facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default PCB will lift ban on ICL players: Inzamam

Indian Cricket League champion Lahore Badshahs' skipper Inzamam-ul Haq has claimed that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is all set to lift the ban on players aligned with the 'rebel' Twenty20 league.

"I have got positive vibes and response from the PCB about granting recognition to the ICL and I am hopeful the bans on the ICL players would be lifted soon," Inzamam, also a former Pakistan skipper, said.

The legal advisors and officials of the PCB are working on finalising a way to lift ban on ICL players, sources close to the board revealed recently.

Inzamam also urged the ICC to take some affirmative steps to safeguard the rights of the cricketers.

"I think it is also time the ICC play its role and take steps to safeguard the players rights, who are signed up for the ICL.

"The ICL is promoting cricket and providing livelihood to many players and also giving chances to young Indian cricketers. So it is time the ICC and Indian board recognise it to make the tournament official," he said.

Lahore Badshahs defeated Hyderabad Heroes in the three-match final to lift the second edition of the ICL T20 championship trophy in Ahmedabad last Sunday.

The skipper on Monday also expressed his eagerness to participate in a friendly encounter with the national team, who recently clinched a three-match ODI series against West Indies in Abu Dhabi, provided the PCB allows them.

Former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad recently compared the two sides and came out with the proposal of staging a friendly match between them.

Source

... and Breaking News: Miandad appointed PCB's director-general !

Looks as if it actually is gonna happen....It will be interesting to see what we do in terms of our players once it happens....

Old November 19, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

I want a series played between Dhaka Warriors and Bangladesh national team....It will tell us exactly where who stands !
Old November 19, 2008, 10:37 AM
BC Editorial Team

It is rumoured that Asif will join ICL if he is banned after the drugs hearing
Old November 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont think he will be allowed to play by ICL offcials if he is banned for taking drugs!
Old November 20, 2008, 08:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i hope the PCB does it, all other boards will follow suit, and we can do it also.

if PCB does it, BCB should be the second to do it. BCCI cannot hurt us anymore then they already are.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 20, 2008, 09:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kothhin proshno

as salaamu alaikum, indian cricket board er payer talu chata bondho kore icl er upor ban uthhiye nile ektu shukhi hotam. arek desher cricket board tader shathe ragaragi kore karon oder aro taka khawa proyojon, er shathe fokir bd cricket er shomporko ki? chamchami majhe majhe amader amader puraton batik hishebe dekha dei. duto udhriti:

1:"bel pakle kak er ki?"
bel: icl niye jhogra
kak: bd chamchamiroto cricket board

2:"adar beparir jahaj er khobor niye kaj ki?" (ashole bhikhari fokir er bolle aro upojukto hoto)
adar bepari/rikshawala/rastar fokir: bd cricket board
jahaj: indian cricket board er poisha banabar instrument

uff to chamchami! kichhu bhai ekhon o hindi bolle mind koren, urdu bolle mind koren, othhocho bcb eto boro ekta chamchami korlo desher cricketer der ban kore, karo matha betha nai. proman kore bangali koto hujug e jati. eta shottikar orthe ekta jatigoto opoman. ami jokhon ei post likhchhi tokhon bd er score 71/7 in test! kapali aar aftab ke bd khub kharap bhabe miss korchhe. mathe banglar notun damal chhele mushfiqur tar catch miss kore kore thheke thheke shikhchhe. at least ajke ami ei notun sanowar ke credit debo. bcb er upor ragbo na hashbo bujhte parchhi na. onnanno shob board icl player der ban kore bcci er poisha theke 2 pice pete pare. but amader oi shamorthho nai je eto boro dui ta player ke ban korbo. shame on bcb!!
Old November 20, 2008, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i hope the PCB does it, all other boards will follow suit, and we can do it also.

if PCB does it, BCB should be the second to do it. BCCI cannot hurt us anymore then they already are.
Hoping for the same.
Old November 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

inzy mamur connection ase mone hochhe.....
Old November 20, 2008, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

BCB er eto shahos nai..shudu PCB keno...baki sob board unbanned korlew BCB korbe na...chamchami sovav jibonei jabe na...
Old November 21, 2008, 12:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

This was reported two days back :
Quote:
Clive Lloyd, the former West Indies captain and ICC cricket committee chairman, is hopeful the ICL and IPL can co-exist and believes similar leagues in the West Indies will boost the game in the region.
It was followed yesterday by this :

Quote:
The board of Control for Cricket in India has asked the International Cricket Council to remove Clive Lloyd, the former West Indian captain, from his post as chairman of the ICC's Cricket Committee following some remarks Lloyd made at a public function in Mumbai recently.

