facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 14, 2005, 08:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
India scared to play BANGLADESH

Why India is now afraid to host BD? Because they will lose big time. And they know it., very well. BD is strong from playing England and Australia in England. We should fight all the way with Sri Lanka. At least a draw in a test will put us in good position and a one day win against the Lankans. TiGERS need to ROAR! They know about MASH, ASH, MASUD, SUMON, NAFEES, TUSHAR..... THEY ARE PROBABLY WON"T WANT TO BE BEATEN AGAIN! I was there when BD host India in Dhaka in 2004.
We are a lot better TEAM than last time.
That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard! It's such over zealousness and complacancy which is behind the inconsistent performance of South Asian cricket teams.

Edited on, August 16, 2005, 5:30 PM GMT, by Ockey.

Old August 15, 2005, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Sorry, No word yet
Old August 15, 2005, 12:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

i have no intention to talk about dirty politricks or politics that exist in cricket here! i hope the cricketing council (and other repected cricket boards) should patronize the young test teams (BD, Kenya, Zimbawbe) to come up to speed. I have the respect for BCCI leadership but I think it is wrong to deprieve millions of cricket followers in Bangladesh by not hosting this event as promised. if they want cricket to be really a competitive sporting event; they need to force the teams to play more with countries like Australia, SL, India, England, NZ, SA, WI and Pakistan. if u still think that cricket should be played by an ecclectic few then God bless Cricket!
Old August 16, 2005, 12:00 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Now that I have finally read and comprehended every single post on this thread, I must say India being scared of BD is a ridiculous statement. Surely beating India pounded my heart with joy, and then Australia even more so there is an evident improvement in our team which I hope will continue.

Secondly, my warm welcome goes to fellow Indian, Sri Lankan and other Non-BD members.

Let's get to the point.

A lot of people already mentioned the BCCI money/corruption, sponsor and viewership issues, but if that really is really the case then shouldn't ICC enforce some sort of law/regulation that will prevent the tour scheduling from turning into a business rather than promoting the sport and keeping it fair?

Unless it is entirely up to a country's cricket board to schedule their team's tours however they wish, I think ICC should strictly allocate scheduled tours, perhaps 1 or 2 tri-nation series (like Natwest) for foremost ranked teams like AUS, ENG, IND to play developing team like BD at least once a year, home and away every alternative year. Only this way a new team like BD can improve its consistency and competitiveness.

Remember, cricket is a far more complicated and tougher game now compared to its early days when even the best of today had to struggle through humiliating defeats for years, so comparatively I think BD is starting to hold up well which we can actually be more proud of.

Old August 16, 2005, 12:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

It's good to be ambitious but be practical. We have improved but not to the level of scaring India. If we God forbid do bad with SL then these same people will kill our players. Be sensible and practical.
Old August 16, 2005, 02:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Secondly, my warm welcome goes to fellow Indian, Sri Lankan and other Non-BD members.

Let's get to the point.

A lot of people already mentioned the BCCI money/corruption, sponsor and viewership issues, but if that really is really the case then shouldn't ICC enforce some sort of law/regulation that will prevent the tour scheduling from turning into a business rather than promoting the sport and keeping it fair?

Unless it is entirely up to a country's cricket board to schedule their team's tours however they wish, I think ICC should strictly allocate scheduled tours, perhaps 1 or 2 tri-nation series (like Natwest) for foremost ranked teams like AUS, ENG, IND to play developing team like BD at least once a year, home and away every alternative year. Only this way a new team like BD can improve its consistency and competitiveness.

Remember, cricket is a far more complicated and tougher game now compared to its early days when even the best of today had to struggle through humiliating defeats for years, so comparatively I think BD is starting to hold up well which we can actually be more proud of.

I agree with you totally.

A refreshing change to see a post like this. Being a Sri Lankan, I was actually considering not visiting this site anymore, with very negative, uncivilised and inconsiderate posts by some members. [Thankfully, I see corrective action being taken by the Moderator. I salute them.] I should say that there are a lot of members here who simply focus on BD cricket and communicate very intelligently.

