facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 8, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Guys, have a look at this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=24931

Old January 8, 2011, 01:25 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Guys, have a look at this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=24931
wow great to know all this... seems like the Kapali hatred existed since waaayy back...
Old January 8, 2011, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Sorry brother Billah I couldn't disagree with you more vehemently on this. And, frankly, am somewhat shocked and disappointed that a seasoned and esteemed member like your good self will tarnish the integrity of an individual. The mere crime of being "the most outspoken against BCB" most definitly doesn't warrant such scathing attack or even defamation.
Alok's ungrateful behavior really hurt many cricket fans, I still don't want SN anywhere near our national team. In the least, SN and Aftab have demonstrated that they were sorry, they made mistakes and were eager to get back in the national side. Alok was simply holding onto alternative hopes.

Shooting the messenger won't help. Then again, look at our stance at TIB these days, our Police department wants to sue them ! Such is the present culture unfortunately.
Old January 8, 2011, 08:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
That was quite a clever reply :P
May be you should make him your favorite member!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 8, 2011, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
You are definitely, fer-surely one of my favorite members ZeeshanM. You make many of these otherwise dull situations interesting.

Thank you.
Old January 8, 2011, 09:45 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Here is my 2 cents: if Alok plays in this WC, I'll lose all my faith in the future of Bangladesh cricket and will not watch that world cup game.
Old January 8, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Why are you so mad Zee vai I have a few favorite members in BC but you are the numero uno for a reason.

Last edited by Habib; January 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM..
Old January 8, 2011, 10:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Here is my 2 cents: if Alok plays in this WC, I'll lose all my faith in the future of Bangladesh cricket and will not watch that world cup game.
Ahem Rubu vai at it again :P That would be a bit too overreaction don't you think?
Old January 8, 2011, 10:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Why are you so mad Zee vai
Why I am so mad? Gee let's see! I've been using cmd.exe more and more lately, and it's driving me nuts. I was spoiled for years with Apple's Terminal.app without even knowing it. It just seemed like the way a command line environment should work on a modern operating system. It's not the things like "dir" instead of "ls" that drive me crazy. It's not even the difference in how wildcards are handled. It's the UI of the environment hosting the shell!!!! [On Windows, are there different terms for the UI part (like Terminal.app) vs. the shell part (like tcsh, bash, etc)?!!?] Windows uses the Control key for shortcuts while the Mac has the Command key for shortcuts! So, the Mac can continue to use Command-C for copy without interfering with Control-C in the shell!!! But, this isn't so easy on Windows since Control-C is used for copy, but also needs to be used in the shell!!

So let me ask YOU Habib: how come YOU are the one wearing that smiley face and not as mad as me?

Old January 9, 2011, 12:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Ahem Rubu vai at it again :P That would be a bit too overreaction don't you think?
No. Not only he is useless he is also demotivational to the team. The worst player u can pick is him.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 9, 2011, 01:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
You are definitely, fer-surely one of my favorite members ZeeshanM. You make many of these otherwise dull situations interesting.

Thank you.
chi chi chi billah bhai eto formal keno. amake zeeshu bole daklei cholbe. after all ami apnar choto bhayer moton....

-minus the good looks.

Old January 9, 2011, 03:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
chi chi chi billah bhai eto formal keno. amake zeeshu bole daklei cholbe. after all ami apnar choto bhayer moton....

-minus the good looks.
Ahem, one small, tiny little unsolicited advice, and this comes after observing several thousands of your posts: As with may other engineer types - humor just might not be your thing....
Old January 9, 2011, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
বুড়ো আন্গুল দিয়ে এর চেয়ে বেশী টাইপ করা সহজ নয়...
Ki ar kora, Gobore-o valo saar hoy bhaijaan,
Anyway, the way you are telling all the stories like Alok and his agent pursuing IPL contract, then ALok foul mouthing against BD all these without any authentic source doesn't make your statements any valid unless you prove it. You don't like Alok thats fine with me, everyone has right to like or dislike someone but talking own made statement to bring down someone doesn't justify any credit or fairness, sounds more like golabaji to me. I will be delighted to have some real sources provided by you which you brought allegation against ALok.

