facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 30, 2018, 10:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Should BD rest the big 4 against Zimbabwe?

DISCLAIMER: Just had to put big 4 for title purposes I know Tamim and Shakib are out due to injuries (most likely both comes back for NZ tour in FEB).

Even if it hurts a little bit with ICC ranking points should BD rest the other senior players and go all young or guys that are not proven a chance to showcase themselves against Zimbabwe.

I think Mushfiq, Riad, Mash and Fizz (only because of Fizz injury history) should be rested against Zimbabwe and get some new young blood in to see if they can establish a spot for world cup.

Personally would love to see starting 11 (no changes just these 11 guys for all series).

1. Das (C) (WK)
2. Shanto
3. Afif Hossain
4. Mosaddek
5 Mithun
6 Mehedi
7. Ariful
8. Saiffudin (not sure who would work as a lower order fast bowling (bowling all rounder).
9. Nazmul Hasan
10. Abu Haider
11. Abu Jayed

Old September 30, 2018, 12:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Dont see why they need rest ?
I heard the training camp for Zim will start 15 oct.
Before that I am sure they will get around 10 days off.
But I would like to see Mosaddek batting at top 4 position, Mithun and Imrul get a full series and Hider bowl.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 30, 2018, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Want to start loosing points and confidence before the world Cup? That would be a horrible decision
Old September 30, 2018, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I don't think we should rest them but I think what u want is more chances for the newer guys . Like shanto. I think that's a good idea .

Team can be shuffled around and experimented with . We need to be competitive when we get zero contributions from the fav 5 .

It almost feels like abswnse of one of fav 5 and is not an international quality team .

We need to find a team combination that will make us one of the top 4 before WC.

We should shoot for semi ..it's our next format and we are strong .

I expect us to advance ..anytgub less will be disappointing
Old September 30, 2018, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru

I am not advocating for any unnecessary rest, since we have some down time between now and the Zimbabwe series. However, whoever carrying a chronic injury and need time to go through a proper rehab, they should be given this opportunity between now and the West Indies series, Be it Mash or Miraz.
Old September 30, 2018, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Mushfiq, Shakib and Tamim is out of the question due to injuries. Mash should be rested too imo

Only senior that should be playing is Riyad and he should also captain the team.

Lets face it, the youngsters coming out of the domestic scene with heavy numbers are just awful when put into the international scene. We don't have the quality and exposure in our domestics to better equip the young players before their debut, hence they look as if they never held a bat in their lives. Its also not fair for them to be thrown in to the international scene during high profile tours and tournaments and then be discarded for faults out of their control. Its better we start them off against weaker teams at home so they get a better understanding of what international cricket requires and to get rid of the mindset that they can approach it the way they do in their domestic games. There is no better time than sorry excuse of this current Zimbabwe team touring BD next month for these young players that are going to be carrying this team in a couple years to start gaining experience.

Also players such as Riyad, Liton, Imrul, Miraz, Rubel etc are not considered new anymore and would be decent guiding hands in the team. Even with these players we do not have any excuse to be losing to Zim at home.

My XI

1) Liton
2) SS (desperately need him to come back to form, the quality of Zim might be what it takes to bring back his confidence)
3) Shanto
4) Mossadek
5) Imrul
6) Mithun/Riyad (C)
7) Riyad (C)/Ariful
8) Mehedi
9) Taskin/ Rony/ Any other upcoming pacer?
10) Rubel/ Jayed
11) Complementary SLA for Zim/ Or an upcoming spinner
Old September 30, 2018, 06:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Well shakib and Tamim are injured as we speak so I’d rest them, and as I said in another thread mash needs to be preserved wherever possible so I’d rest those 3. I’d rest mushy in ODIs so another young player can get a chance.

