facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 7, 2006, 03:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
The most worrying thing is that in the post match presentation Mashud said that BD team played well in the series but they lost the close games because of good cricket from Zimbabwe. With all due respect to the Zimbabwe side I can safely say that we lost the first and third ODI due to our mistakes and not because of ZIM brilliance. We practically gave away the matches from winning positions. Pathetic way of thinking from Mashud. This shows his level and what sort of performance he finds pleasing.
zimbabwe played their heart and soul out in this series. they really were up against it. this series must have born as much significance to them as the last series at zimbabwe did to us. thats when we got our first odi win since receiving the test status. this team has loads of potential as well, with batsmen like masakadza, taylor, and matsikenyeri leading the way. on their home soil, they are more than capable of beating us. that being said, we still are a better team. and we should have won this series. but the favorite doesn't always win the series. it was an entertaining, evenly matched up series between two teams with similar strength. the result agrees as well: 3-2. i'm happy to see some new comers shine, and to see golla out of the team. i'm knocking on hella wood trying to keep myself from gettting too excited over shahadat. i'm also pleased with the few blitzkrieg innings that aftab played. all he's missing is age. mashrafe will be fine. i wont think twice before letting him bowl the 50th over in the next match. the dude fought off a couple of career threatening injuries. matches like these will help him grow. these are just a few of the positives that i've noticed. there are more. i'm sure you guys can find them.