facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2005, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default BD test cricket - Solution for a better future

Put your thinking cap on and ride with me.

After the SL 2nd test, as some of us had to stay away from posting any message for a week to fulfill what we had declareded (if it didn't go to a forth day), I had plenty of time to ponder on how to solve all the problems the BD test team have. The main problem as many of you may agree was the batting faliure. That was caused by lack of infra structure (domestic cricket standard), players motivation and shot selections. The solution to this is:

If we look at our society (mainly big cities Dhaka, Chittagong etc), there flows a pattern where people are motivated to do things that they don't want to do. For example: Chandabaz calls up and demands 1 lakh taka or else sister/daugther will be kidnapped. What does the head of the family do, he gathers his family and collects from whomever he can and pays. Similarly, a business entity pays mastans every month royalty to open up a business in their neighborhood. The thugs are asking/demanding something that the people have no choice but to comply. As a nation, this is the only language we understand. It is "FEAR". Fear of the consequence for not acting upon the demand motivates these people.

Even Allah says fear Allah for the punishment in the hearafter, when he is trying to warn us from doing things that he doesnot want us to do.

So fear is a good motivational tool.

I see our boys like those innocent people and they are not understanding what is being asked of them. We are asking to hold on to the wicket with dear life and they are throwing it away with an irrational shot. Now BCB need to become a thug and instill fear in these boys heart. That is the only motivation they need. Fear from being dropped from the team, fear from getting fined, fear from not getting paid.

I believe we will have instant turnaround in players attitude and approch to test cricket when they are hold accountable.

Old September 30, 2005, 12:40 AM
Test Cricketer

perhaps you are right
Old September 30, 2005, 01:28 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Put your thinking cap on and ride with me.

After the SL 2nd test, as
.... .... ... ... .. ...... .. .. ..... .... .... .... .... ...
Even Allah says fear Allah for the punishment in the hearafter, when he is trying to warn us from doing things that he doesnot want us to do.

So fear is a good motivational tool.

..... ....... ....... .......... .......... .....need to become a thug and instill fear in these boys heart. That is the only motivation they need. Fear from being dropped from the team, fear from getting fined, fear from not getting paid.

I believe we will have instant turnaround in players attitude and approch to test cricket when they are hold
accountable.

why not the capital punishment ???

they will win the next world cup
Old September 30, 2005, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Fear is a weapon of oppressors, it's not a motivational tool.

It's sad to see that this kind of mentality still resides among some of us. It's far more disheartening than poor performance of our cricketers in the field.

I hope you were not being serious, only expressing your frustration.

Edited on, September 30, 2005, 7:54 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old September 30, 2005, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

when one have a gun pointed at him, he will become afraid and do whatever he is ordered to. and it is not just true for bangladeshis , it is true for everyone around the world.

but why do we need to motivate players by fear. are the players in australia motivated by fear? ofcourse not, they are motivated by something called "professionalism" as well as patriotism. it is the ability to do things well without being complacent. if we were professional , we wouldnt have let these "chadabaj" get away. our police would have done their job and our politicians should actually earn their living by hard work not by shouting empty lies in "jonoshovas".
Old September 30, 2005, 08:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I hope you were not being serious, only expressing your frustration.
100%. Should have added a line don't take it too seriously.
Old September 30, 2005, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

yes, professionalism is the word. That means, learn to know taking responsibility and working accordingly.
fear is actually not synonymous. Fear is already there in the team. I think, sometimes the batsmen give away their wickets out of fear.