Yes, the ICC should take some positive steps to ensure that developing countries get a fair share of tours with strong teams. That is the only way to develop cricket.

ICC should not forget that countries like Bangladesh have other options, namely hockey and soccer in which they are extremely good. I believe that BD is world class in hockey. May be ICC figures that, in the case of Bangladesh, they have the most cricket crazy people in the world and they would never give up, whichever way they are treated.

In spite of not geting a fair share of tours, Bangladesh is developing really fast.

Bangladesh should also make the maximum use of the tours they get. For instance on the Sri Lankan tour, they should aim to win at least one ODI.

Talking of Sri Lanka, I have seen some threads here which question the safety of BD touring Sri Lanka, given the unfortunate killing of the Sri Lankan foreign minister Mr. Lakshman Kadirgamar. It was an attack aimed at one individual, standing in his own compound. It was not a public attack. The terrorists no longer attack civilians and public places due to international opinion against such attacks after 9/11. Sri Lanka is safe to visit.

Hope the BD tour to Sri Lanka would produce some great cricket.

Edited on, August 16, 2005, 8:33 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old August 17, 2005, 11:40 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Abherath,

thanks for your kind remark. I am glad to know I have relayed a constructive post. I'd be a pity if you no longer participate in this forum because majority of us welcome opinions and contributions from foreign, especially Asian cricket fans who follow BD cricket.

But you have to realise in any forum there will be a few immature people making a fool out of themselves by flaming people and spreading off-topic garbage, likewise here; unfortunately. But the moderators here work hard to maintain a peaceful environment and I am quite delighted because this is one of the most dedicated cricket fan site around.

Anyway, regarding your post, I do hope ICC has such plans to assist BD develop through the process of playing the best teams. At least one tour with each of the 5 top teams should significantly boost the team's performance and confidence.

The Sri Lanka tour is a big challange but opportunity for BD to prove its potential for improvement that we've seen the start of the year with ZIM, IND and then AUS. It will be all great!

Quote:
Originally posted by abherath
Quote:

Let's get to the point.

I agree with you totally.

A refreshing change to see a post like this. Being a Sri Lankan, I was actually considering not visiting this site anymore, with very negative, uncivilised and inconsiderate posts by some members. [Thankfully, I see corrective action being taken by the Moderator. I salute them.] I should say that there are a lot of members here who simply focus on BD cricket and communicate very intelligently.

Yes, the ICC should take some positive steps to ensure that developing countries get a fair share of tours with strong teams. That is the only way to develop cricket.

ICC should not forget that countries like Bangladesh have other options, namely hockey and soccer in which they are extremely good. I believe that BD is world class in hockey. May be ICC figures that, in the case of Bangladesh, they have the most cricket crazy people in the world and they would never give up, whichever way they are treated.

In spite of not geting a fair share of tours, Bangladesh is developing really fast.

Bangladesh should also make the maximum use of the tours they get. For instance on the Sri Lankan tour, they should aim to win at least one ODI.

Talking of Sri Lanka, I have seen some threads here which question the safety of BD touring Sri Lanka, given the unfortunate killing of the Sri Lankan foreign minister Mr. Lakshman Kadirgamar. It was an attack aimed at one individual, standing in his own compound. It was not a public attack. The terrorists no longer attack civilians and public places due to international opinion against such attacks after 9/11. Sri Lanka is safe to visit.

Hope the BD tour to Sri Lanka would produce some great cricket.

Edited on, August 16, 2005, 8:33 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old August 18, 2005, 03:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Abherath,

thanks for your kind remark. I am glad to know I have relayed a constructive post. I'd be a pity if you no longer participate in this forum because majority of us welcome opinions and contributions from foreign, especially Asian cricket fans who follow BD cricket.
I agree and I am very much here, as an active member.

This is a well managed site. There is no doubt about that.

Thank you, again.
Old October 6, 2005, 06:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Now that Bangladesh is pulling away from opportunities of playing Kenya and Zimabwe, to play domestic cricket, it is relevant to look back at this thread ! Wouldn't Bangladesh want to play India too now, for the same reason ?
Old October 6, 2005, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

This is no mature attitude thinking that I'll not do it because he did not do!

