facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 3, 2005, 10:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reyme
It was learnt that vice-captain Khaled Mahmud, former national captain Khaled Mahmud and two young players were vocal in the meeting. Bashar was however surprisingly submissive and only showed his interest about financial issues.

Source: http://thedailystar.net/2005/10/04/d51004040331.htm

No comment!
That is a judgement call 'learnt' through hearsay! It's not a fact. We should give him the benefit of the doubt surely.

Raj - Maybe he gets approached by a lot of people for interviews which is why he declined banglacricket.com's offer? *shrug*

Old October 3, 2005, 11:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
No profit, this is a non-profit website/organization.

I think you are missing the point what most members are making. Asking for more money is ok. but always asking for money is not ok. There is a difference between an ambitious person and a greedy person.

Sadly our favorite player has turned greedy

I think we are missing the point. If somebody doesnot do voluntery work or charity does no way means he is a bad person or a greedy person. And ne ways we all do charities at different capacities. no body in this world could ever say that they dont or havenot done charity at all. so if a person doesnot want to do a particular charity may very well piss that respective charity organisation but in no way he is greedy. Remember back in high school, or college we wanted to do functions which will be not for profit but we still had to pay for so many things to have the function ready. if ne body has provided ne service for free was due to their greatness or for any long term profit ... but that does no way mean that the ppl who did not take part in to that funtion are bad.

And just to let Mahmud know that even a non profit organisation has to pay or spend money (whatever form it is whether salary or operating cost) to keep the organisation running.
Old October 3, 2005, 11:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
Not surprised that there are some BD fans who make such cheap comments...

cheap is villanizing somebody without proper proof not by defending somebody......... and a free advice be professional b4 asking for professionalism to the players............
Old October 4, 2005, 03:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

for interview, how ocme they ask money. I thought its a national team. Are you sure? quite surprising.
Old October 4, 2005, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

bashar captaincy in short is pathetic. why should bashar be captain just because he is older than others? look at taibu, a young guy but with lots of dedication, gives everything for the team.

maybe bd should go for a young guy like abir to be the captain, or even go back to pilot. but the message should be clear....so that none can relax. also bd should have a policy of introducing 2-3 new players every series as there are lot of backup players. it will keep the players in current team "honest".
Old October 4, 2005, 09:30 AM
Club Cricketer

I am captain Bashar - I lead the worst test playing country. I want money for everything I do, because I am a professional. But I forget what is called professionalism, becuase I don't know that all the money that is coming while a country named Bangladesh playing cricket is mine and the lemons those I lead. I still want more money, thats why I stopped giving free interviews to the fans who are the only reason we are still playing cricket. I am captain Bashar.....
Old October 4, 2005, 09:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by faceoff
Asking for money is not the main issue but when u ask for it is what matters. After playing like shi* in srilanka, u r discussing money instead of making improvements is just pathetic. and fans who supports his comments are the very reason that players like bashar dare to make comments like this. I guess it takes those immautred fans to appreciate what bashar is saying !!!!

come on guyz.. have some shame... when u put that bangladesh jersey on, its not just a job anymore or how much money u make. Have some pride for ur country and play like u really care.
Perfectly mentioned.
Old October 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by mafizraju
Quote:

I think you are missing the point what most members are making. Asking for more money is ok. but always asking for money is not ok. There is a difference between an ambitious person and a greedy person.

I think we are missing the point. If somebody doesnot do voluntery work or charity does no way means he is a bad person or a greedy person. And ne ways we all do charities at different capacities. no body in this world could ever say that they dont or havenot done charity at all. so if a person doesnot want to do a particular charity may very well piss that respective charity organisation but in no way he is greedy. Remember back in high school, or college we wanted to do functions which will be not for profit but we still had to pay for so many things to have the function ready. if ne body has provided ne service for free was due to their greatness or for any long term profit ... but that does no way mean that the ppl who did not take part in to that funtion are bad.

And just to let Mahmud know that even a non profit organisation has to pay or spend money (whatever form it is whether salary or operating cost) to keep the organisation running.
I didn't give the exact detail of how he asked for the money or how we approached him. But trust me, it was not expected from him. Have faith just like you can figure out a person is greedy or not by talking to them, we can too.

By the way, let me make it clear, so far, since the birth of BanglaCricket, no one ever got paid from BanglaCricket, not even me or Tehsin. Every penny BC makes is well accounted for. Any and every BC staff has full access to the latest accounting of BC to see where money came from and where it is spent. So far the only place any money was spent is hosting/server cost.
Old October 4, 2005, 11:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't give the exact detail of how he asked for the money or how we approached him. But trust me, it was not expected from him. Have faith just like you can figure out a person is greedy or not by talking to them, we can too.

By the way, let me make it clear, so far, since the birth of BanglaCricket, no one ever got paid from BanglaCricket, not even me or Tehsin. Every penny BC makes is well accounted for. Any and every BC staff has full access to the latest accounting of BC to see where money came from and where it is spent. So far the only place any money was spent is hosting/server cost.
Don't worry Mahmood - Real BC fans are with you.
Old October 4, 2005, 12:26 PM
Banned

"I didn't give the exact detail of how he asked for the money or how we approached him. But trust me, it was not expected from him. Have faith just like you can figure out a person is greedy or not by talking to them, we can too.

By the way, let me make it clear, so far, since the birth of BanglaCricket, no one ever got paid from BanglaCricket, not even me or Tehsin. Every penny BC makes is well accounted for. Any and every BC staff has full access to the latest accounting of BC to see where money came from and where it is spent. So far the only place any money was spent is " - Mahmood Bhai

Mahmud bhai jekhane,,,,amra aacchi sekhana...Mahmud bhai aghie jao,,,amra aacchi tumar sathe...

Edited on, October 4, 2005, 5:47 PM GMT, by m35helal.
Old October 5, 2005, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Habibul Basher never came out of his immatuarity of his childhood. Great, we have a leader we can trust to lead our cricket team. But I do believe he is better leader than Sheikh Hasina or Khaleda Zia combined.
Old October 5, 2005, 12:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

never meant to imply that you are not accountable neither I tried to question ur devotion or the devotion of so many members of this site.

However its very common Bangladeshi practice of making somebody Hero and next day asking for his head if he comes short of our expectation. We tend to forget that human are fallible and heros are more so.