As I say everyone has right to like or dislike someone Billah bai, I know you for long time in this forum and I like your posts but this post was bit arbitrary to me, no offense !!
Old January 9, 2011, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I think you'll watch the game whether Alok or Javed Omar Belim is on the team :P (even though he can't be).
Old January 9, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^thik bolechen bhai!
Old January 9, 2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Ki ar kora, Gobore-o valo saar hoy bhaijaan,
Anyway, the way you are telling all the stories like Alok and his agent pursuing IPL contract, then ALok foul mouthing against BD all these without any authentic source doesn't make your statements any valid unless you prove it.
You are assuming here that I don't like Alok. Assumptions will always make an a$$ out of you. You also assumed that for some God for saken reason, I have to "prove" something to you. Wrong again. I'm sorry to inform you, I can't help you if you are so poorly informed about our cricketers. I try to stay in-touch and on top of information about these boys. I wish I had the time or temperament to help fill this huge information void of yours, but I'm already wasting my time responding to this. Try reading. In about 6 months you will catch up also. Until then, please don't try to educate me. Thanks.

Quote:
You don't like Alok thats fine with me, everyone has right to like or dislike someone but talking own made statement to bring down someone doesn't justify any credit or fairness, sounds more like golabaji to me. I will be delighted to have some real sources provided by you which you brought allegation against ALok.
Alok is a traitor
He is not focused on playing for our national team
He has his focus elsewhere

The above is information, unfortunately for Alok. As for your knowledge gap, please read the first part of my post. Actually, this post of yours qualifies as golabaji. Once you start thinking objectively, try answering this question to yourself: What is Billah's benefit with this "smear campaign" against my Alok?

Quote:
As I say everyone has right to like or dislike someone Billah bai, I know you for long time in this forum and I like your posts but this post was bit arbitrary to me, no offense !!
Once again, your a$$umption that I don't like Alok(as a cricketer) is simply baseless. I have been following the careers of these boys from day one. Fact is, Alok gave it all away at the worst possible time. I still wish him all the best.

My posts are not based on my opinion, they are based on facts only. Your posts are based on your opinion, thus they are biased, and are unnecessarily attacking me. I am not the subject of this thread here, Alok is. You might want to try to understand it.
Old January 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Ahem, one small, tiny little unsolicited advice, and this comes after observing several thousands of your posts: As with may other engineer types - humor just might not be your thing....
Aww schucks. Where would I be without great billah's astute observations?

Old January 9, 2011, 07:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

From what I recall it wasn't Alok but Shahriar Nafees and Dhiman Ghosh who were the least remorseful of their decisions. Didn't SN claim on the some show that ICL was the best thing to happen to him? Not that I support any of the ICL recruits but I remember Alok's reasons were the most valid. Both SN and Aftab where regulars in the side, SN even lied to BCB about having an exam to skip the Australia tour whereas actually he was negotiating with the ICL. Alok on the other hand was snubbed when it came to handing out contracts and I also remember reading somewhere that after the death of Alok's father some BCB official told him 'ma babar chinta niye cricket khela jabe na.' after he asked for some time off.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 9, 2011, 09:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Source :PA
Old January 9, 2011, 10:53 PM
Cricket Sage

What does he exactly mean when he says, "ashole jatio dole khelte thakle kaj ta shohoj hoye jai keu ar proshno tole na, o ar khelte parbe ki na?" No one told you to leave Alok, or no one kicked you out. From what I remember he just made his return into the nation team, and he hit that hundred against India in the Asia Cup. I'm pretty sure he was also part of the squad that went to Australia. Had he stayed I'm sure he would have gotten plenty more chances. Since he came back what has he done to earn a call up? At least Aftab and SN can say that we were one of the leading run scorer in the last year's DPL, what's his reason?