Lloyd had expressed hope that the Indian Premier League and the Indian Cricket League could co-exist, saying, "There's nothing like having a discussion to break the ice. Just like the United States president Barack Obama said 'you have to speak to people'. They [IPL and ICL] both need to understand their agendas and work accordingly."
No comments

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/378926.html
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...from+committee
Old November 21, 2008, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Smh
Old November 21, 2008, 12:59 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Tintin, it's a SCARY world of cricket we live in. I'm just speechless. ICC should cease to exist and give BCCI full control of world cricket. No need for this pretense of ICC being the world cricket governing body.

On the other side, it just hit me that BCCI deserves kudos for being such a well oiled machine. If they were in the NYSE, I'd buy their stock in a heartbeat.
Old November 21, 2008, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

PCB under pressure to pick ICL players - Miandad

Javed Miandad, the former Pakistan captain and current director-general of the PCB, has said the board is under a lot of pressure from the public and the media to include ICL players in the national team. Miandad supported the move, and accused the Indian board of "bullying tactics" that have caused players to suffer.
The Indian board had banned the ICL players from playing any representative cricket in and for India, a move that was copied by most other national boards as well. "The BCCI is a very powerful body, but because of its bullying tactics, a lot of people are suffering. All the BCCI needs to do is join hands with ICL," Miandad told Daily News & Analysis, an Indian newspaper. "PCB is under a lot of pressure from the public and the media to include players like Imran Nazir, Rana Naved and Imran Farhat in the team. If there is such talent, why not utilise it? As a cricketer, I would like to see these boys in the Pakistan squad."
Another influential name in cricket, Clive Lloyd, the former West Indies captain and the chairman of ICC's cricket committee, also backed a thaw in relations between the official and unauthorised voices of the game. He hoped the IPL and ICL could co-exist, and also believed that similar leagues in West Indies would boost the game in the region.
Miandad also hoped India would tour Pakistan in January, a series that will boost the country's chances of successfully bidding for the postponed Champions Trophy later in 2009. "If they don't tour then how can we expect any other country to ever visit us?" Miandad was against holding the series at a neutral venue, and said if there were security issues, India could host it instead. "Let Pakistan tour India on the scheduled dates and India can come back for the return tour a little later, when they feel more comfortable."

Source
Old November 21, 2008, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

So I was wondering...Would The board of Control for Cricket in India now ask PCB to remove Javed Miandad from his post as Director General of PCB Cricket following his remarks? You never know! They can do anything !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
PCB under pressure to pick ICL players - Miandad

Javed Miandad, the former Pakistan captain and current director-general of the PCB, has said the board is under a lot of pressure from the public and the media to include ICL players in the national team. Miandad supported the move, and accused the Indian board of "bullying tactics" that have caused players to suffer.
The Indian board had banned the ICL players from playing any representative cricket in and for India, a move that was copied by most other national boards as well. "The BCCI is a very powerful body, but because of its bullying tactics, a lot of people are suffering. All the BCCI needs to do is join hands with ICL," Miandad told Daily News & Analysis, an Indian newspaper. "PCB is under a lot of pressure from the public and the media to include players like Imran Nazir, Rana Naved and Imran Farhat in the team. If there is such talent, why not utilise it? As a cricketer, I would like to see these boys in the Pakistan squad."
Another influential name in cricket, Clive Lloyd, the former West Indies captain and the chairman of ICC's cricket committee, also backed a thaw in relations between the official and unauthorised voices of the game. He hoped the IPL and ICL could co-exist, and also believed that similar leagues in West Indies would boost the game in the region.
Miandad also hoped India would tour Pakistan in January, a series that will boost the country's chances of successfully bidding for the postponed Champions Trophy later in 2009. "If they don't tour then how can we expect any other country to ever visit us?" Miandad was against holding the series at a neutral venue, and said if there were security issues, India could host it instead. "Let Pakistan tour India on the scheduled dates and India can come back for the return tour a little later, when they feel more comfortable."