I’m totally on board with this series being about giving youngsters experience. Let’s face it, the youngsters making the ODI xi are for the most part struggling so we need to give them and the bench more games before the WC so they’ve been in as many situations as possible to call upon if needed during the WC, plus it gets them more comfortable as an international cricketer and hopefully it could be the beginning of some good form for some of them.
Old September 30, 2018, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

NoName and Gowza are pretty much on point. Need Riyad to captain. The team won't collapse around him. Juniors only collapse when seniors perform due to umbilical chord issues. They need to be thrown in the water, and told to swim. With just one senior around in Riyad, they will get more confidence to stamp their identity in the team. With the chief narcissist Rahim out, and no Shakib and Tamim there either to shift the locker room balance, the juniors will do much much better. That I can tell you. And more importantly, it will help the team for years to come in the future.
Old October 1, 2018, 12:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Simple Equation: I would Rest:

Tamim
Shakib
Mushy
Mash

play everyone else. they should be young and hungry....
Old October 1, 2018, 01:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

No need to rest Mashrafe. He only plays ODI and wouldn't need any rest for it.
Old October 1, 2018, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I don't like the attitude of some of the fans here. Confidence is good, but overconfidence isn't so.

This Zimbabwe team has plenty of good players, and they have done pretty well in last few years, beating some of the bigger sides in process; in fact, they won an ODI series away to Sri Lanka – something we have yet to do. Not only that, but they have an awful lot of experience playing us, and resting all our big guns will mean that we will lose serious ranking points.

We already lost like 3 points by losing to Afghanistan recently with the same kind of attitude, and we can't afford to do the same again.

The last time they toured us back in 14, though we won all the games with our full strength side, they weren't all exactly one-sided. Zimbabwe could've quite easily won some of those games.

There's plenty of rest between now and then, so I don't want to see either Mushfiqur or Mortaza or even the Fizz miss out on these games. They can skip dead rubber and that, but not the entire series.

Last edited by RealSports; October 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Correction
Old October 1, 2018, 12:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Okay practice match and then 3 ODIs first and then 3 day game and then ending with 2 tests.

Let the juniors play the practice match captained by SS.
1st and 2nd ODI no rest for anyone unless you are injured. Mash, Mushi, Fizz and Riyad plays. 3rd ODI, empty the bench with Riyad being the captain.

Test, bring back Rahim and Fizz. one ODI and a three day game rest should be enough.

Bi-lateral series is not a CUP.
Old October 1, 2018, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

tamim, shakib,mushy definitely need rest

mash may be every alternate day/1 or 2 match can play. riad should be captain

Liton
Kayes
shanto/mominul
mosaddek
Mithun
riad
soumya/ ariful
miraz
najmul apu
abu hider/ abu zayed/kazi anik
mustafiz/rubel (rotate)
Old October 1, 2018, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I'll rest fizz along with mushy tamim Shakib

Old October 1, 2018, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

resting fizz is not a bad idea, I think mash should play every other match but should remain with the team
Old October 1, 2018, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
I don't like the attitude of some of the fans here. Confidence is good, but overconfidence isn't so.

This Zimbabwe team has plenty of good players, and they have done pretty well in last few years, beating some of the bigger sides in process; in fact, they won an ODI series away to Zimbabwe – something we have yet to do. Not only that, but they have an awful lot of experience playing us, and resting all our big guns will mean that we will lose serious ranking points.

We already lost like 3 points by losing to Afghanistan recently with the same kind of attitude, and we can't afford to do the same again.

The last time they toured us back in 14, though we won all the games with our full strength side, they weren't all exactly one-sided. Zimbabwe could've quite easily won some of those games.

There's plenty of rest between now and then, so I don't want to see either Mushfiqur or Mortaza or even the Fizz miss out on these games. They can skip dead rubber and that, but not the entire series.
I don’t think it’s over confidence, it’s a combination of wanting the seniors to be in the best physical condition and giving the back up players and youngsters experience they dearly need.

Shakib - already injured
Tamim - already injured
Mash - a perpetual injury

Maybe mash can play but if he has any niggles he shouldn’t. He’s been living on borrowed time for how long? At the end of the day if you had to pick between mash playing a series against zim or the WC you’d pick the WC so just make sure he’s looked after is the point here.

Zim can be a very competent side, SA’s recent win was tougher than it should’ve been so thumbs up to zim there. But in a WC lead up bi lateral against zim where youngsters and bench players need experience and form, it’s a good time to give those players opportunities.

