facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
It was done once before, by none other than Mahmudullah Riyad
thats why i respect Riyad

Old August 31, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
I am sorry but beating up bowlers in domestic tournaments cant be compared to bullying top international bowlers in places like England like Amla is doing. Amla's record is FAR better than gayle in premier form of the game as well as odi's. Amla averages almost 60 in odi's and SR is far higher than gayle and also gayle's average only 39. In tests also no comparison between the two, Amla is far better specially in last 2 years. Kohli's odi record is also FAR superior to gayle in odi's even though he is poor in tests. Gayle is massively overrated because of his bullying in IPL, he is nowhere close to being top 10 batsmen in odi's and top 15 in tests. He is a very good batsman but not in the class of Amla, Kallis, AB.
I know Gayle is no where as good as Amla in odis and tests, but in teaTwenties there is no one better than Gayle.
Amla or even Kohli's consistency is just beyond reality but so is Gayles power hitting.
And I dont know what u mean by Gayle beating up in domestic lgs, dont u know that Gayle is the first player to score an international hundred against SA in Tea20 cup,and also not to forget how he treated Brett lee in English conditions,in some T20 match.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 1, 2012, 03:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Kohli's on 37* at tea and looking set to score a patient, classy and potentially match saving/winning big test by lunch tomorrow.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 1, 2012, 06:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Kohli finishes the day on 93*. Looking unbreakable and classy, he's well on his way to his second test after playing yet another key innings for India. He has definitely turned the corner in test matches.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 1, 2012, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

kohli, what a player!
Old September 1, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Even though I'm not a big fan of India, I'm a huge fan of Kohli. I just love his attitude as well. Every team needs a fiery guy and fierce competitor. I also love the way he just scores his runs regardless of what conditions he's playing in. definitely great for cricket to have a great emerging batsman like Kohli.
Old September 1, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

I'm a huge admirer of Kohli's batting/fielding/consistency, still don't like him much but doesn't matter, he is awechum.
Old September 1, 2012, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Even though I'm not a big fan of India, I'm a huge fan of Kohli. I just love his attitude as well. Every team needs a fiery guy and fierce competitor. I also love the way he just scores his runs regardless of what conditions he's playing in. definitely great for cricket to have a great emerging batsman like Kohli.
a youngster performing like this for any team is exciting, a great example for all the other youngsters.
Old September 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

This guy is turning into a prodigy.
Old September 1, 2012, 06:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Hmm...Khalil has got a tat?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 1, 2012, 07:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^ya he's got 3.
Old September 1, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Not even 24 yet, he has temperament and technique of a 35YO veteran playing at his peak. He'll put up genuinely scary numbers in all 3 formats if he manages to sustain what we've just witnessed.
Old September 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Didn't expect him to fall so quickly after his . Clutch knock nonetheless.
Old September 2, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Amla has an ordinary day but still manages to score 45!
Old September 3, 2012, 06:19 AM
Cricket Savant

51* delivers victory for his team and takes his test average past 40 for the first time. It won't be long before Kohli cruises past 50. What an amazing 23YO!
Old September 3, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cricket Guru

kohli is incredibly talented, so mentally tough for a 23 year old and such great temperament and ability to play the way the situation requires.
Old September 3, 2012, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

And we say our 23 year olds are too young. Bangalir ojuhaat dawar obbhyash gelo na.
Old September 3, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
And we say our 23 year olds are too young. Bangalir ojuhaat dawar obbhyash gelo na.
this is a special 23 year old, most players won't ever be able to be as consistent and high quality as kohli is let alone at the age of 23.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
this is a special 23 year old, most players won't ever be able to be as consistent and high quality as kohli is let alone at the age of 23.
As 23YO batsmen go since Lara-Ponting-Tendulkar, the only other 23YO as special as Kohli I can think of is Michael Clarke, but I think he'll surpass the Australian phenom by some distance in 10 years max if he doesn't go through too many dry patches in a reasonably long career. Kohli already has more ODI hundreds, is a superior T20I player, and has begun to stamp his authority in tests since Perth. Both Graeme Smith and AB Devillers, each very impressive as a 23YO, are still going strong. Alastair Cook, Andrew Strauss and Kevin Pietersen are up there also.

I'm only talking about young batsmen who managed to sustain early success, not relatively late bloomers like Mathew Hayden, Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara or more recently, Hashim Amla.

Shakib Al Hasan has also been very special but from the far narrower context of his incredible value primarily to Bangladesh.

Anyway, here's one way to measure a batsman in terms of the centuries he scores (not including Sir Don, who's in a class all by himself):

1. 30+ centuries per format = legend

2. 20-29 centuries per format = great

3. 15-19 centuries per format = good

Last edited by Sohel; September 4, 2012 at 01:29 AM..
Old September 5, 2012, 11:31 PM
Cricket Savant

97 more from Amla. Btw good thread Sohel bhai. Seems like every time you open espncricinfo, these guys scoring.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Yep 97* to amla, a complete run machine, best batsman atm.
Old September 6, 2012, 06:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel

1. 30+ centuries per format = legend

2. 20-29 centuries per format = great

3. 15-19 centuries per format = good
I'm guessing you wouldn't use the same parameters for T20Is? Rather than just runs scored, I'd look at 50+ scores coupled with strike rate and games played.
Old September 6, 2012, 07:13 AM
Cricket Savant

awkward consistency by these 2
Old September 6, 2012, 04:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Amla's odi record is freakish and far better than Tendulkar and even Kohli specially in the strike rate department as well as average, he averages 15 points higher than tendulkar. It's just sad that SA play half the number of odi's a year as India, If SA played as many useless odi's as India on mostly flat pitches he would have crushed Kohli's run records by now (still has far better average, strike rate and century ratio)
Old September 8, 2012, 03:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Amla missed his 11th ODI by just 3 runs, but a match winning innings nonetheless. Great partnership with ABD after Smith, FDP and Elgar went cheaply.

Amla's innings in this tour so far, facing some of the best bowlers in the world:

Tests: 311*, 9, 28, 13 & 121 with an average of 120.5

ODIs: 150, 43, 45 & 97* with an average of 111.7