Source
Old November 21, 2008, 03:53 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Tintin, it's a SCARY world of cricket we live in. I'm just speechless. ICC should cease to exist and give BCCI full control of world cricket. No need for this pretense of ICC being the world cricket governing body.
BCCI has caused so much bitterness that when then finally fall, it will be a resounding one.

Not sure whether the current economic crisis will have any impact on IPL. The shares of DLF (the title sponsor who paid 140 million for it) was Rs. 1200 in Jan 2007 and 700 in April 2007. It is now trading at 190. Most sponsors have got affected. Vijay Mallya of Bangalore Royal Challengers was a billionaire. A report yesterday says that he is now worth only 390 million.

Quote:
So I was wondering...Would The board of Control for Cricket in India now ask PCB to remove Javed Miandad from his post as Director General of PCB Cricket following his remarks? You never know! They can do anything !!!
BCCI threatened to end all relationships with the Sri Lanka board because Ranatunga said pretty much the same.

The Indian tour of Pakistan scheduled for early next year is 50-50 because of security seasons. Is this Miandad's way of hinting that 'if you cancel the tour, we'll welcome back the ICLers' ? Who knows ? There is so much politics happening these days.
Old November 21, 2008, 06:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Just lift ban on ICL. It is the best solution for world cricket may be not for BCCI. I predict within 2 years the ban will be lifted.
Old November 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I doubt if PCB will take any strong stance against BCCI.
Old November 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I doubt if PCB will take any strong stance against BCCI.
It will help if the form a alliance between Pakistan,Srilanka and Bangladesh in sub-continent , from out side sub-continent I would include New zealand. Because they have lost couple of very good players who should be in their team specially Shane Bond. Australia and South Africa have not lost any one special.
Old November 21, 2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban - Cricinfo

Javed Miandad, the former Pakistan captain and newly appointed director-general of the PCB, has joined a steadily growing chorus of concern against the ban on ICL players and the marginalisation of the unrecognised Twenty20 league. Miandad believes there is immense "public pressure" on the PCB to bring ICL players back into the Pakistan fold and "past decisions by past [PCB] administrations" have "nothing to do with the new set-up".

Read the rest here: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/paki...ry/379049.html

I guess they don't call him BAREY MIYA for nothing. He has always been outspoken and ready for a fight (thus, causing a lot of internal rift in the Pakistan cricket team). Only this time, I am in full agreement with him on the sentiment (questioning the ban).
Old November 21, 2008, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The revolution is in full flow. The BCCI is going dowwwwnnn.
Old November 21, 2008, 12:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar
Default Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban

Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban

Osman Samiuddin

November 21, 2008

Case against Yousuf put on hold

In a further indicator of a shift in the PCB's thinking on the ICL, the legal case it developed against Mohammad Yousuf, the latest Pakistan player to join the ICL, has been put on hold.

Yousuf joined the Lahore Badshahs earlier this month, without having told the PCB about his decision. The board responded by tearing up his central contract; they also initiated legal proceedings against him for breach of contract and to claim legal costs the PCB incurred while trying to resolve the earlier mess Yousuf had created by signing for the ICL before turning his back on them in the hope of an IPL contract.

"We've put the case on hold for now," a board official told Cricinfo. "The thinking is that if we pursue the case against Yousuf, then what about the other Pakistan players in the ICL who had contracts with us?"

A number of players, such as Imran Farhat, Abdul Razzaq and Mohammad Sami had central contracts with the board before they signed up for the ICL in September 2007.

Javed Miandad, the former Pakistan captain and newly appointed director-general of the PCB, has joined a steadily growing chorus of concern against the ban on ICL players and the marginalisation of the unrecognised Twenty20 league. Miandad believes there is immense "public pressure" on the PCB to bring ICL players back into the Pakistan fold and "past decisions by past [PCB] administrations" have "nothing to do with the new set-up".