It involves mainly money that india cares. Touring BD, as they think, will not be that profitable. They have the complacency problem as well.

But if BD is not playing Kenya and Zimbabwe, I think, that will be a wrong decision, too. Don't know about the monetary issue in this case. But if BD is afraid of losing against Kenya, that will only harm Cricket. We need to prove playing aginst them that we are much better and we deserve respect. Avoiding them does nothing good to BD cricket.

Edited on, October 6, 2005, 11:39 AM GMT, by Baundule.
Old October 6, 2005, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

personally i think bd need to visit and play as much as they can, specially sending A teams or different age groups like u-19 to india, pakistan or sl will help. we need to create as many talented cricketers as possible and talent can only be identified by a players performance against stronger opposition in foreign conditions. many players play superb in league cricket but can never play well in international arena.

playing league and domestic fixtures is ok. but our cricket calender should always be kept busy with visits to india/pakistan. a player may miss 3-4 games for his club but the exposure he will get from international cricket will help him a lot more.
Old October 6, 2005, 08:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

[edit]

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 1:27 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.content
Old October 6, 2005, 08:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Padosan
Sleeping_giant. please refer to this post of mine in the International cricket section

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon....php?tid=13470

IAs per your population to cricket argument.. I guess Srilanka's population is way below what bangladesh is .. what is their cricket superiority ??

Its better if we all think with our minds than our heart. !!!

take care and Cheers !!!!

your Padosan
Sri Lanka

Total Area 25,332.16 sq mi
65,610.00 sq km
(slightly larger than West Virginia)

Population 19,408,635 (July 2001 est.)

Estimated Population in 2050 23,085,782
Languages Sinhala (official and national language) 74%, Tamil (national language) 18%, other 8%
note: English is commonly used in government and is spoken competently by about 10% of the population
Literacy 90.2% total, 93.4% male, 87.2% female (1995 est.)
Religions Buddhist 70%, Hindu 15%, Christian 8%, Muslim 7% (1999)
Life Expectancy 69.58 male, 74.73 female (2001 est.)
Government Type republic
Currency 1 Sri Lankan rupee (SLRe) = 100 cents
GDP (per capita) $3,250 (2000 est.)
Old October 6, 2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

[edit]

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 1:28 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.content
Old October 7, 2005, 12:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BonBon
[edit]
BD or non-BD, we have the right to express what we feel, just as you do. That is what is great about this site.

I will feel free to express my opinion as a non-Bangladeshi and it has been appreciated here and that is not creating divisions. I will decide how I express myself, but of course will respect the rules and do it in a civilised manner.

There will be no more responses from me to you on this matter anyway, as I think it would be a waste of resources of Banglacricket.

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 5:17 AM GMT, by abherath.

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 1:30 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.quote
Old October 7, 2005, 12:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Quote:
Originally posted by abherath
Quote:
Originally posted by BonBon
[edit]
BD or non-BD, we have the right to express what we feel, just as you do. That is what is great about this site.

I will feel free to express my opinion as a non-Bangladeshi and it has been appreciated here and that is not creating divisions. I will decide how I express myself, but of course will respect the rules and do it in a civilised manner.

There will be no more responses from me to you on this matter anyway, as I think it would be a waste of resources of Banglacricket.

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 5:17 AM GMT, by abherath.

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 1:30 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.quote
What I meant is that we chat and we mix without the prejudice of our nations. I didnt mean there would be any privilege as BD or non BD.

To Mister Chinaman: May be you didnt like my 1st point about abherath and hatebreed, so I dont mind if you edit that.

Why would you edit my second humorous comment on the effect of Bangladesh beating other cricket teams? Where on your bluebook you have any regulations on healthy humor?

May be its time for me to spend no more time and may be its time for banglacricket to hire many more moderators. May be we need occasional spells of 'apnar giggasha' or 'herar alo' in this forum. Because I am getting tired of moderators either abusing their power or enforcing ridiculous rules.

In any case, good bye abherath and hatebreed. I am outta here. Keep on having it your way.