facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Been there and done more.

Assuming you have Bangladeshi blood of the non-Razakar variety, a little history lesson will do that self-loathing, also exemplified by your avatar at this time, a LOT of good. Ever heard of 1952, 1969, 1971 or 1991 buddy? I am proud to be one of "our" people and won't be insulted by the type of BS coming out of your keyboard without firing back.

Resilience is also bravery and I'd love to see how resilient you are making less than $1.25 a day and living in hell. That's what the cowardly and the unintelligent of my country do. They don't tolerate dictatorships even for a decade, unlike your heroes in North Africa. I think you're projecting your own lack of virtue on the rest of us, all 160 million of us minus a few like you.

Let's see how the Egyptians and Libyans (with their oil) manage relatively peaceful and regular transfer of power through free and fair elections for 20 straight years, successfully neutralize Islamist/Khariji terrorism, and sustain a healthy economic growth in spite of all the issues that mitigate our potential, not to mention our limited natural resources. Then we'll talk.
First of all, sorry for the late reply, I couldnt find this thread among so many other threads.

Hey, freedom of expression, isnt it? My avatar has nothing do with what I said, I just dont think theres any reason for me to put up a Bangaldesh flag in a Bangladeshi site

I Think Ammark bhai sums up what I wanted to say in this sentence "The most frustrating thing about this is how no one in Bangladesh in any position of influence has the balls to stand up for their beliefs." That is basically what I wanted to say, by the Egyptian and Libyan incidents I didnt mean going against dictatorship, I meant standing up for what you believe in and what you think is wrong. Sure they didnt do it in the last 30 years and I bet they will tell you they should have done it long time ago. BUt better late than never right? No one is doing that in Bangladesh, but still I am sure if you ask everyone [except for members of BAL], I think the majority will agree that this is nothing but revenge for Hasina. The investigation didnt bring up anything. This is all baseless crap. But what did anyone do about it? It is as if they just dont care, while this just shows how much power our government has and how they can abuse it. I didnt mean to have a go at your patriotism about BD.

I am not comparing Egypt or Libya with BD. BD is far ahead of them, but we are just going back. Instead of moving forward, we are taking steps backwards. How is it so different from dictatorship when the person in power can just FIRE the chairman of their own company, even after it was proven several times that there is nothing wrong with him? Isnt that a step backwards?

My main point was, and still is that we have to stand up against it, like the Egyptians and Libyans. They stood up against whats wrong and they made sure change occurs for the good. I think we are all aware that the current political situation in Bangladesh is nothing to be proud of. We have been asking for change, but we never got the right change.

Ohh and btw, I think I know enough about 1952, 1969, 1971 and 1991. But look at where we are now, isnt it about time we added 2011 to that list too? 1991 is still a while ago, and look at where we have gone after that, nowhere. We stood up against what was wrong all those times before. What is stopping us now? Its just ignorance thats stopping us...

Heck, I sometimes think dictatorship might not be as bad as the politicians running the country now [and yes I am talking about both BAL and BNP].

Last edited by Ashraf-FTP; March 23, 2011 at 03:44 PM..

Old April 2, 2011, 10:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i guess hasina thinks, if nobel commitee take younis's award, they might give it to hasina , because she is also from bangladesh. how pathetic thought that is.
Hahaha.. I think you are right. The amount of brain our prime minister carries, it is quite possible she might think that. Anyway, I forgot to release my anger....I know you have no shame Hasina... but SHAME ON YOU HASINA...SHAME ON YOU.