Last edited by Ajfar; January 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old January 9, 2011, 11:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Personally I was very mad when the players had left for the ICL and at their comments. I quickly became critics of them. Now though I'm not mad anymore. I feel that this was the past and as young players they were just excited at the prospect of making big money. If they can help out our cricket then they should be considered even though they caused trouble. I'm sure all these players realize the big mistake in leaving. The thing is though they have to perform in domestics first before they get a look in the national team.

Out of all the ICL players SN and Nazim have been the most consistent out of the ICL lot. Alok has probably been the most inconsistent. Even Aftab was consistent in the DPL last year but Alok has failed to even do that. My question is why should he get a chance if he can't top the charts in our domestic leagues? Knowing Alok's talent he should be performing very well in domestics. On top of that, he bailed out of the A team twice. Once for family reasons which I understand but he didn't really have a reason the other time. Alok in my opinion should go through the A team 1st before he gets considered in the national team.
Old January 10, 2011, 01:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

the question at this point in time isn't who should get a chance or who shouldn't... The question is who can give you those quickfire 30s, 40s in the powerplay that we are missing at the moment... Who is that guy that can chip in with 5 fairly economical overs and those quick fire runs?

i believe Alok can do the job...he scored a century against Zaheer, Harbhajan and co so I believe he can be that powerhitter at 7....

obviously a gazillion BC members believe otherwise...
Old January 10, 2011, 01:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

The fact that this thread about Alok got 70+ replies probably stands out as his biggest success in last 5 years.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 10, 2011, 06:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You are assuming here that I don't like Alok. Assumptions will always make an a$$ out of you. You also assumed that for some God for saken reason, I have to "prove" something to you. Wrong again. I'm sorry to inform you, I can't help you if you are so poorly informed about our cricketers. I try to stay in-touch and on top of information about these boys. I wish I had the time or temperament to help fill this huge information void of yours, but I'm already wasting my time responding to this. Try reading. In about 6 months you will catch up also. Until then, please don't try to educate me. Thanks.

Alok is a traitor
He is not focused on playing for our national team
He has his focus elsewhere

The above is information, unfortunately for Alok. As for your knowledge gap, please read the first part of my post. Actually, this post of yours qualifies as golabaji. Once you start thinking objectively, try answering this question to yourself: What is Billah's benefit with this "smear campaign" against my Alok?

Once again, your a$$umption that I don't like Alok(as a cricketer) is simply baseless. I have been following the careers of these boys from day one. Fact is, Alok gave it all away at the worst possible time. I still wish him all the best.

My posts are not based on my opinion, they are based on facts only. Your posts are based on your opinion, thus they are biased, and are unnecessarily attacking me. I am not the subject of this thread here, Alok is. You might want to try to understand it.
once again after your all talk you didn't provide any sources based on your comments about ALOK to shut up an uneducated guy like me, please help me out to mature up and fill up the void !!
Old January 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
From what I recall it wasn't Alok but Shahriar Nafees and Dhiman Ghosh who were the least remorseful of their decisions. Didn't SN claim on the some show that ICL was the best thing to happen to him? Not that I support any of the ICL recruits but I remember Alok's reasons were the most valid. Both SN and Aftab where regulars in the side, SN even lied to BCB about having an exam to skip the Australia tour whereas actually he was negotiating with the ICL. Alok on the other hand was snubbed when it came to handing out contracts and I also remember reading somewhere that after the death of Alok's father some BCB official told him 'ma babar chinta niye cricket khela jabe na.' after he asked for some time off.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
I hope Billah bai reading this too ..!! I mean these are the stories of speculations we really don't know whats happening inside unless you are one of the BCB member!!

Last edited by Shaan; January 10, 2011 at 06:37 AM..