facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2014, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

He is just an idiot. Never learn.

When SL finding really difficult to play spin he brings faster bowler. Its happen before.
He knows he is not good last over bowler but still he keep bowling at the end.
Even 10 years old kids know how to get him out just bowl him straight he will miss soon or later and he will be out.

How difficult to correct this small things?

Old February 14, 2014, 10:12 AM
MLC World Series I

Bottom line is, we are having this discussion because we lost. Had we won, we wouldn't be talking about not giving the overs to Shakib/Sunny. We wouldn't be discussing about the 20 runs Rubel gave away in two overs. We wouldn't be talking about the crucial Shakib misfield.

I think Mashrafe did an okay job. But I agree with Naimul about at least having a go with one of the spinners for one over. But who knows what that would have yielded? And idk if people were watching the match, but did you have a look at the dew?

Thing is, they're the ones playing. They're the ones on the field. If we were better than them, we would be on that field instead of criticizing from a keyboard.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:13 AM
Cricket Sage

What was the overall game plan? Three very good spinners in team. The plan should be to utilize full quota of Sakib and Arafat. You win the toss what you should do? Bat or bowl?

Its not that we are playing in unknown condition. dew factor should be a well known information to our captain and should have been part of his game plan strategy i.e. strategy should adjust to the fact that most likely there will be dew factor when bowling last.

I don't see any merit on selecting Arafat and not using him his full quota in both T20s specuilly the what he bowled.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:15 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
Bottom line is, we are having this discussion because we lost. Had we won, we wouldn't be talking about not giving the overs to Shakib/Sunny. We wouldn't be discussing about the 20 runs Rubel gave away in two overs. We wouldn't be talking about the crucial Shakib misfield.

I think Mashrafe did an okay job. But I agree with Naimul about at least having a go with one of the spinners for one over. But who knows what that would have yielded? And idk if people were watching the match, but did you have a look at the dew?

Thing is, they're the ones playing. They're the ones on the field. If we were better than them, we would be on that field instead of criticizing from a keyboard.
Thank You
Old February 14, 2014, 10:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
Yes it may sound unfair but it's the way it is. You win you can get away with a murder. But you lose (regardless how close it is), all mistakes will be over analysed.

When you take risks, it can pay off big time. On the other hand, it can also bite you back big time. Mashrafee took some risks, and even with some good result the team lost, so it's very rational he would be questioned.

The words "bravery" and "stupidiy" may sounds very different. But in reality they are very close when you apply "unconventional" tactics. The final end result can easily make a brave man stupid and a stupid man brave.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Cool down guys. I know this is a heartbreaking time. Two thrillers in 3 days are too much to digest.

Like everyone I was also furious about the way Mash handled the situation. But now I think we were not just the better team to win yet.

Given that Shakib is your best bowler in this 11, I would have always gone with him, if there was due, if there was no due I would, if with some extra pace yet I would have with Shakib. But the problem is Rubel just returned Sanga and it was due playing a part.

Moreover Parera is lethal against spinners and cosidering that there was at least 2 points why Reza was the option, but then again Reza is not your best option either, he is not tested at this level. I am finding it as a 'pradox'.

In fact the bottom line is: we fought, but more than that is we were simply not good enough to pass the last hurdle. We batted poorly and we didn't have any partnership. restricting any team within 120 is tough in 20 overs. We were simply aweful with the bat.

In our home soil it is expected that we score a decent total. But we failed. The game was lost by the time our batting was ended. We just tried to do some damage control in the end. Full stop.

So keep your hope up. It's better to lose now rather than losing at the WT20 and in Asia Cup.

Something better is waiting just in the corner. Prepare!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 14, 2014, 10:28 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Shakib is the best option in any situation for our team. He is the best bowler in any format by miles. He is the calmest head in any situation by miles. He is the most experienced t20 bowler we have. He is the only one good enough to be on par with IPL stars. Dew or no dew... I would bank on Shakib over Reza any day of the week month year. Had Shakib lost us the game i would not have felt this bad knowing we tried with our best player on the pitch.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What was the overall game plan? Three very good spinners in team. The plan should be to utilize full quota of Sakib and Arafat. You win the toss what you should do? Bat or bowl?

Its not that we are playing in unknown condition. dew factor should be a well known information to our captain and should have been part of his game plan strategy i.e. strategy should adjust to the fact that most likely there will be dew factor when bowling last.

