facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 30, 2011, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Thumbs up Vettory retires from Twenty-Twenty

Vettori retires from Twenty20s

Daniel Vettori has announced his retirement from Twenty20 internationals. He had earlier decided to step down as New Zealand captain following the World Cup, and his one-day plans remain unclear, though he is committed to playing Tests.

"I may take a break but this might not be my last one-dayer for New Zealand," Vettori said, after his team's five-wicket loss to Sri Lanka in the World Cup semi-final in Colombo. "I've played my last Twenty20 match (though)."

New Zealand's next one-day assignment in Zimbabwe is still six months away and Vettori said that gave him "lot of time to sit down and think about it [retiring from ODIs] and talk to my family". However, he confirmed that he will continue to play Test cricket.

"Tests are a big part of why I play the game, for team and myself, because there is no better feeling than winning a Test."

Tuesday's defeat to Sri Lanka was New Zealand's sixth World Cup semi-final loss, but Vettori said there were many positives to emerge from their campaign. "The batsmen are starting to develop and understand their roles," Vettori said. "Of the players at this tournament, I was pleased with the likes of Ross Taylor, Jacob Oram and Tim Southee. Nathan McCullum, in particular, also grew as a bowler.

"There will be different stages of grief between those beginning and ending their careers [about the World Cup result] but this is a catalyst for a lot of guys to get better and better."

Vettori has captained the side in 32 Tests, 82 ODIs and 28 Twenty20 internationals. Taylor has stepped in as captain in Vettori's absence in recent times, but New Zealand Cricket are yet to announce a full-time successor.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzeala...ry/508733.html

Old March 30, 2011, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

I like the bold part. Thats the spirit. I love test cricket too eventhough we sucks there.
Old March 31, 2011, 05:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Is he to continue with IPL ?
Wasn't he picked up this year ??
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]