I don’t know about others, but I say these things with the bigger picture in mind, winning this series would be nice and should still be the goal but to me it isn’t the priority. If the team loses this series but benefits in the long run and for the WC then it’s still a win.
Old October 2, 2018, 12:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I'll rest fizz along with mushy tamim Shakib

Nice to see you posting. How have you been?
Old October 2, 2018, 02:51 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We need to rest players not out of over confidence but necessity. Tamim is injured, Shakib almost survived a career ending injury, Mushfiq has rib cage injury and the last thing we need is Mash to pick one up so close to WC. Fizz is slowly finding his rhythm and he can play as long as the captain controls his workload. I don't want him to play tests against Zimbabwe.
Old October 2, 2018, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Rest Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq and Fizz

This would be my squad:
Liton Das+
Soumya Sarkar
Nazmul Hossain Shanto
Mohammad Mithun
Mahmudullah
Ariful Haque
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza*
Nazmul Islam Opu
Rubel Hossain
Abu Haider

Squad: Imrul Kayes, Mosaddek Hossain, Abu Jayed
Old October 2, 2018, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

It's not like we have been playing Cricket a lot this year; in fact, not even close compared to sides like England. They don't make such excuses. It's no wonder we're considered as one of the weaker sides. Don't forget, this Zimbabwe side has players such as Chatara, Jarvis and Taylor. They will most likely beat us if we field a depleted side. We'll lose serious ranking points.
Old October 2, 2018, 10:45 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
It's not like we have been playing Cricket a lot this year; in fact, not even close compared to sides like England. They don't make such excuses. It's no wonder we're considered as one of the weaker sides. Don't forget, this Zimbabwe side has players such as Chatara, Jarvis and Taylor. They will most likely beat us if we field a depleted side. We'll lose serious ranking points.
We are not resting these seniors just for the sake of it and making excuses. 3 out of 5 of them are legitimately injured or carrying an injury. Tamim has a broken wrist or finger, Shakib out for 3 months, and Mushy has been playing with rib injury. Only Mash and Riyad are available.
Old October 2, 2018, 11:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
We are not resting these seniors just for the sake of it and making excuses. 3 out of 5 of them are legitimately injured or carrying an injury. Tamim has a broken wrist or finger, Shakib out for 3 months, and Mushy has been playing with rib injury. Only Mash and Riyad are available.
That's exactly right. Mushy we will have wait and see how his injury is once Zimbabwe series starts and not force him to play if his injury is genuine and long term. If he is 100% fit, we should play him...Having too many inexperienced juniors may backfire even against Zimbabwe.
Old October 2, 2018, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Liton (WK)
Tushar
Mithun
Riad (c)
Ariful
Miraz
Shafiul
Opu
Enam Jr/Zubair
Abu Haider

12th Man : Soummya

Mash as a Consultant

To fill up 15 man squad add Naeem Islam and Shadman

Do not want Mominul because he needs to be ready for a Triple in test
Old October 2, 2018, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Liton (WK)
Tushar
Mithun
Riad (c)
Ariful
Miraz
Shafiul
Opu
Enam Jr/Zubair
Abu Haider

12th Man : Soummya

Mash as a Consultant

To fill up 15 man squad add Naeem Islam and Shadman

Do not want Mominul because he needs to be ready for a Triple in test
would love to see some senior get 2nd chance, specially the one in excellent form but somehow fans and selectors don't like to give them 2nd chance. so tushar, naim, enam jr, sohag gazi, zubair, shafiul are basically history
Old October 2, 2018, 06:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

This is an international series and so long as it has ODI and Test status, we should only rest the players that need rest. Fortunately, we have enough injuries that key players who need more exposure should get it.

But we shouldn't just play our A team because the opposition is weak. Our main team needs game time. We are already ranked 10th or 11th in terms of the number of ODIs we play which is frankly terrible. We can't afford our leading players to see out games when we play so few to begin with.

Shanto, Mosaddek, and otherhs should get a full series to stake their claim into the squad. Based on that we can figure out the team combination for WI series, NZ tour, and eventually hte World Cup.

#OneTeam1Dream