I don't see any merit on selecting Arafat and not using him his full quota in both T20s specuilly the what he bowled.
You can't always go with a set plan. It changes according to match situations very quickly. I think Mash almost pulled it off today. But he could have bowled Sunny+Shakib for 2 more overs in the middle. I think the spinners felt uncomfortable with the dew. I believe Mash obviously discussed that during the meetings between the overs with Shakib and others.

You don't want to give the last over to a spinner. Its easier to get underneath the ball and hit it out of the park. The pacers can spear in the yorkers and makes it harder. The spinners like Jadeja and Samuels darts in the ball too but I guess it was not possible with the dew.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Guys, I was at the stadium at this was everyone's opinion:

Mashrafee did quite well with his bowling rotation in the first 10 overs. It was good to finish his quota quickly, and letting Riad bowl without any break. However, everyone was whining about giving Shakib 2 overs in the last 5 overs. Instead, Mashrafee continued with his battery of fast bowlers which sort of seemed to pull of. Lose or Win, I think it was a pretty poor idea to not give your BEST T20 bowler finish his quota. Yes, the dew was on but if Riad could bowl 4 overs straight then what mistake did shakib do? Shakib has far more experience than any other bowler in this format and to add, he is calm under pressure and countless times he has given us crucial breakthroughs.

As for Farhad, he will always remain a mediocre bowler but I think he did ok in the 2 overs he bowled. Let me tell you guys, Shakib was really keen to come over and bowl during 17/18th over but at the end he was told to give the ball to Rubella.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:39 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

you don't want to give your BEST T-20 bowler the ball for the last over thats fine... but why not finish his quota so that rubel has an extra over to bowl the last over
Old February 14, 2014, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Still a better captain than Mushy.....
Loved his aggression. Just hoped he squeezed at least an over each from the SLAs in the middle. But than again, he came in and got the wicket. His captaincy in the end was great. He is not the best death over, Rubel (remember West Indies?) so it had to be Reza. 6 yorkers=6-7 runs... and it was heading that direction... just messed up on the last delivery.
Better captain than Mushy? You can't be serious. And I fully concede that Mushy is highly flawed, but he's screwed up greatly in both games when it comes to captaincy.
If Shak had any part to play in this travesty, that doesn't make it less stupid.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
You can't always go with a set plan. It changes according to match situations very quickly.
I disagree a bit. Strategic plan are made in advance. Tactical plans are adjusted as the game goes on. You cannot change startegic plan on the field.

Lets follow some steps here:

1. You select a team taking consideration on: a) opponent and b) pitch and environment , c) available resource, etc
2. You startegize based on team strength and opponent's weakness.

What we knew before the game:

a) Dew is a known factor and
b) Arafat was taken solely as a spinner.

But what happened then?

a) We win toss and select to bat ignoring dew factor in 2nd T20
b) Arafat bowled excellently and still he was not used properly or fully in both T20
c) We lost both games.

SO its clear to me that we made some strategic wrong decision or strtegic plan ignored on the field.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Mashrafee fan boys are not getting the fact that we are upset over the last over dilemma.

We were unhappy about the fact that we were left to defend 121 and our best bowler bowled JUST 2 OVERS! And what were his figures in the first 2 overs? 2-0-8-1 Even if he had bowled poorly, you need to bowl out your best bowler. Even sunny had an extra over left
Old February 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

He didn't bowl out Sunny last time despite his great figures, this time he didn't bowl him out - AGAIN. If people can't see why this is stupid as hell and are coming forth to defend him, I don't know what to even say anymore.
Old February 14, 2014, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Spinners (Sakib, Riyad, Arafat, nasir) bowled :
10 overs, gave 43 runs and got 3 wickets. Econ: 4.3

Spinners without nasir
8 overs, gave 32 runs and got 3 wickets. Econ: 4

Fast Bowlers (mashrafee, Rubel, Farhad) bowled:
10 overs, gave 79 runs and got 3 wickets, Econ 7.9

And we were defending 120 and we still had unused 4 overs from Sakib and Arafat. Fqast bowlers were giving almost doube the run than our top three spinners.

I rest my case.
Old February 14, 2014, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Spinners without nasir

And we were defending 120 and we still had unused 4 overs from Sakib and Arafat. Fqast bowlers were giving almost doube the run than our top three spinners.

