facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2011, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default State of Bangladesh's pace attack

So the article published on DS today shows that our pace bowling is really in shambles. But the way the writer speaking of BCB XI, as if he was referring to Bangladesh A team. Does he not know that the backup of our national team is actually in SA right now? I know our national team pace attack is almost as good as a backup of the elite nations and the back up is non existent but the article portrays lack of his knowledge about who the back up really is (unless I am misunderstanding him).

Here's the link to the DS article: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=180885

Come to think of the back up pacers, why isn't Shahadat playing in either of the A or the BCB XI team? Is he not fit?

Old April 7, 2011, 05:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I remember couple of days back a minister went all gaga about reporters and quality of reporting. BTW, Robiul Islam did well in the first innings of SA-A.
Old April 7, 2011, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Also why aren't we seeing left handed pace bowlers in the radar? Bangladesh is one of the rarest place in subcontinent where swing is visible. And an inswinging ball from a lefty bowler to the righty batsman is as beautiful and deadly as "Medusa" herself. And I am not even asking for a express bowler, someone with control like ZAK. Only if Mash was a lefty, that would've encouraged so many others.
Old April 8, 2011, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well,the pacers he mentioned,most of them played for the national team before and remember,they were selected for the WC camp and all,so one may simply assume that these are basically our back up pacers
Old April 8, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Also why aren't we seeing left handed pace bowlers in the radar? Bangladesh is one of the rarest place in subcontinent where swing is visible. And an inswinging ball from a lefty bowler to the righty batsman is as beautiful and deadly as "Medusa" herself. And I am not even asking for a express bowler, someone with control like ZAK. Only if Mash was a lefty, that would've encouraged so many others.
I am a left armer with good pace and capable of bowling late outswingers....try me out :P

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 8, 2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I am a left armer with good pace and capable of bowling late outswingers....try me out :P

what game do you play and what version? ...kidding
Old April 8, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
well,the pacers he mentioned,most of them played for the national team before and remember,they were selected for the WC camp and all,so one may simply assume that these are basically our back up pacers
They may be in the WC 30 member camp but none of these bowlers was anywhere close to the national team for last 2 years. And if these bunch didn't even make it to the A team, then they are actually backup of our backup especially when our national team only makes room for 2 pacers at a time.
Old April 8, 2011, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad

I can give you a shot in my own team. ;-) I already have a left hander from India, who claims to play with Ashish Nehra, and is tremendous prospect. This kid, he's 18, is trying out for US under 19 team atm. So I won't mind another one in my team, especially from Bangladesh.

But going back to the topic, left hand fast bowling is a treat to watch, and are a rare breed, Bangladesh can go up a notch in bowling department if they can produce one that is much faster than Rasel.