facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2005, 04:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Default high standard!!

Club cricket England, esp. the Surrey and Lancashire leagues are of very high standard. Remember Aminul Islam plays in a similar league in Sydney. All of England's test palyers came through these clubs and many still play for them when they're not playing for England or their counties. The standard is higher than bangladesh first-class cricket, I can gurantee that. Established 1st class cricketers from Aus, S Africa, N Zealand & Zim play in these leagues. Already mentioned by someone else, the counties will only choose either quality test players or established 1st class cricketers who, if born anyhwere else would play test cricket, rather than players who average low 20s in test cricket. Many of the Premier Division clubs have 1 overseas player but the rest are paid pros, so alot of experience to be gaiend for our guys if given the chance!!

Old February 15, 2005, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

redstar, since u live in london, i expect u read the Janomot newspapers? anyway, i recently read in there that Kowshik wishes to play county cricket in england in the near future? please correct if im wrong.
Old February 15, 2005, 07:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

one point, aminul islam plays a 2nd level cricket in australia (hfan or bourney can give the exact picture). and ofcourse, it will be really good if our players can regulary play in county cricket but i don't it will happen until we can show our class in internation level. we are getting there, just not yet. unless of coure, icc succeeded with its money making plan and sets us in 2nd tier.
Old February 16, 2005, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes Aminul plays in Grade cricket. It is a kind of amateur league. These leagues are in all capital cities in Australia. Australia goes.

Test
State
2nd XI
and then probably the grade cricket

so the lancashire league and surrey league would be like 2nd XI.
Old February 16, 2005, 01:17 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Can anyone say the teams where Minhazul Abedin, Monzurul Rana and some other former players play in the English counties? And what level of teams were they?
Old February 16, 2005, 01:17 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think Aminul Islam also used to play for one of the minor county teams in England in the past.