I rest my case.
Clean Bowled
Old February 14, 2014, 11:52 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
He didn't bowl out Sunny last time despite his great figures, this time he didn't bowl him out - AGAIN. If people can't see why this is stupid as hell and are coming forth to defend him, I don't know what to even say anymore.
there is really nothing to say. As Navo said in another thread our home condions seem like foreign conditions to our think tank. At the toss Mash said Bat first because no dew factor and then in the end farhad has to bowl the deciding over because of dew.

We are a good limited overs team in our own conditions but umpires, screwed up captaincy, team selection, misreading conditions are playing a huge role in losing close games.

I would have played Mominul ahead of Farhad just to get him ready for WC. If not mominul even the poor kid mithun could have been given another opportunity.
Old February 14, 2014, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Didnt he knew that dews will play a vital role in this game? All these days they have been saying that they are better at chasing. Then Why did he decide to bat after winning the toss?

No matter what the excuse maybe, you just dont under utilize your best bowler. That was hard to endure.
Old February 14, 2014, 12:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Yeah, blame Mash. The man who almost won us a match with some out of the box captaincy which should have been all over by the 15th over. Got us two vital wickets to keep us in the game. He didnt bowl the spinners because of the dew. He also consulted all the "senior" players regularly.

What has Shakib Miah done? All too pleased with T10 cameos?
Couldn't agree more. Loved the way Mash tried his best to defend a mere 120. Honestly I thought SL would take the game in 16/17 overs of batting. If something to blame, blame our batting.
Old February 14, 2014, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Didnt he knew that dews will play a vital role in this game? All these days they have been saying that they are better at chasing. Then Why did he decide to bat after winning the toss?

No matter what the excuse maybe, you just dont under utilize your best bowler. That was hard to endure.
I think batting first was the correct decision given that when we bowl first we give away too many runs which eventually becomes out of reach for the batsman.

And to be honest, even despite the due, it was criminal to under-use your better bowlers. Can't remember Reza bowling under similar circumstances even in BPL.
Old February 14, 2014, 12:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

Mashrafi is a dumb captain. What a lame excuse that it was impossible for spinners to grip the ball. Shakib was better option than Feza any day. Both economical bowler was not even given the ball to finish their quota. This dumb guy should be kick out from the team.
Old February 14, 2014, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I disagree a bit. Strategic plan are made in advance. Tactical plans are adjusted as the game goes on. You cannot change startegic plan on the field.

Lets follow some steps here:

1. You select a team taking consideration on: a) opponent and b) pitch and environment , c) available resource, etc
2. You startegize based on team strength and opponent's weakness.

What we knew before the game:

a) Dew is a known factor and
b) Arafat was taken solely as a spinner.

But what happened then?

a) We win toss and select to bat ignoring dew factor in 2nd T20
b) Arafat bowled excellently and still he was not used properly or fully in both T20
c) We lost both games.

SO its clear to me that we made some strategic wrong decision or strtegic plan ignored on the field.
Actually we got caught, as a team, as a supporter. In the 1st T20 there was not much dew on the ground, even commentators said so. And so Mash was trapped when he found due was there today and was clueless. So he made some decisions some of them went wrong.

I think if I was the captain I would have gone for Shakib, in the penultimate over at least.

Irony is that no one is saying that we batted very poorly, it wasn't a bad track to bat on, at all. 120 is nothing of a score. I thought we were to handed a thrushing, but strangely we fought hard.

Let's focus on for ODIs. We cannot change what happened today. As I said- something better is coming guys. Keep your hope. It's the best thing in the world.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 14, 2014, 12:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

Spinners without nasir

I rest my case.
You alll Mashy boy fans don't come with excuse of his bowling rotation. Look at the facts it was because of Mashrafi's lame decision to not to give bowling to Shakib/ Sunny we lost the match.
Old February 14, 2014, 12:51 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by t20lover
Mashrafi is a dumb captain. What a lame excuse that it was impossible for spinners to grip the ball. Shakib was better option than Feza any day. Both economical bowler was not even given the ball to finish their quota. This dumb guy should be kick out from the team.
As a bowler he was successful and still the best fast bowler bd has ever produced. No need to kick him out because of his captaincy
Old February 14, 2014, 12:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Trust me Mushfique will give us ODI series win against Lanka. Although he makes mistake but still a lot better than any other captain of Bangladesh.