The PCB banned all players contracted by the ICL but Miandad said it's a policy the new board administration must reconsider, keeping in mind the "best interests" of Pakistan cricket.

Pakistan has suffered badly from the ban on ICL players imposed by boards around the world, essentially to back the BCCI in its dispute with the league and its owners. As many as 19 Pakistan players - a mix of current and former internationals - are currently appearing in the ICL and the bans on them have severely depleted Pakistan's reserves.

"There is a lot of public pressure on the PCB to bring these players back from the ICL," Miandad told Cricinfo. "The [ICL] players themselves are ready to represent Pakistan. The IPL, the ICL and all boards need to sit down and really sort this issue out," Miandad said, joining former captains-turned-administrators Arjuna Ranatunga and Clive Lloyd in expressing the need for a resolution to the issue.

Miandad's comments do not yet indicate a wholesale change in the board's policy on the issue. The previous PCB administration, under the chairmanship of Nasim Ashraf, banned players readily, in swift appeasement of the BCCI. But it is believed the current board is open to rethinking, or at least questioning, the stance.

"Past decisions were taken by past administrations," Miandad said. "They have nothing to do with this new set-up. It is something we must look at and discuss, and find out whether that policy [of the ban] had any benefit to it. We have to look at our best interests."

Miandad placed the current bans in the context of past actions, such as the bans on players who traveled to apartheid-era South Africa. "Those bans were based on an intelligent policy. What was happening there was abhorrent. What is the intent behind this ban?"

Ultimately, this is not an issue of nations but of cricket itself, Miandad said. "Even Indian players are suffering. It isn't just Pakistan players. This is a loss for cricket and cricketers and a resolution has to be brought in, in a respectful way."

With a number of ex-cricketers now in prominent positions in the board, the matter has been discussed informally inside, though it has yet to be done so as part of an official agenda. Statements, such as those given by Miandad, might be part of a new strategy to shake up the BCCI-enforced status quo.

But Miandad's employers are keen to examine the issue pragmatically as well, which means essentially they will be guided by a number of legal considerations. "The ICL is still not recognised by the ICC but the ICC believes that if the matter goes to litigation, they are not too optimistic about the case," an official said. "It is about restraint of trade essentially. And what is happening in Sri Lanka where domestic bans have been lifted and in the UK through the Kolpak ruling, that will also have an effect. If you can have one private Twenty20 league why not two?

"We will wait and see and be guided by our legal advice for our view on the matter but these factors will play a role."

Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo

© Cricinfo
Old November 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

guys it will happen sooner than later that SN, aftab, dhiman will be bak soon and musfiq can only focus on batting
Old November 21, 2008, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpride04
guys it will happen sooner than later that SN, aftab, dhiman will be bak soon and musfiq can only focus on batting
Only SN and Alok deserve to be in the XI from that lot, IMO. Maybe Dhiman as well.
Old November 21, 2008, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Dhiman was keeping wonderfully well in the ICL. Mushfiq, if good enough, can play as a batsman.
Old November 26, 2008, 03:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
KARACHI: When just a few days after taking over as PCB’s Director General, Javed Miandad accused the Indian cricket board of using bullying tactics and declared that Pakistan is facing immense public pressure to pardon their Indian Cricket League (ICL) rebels, it seemed as if he had given the Board yet another headache with a careless outburst.

After all, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) wants to remain in the good books of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) at a time when the Indians are showing reluctance about touring Pakistan because of security apprehensions for what is an all-important series for Pakistan.

But take a closer look at Miandad’s comments and it will become apparent that the shrewd schemer has played a well-timed shot by reminding BCCI about its ICL problem.

By announcing that the PCB is under pressure to lift the ban over 18 of its cricketers who defected to the ‘rebel’ ICL, Miandad’s hidden message to the BCCI is that it is time India repaid Pakistan over their unmatched support on the ICL issue and make it sure that MS Dhoni and company visit Pakistan for what is a much-awaited series.

The ICL card is the only pressure tool that Pakistan can use to save its ‘iconic’ home series against India from getting cancelled, postponed or moved to some offshore venues.
http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=148997