facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2011, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Gayle few days ago just demolish some aussie bowlers...8 sixes or so...our spinners really have to work hard i doubt pacers will have any chance unless they bowl using their head

Old January 27, 2011, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Gayle re out korte parlei hobe. Porer gula emnitei out hoye jabe. Chandu is like Raqibul. So no worries.

Sarwan won't get a game.
Old January 27, 2011, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Gayle re out korte parlei hobe. Porer gula emnitei out hoye jabe. Chandu is like Raqibul. So no worries.

Sarwan won't get a game.
I was thinking like that before but its not that simple. They have some good batsmen. And Chanders is waaaay better then Rock. Even though I'm a fan of Rock there is no comparison. His avg in 2010 was 44 even though his SR was a 70. Hes not the fastest scorer but provides a lot of stability. Rock this year on theother hand hasn't provided much stability. You look at all their batsmen's SRs and its definitely a worry. If any of them gets going they can post some very good totals.
Old January 27, 2011, 02:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Chandu is like Raqibul. So no worries.
shing macher sathe puti macher tulona korle sopno sopnoi theke jabe.

im more worried about our late order batting in the pp than WI weakness.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 27, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I was thinking like that before but its not that simple. They have some good batsmen. And Chanders is waaaay better then Rock. Even though I'm a fan of Rock there is no comparison. His avg in 2010 was 44 even though his SR was a 70. Hes not the fastest scorer but provides a lot of stability. Rock this year on theother hand hasn't provided much stability. You look at all their batsmen's SRs and its definitely a worry. If any of them gets going they can post some very good totals.
I think you are right. But then again you never know. All this time they have been playing in different condition. They played well in SL in Tests but these pitches were like Dhaka-CTG highway. There was nothing for spinners or pace bowlers.

They mostly depend on Gayle. We've seen this in SL and in other games as well. Once Gayle is out, they are in trouble.

Saying all this, I think we will lose this game along with other three games against Top 8 teams.
Old January 27, 2011, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
shing macher sathe puti macher tulona korle sopno sopnoi theke jabe.

im more worried about our late order batting in the pp than WI weakness.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Shhhhh.. erokom bole na Nadim. Raqibul shunle raag korbo
Old January 27, 2011, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
I think you are right. But then again you never know. All this time they have been playing in different condition. They played well in SL in Tests but these pitches were like Dhaka-CTG highway. There was nothing for spinners or pace bowlers.

They mostly depend on Gayle. We've seen this in SL and in other games as well. Once Gayle is out, they are in trouble.

Saying all this, I think we will lose this game along with other three games against Top 8 teams.
Well they play SL in ODIs so we'll see how they do but Chanders scores pretty consistently and provides a quality anchor for them. Even if Gayle gets out, they have some batsmen that can really score big and quick. This game and the others are very very tough and oour players are going to have to perform up to their abilities and then some in order to have a chance to go through.
Old January 27, 2011, 06:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Hold on folks. WI has good batting lineup, however only Gayle, Darren Bravo and Pollard is in form currently. If we can take Gayle and Bravo out early, we can limit them less than 200. I wish to refer you all to 1st match Zim vs. WI game in WI in 2010. Zimbabwe had comfortable win against WI with Gayle, Chander, Sarwan, Bravo, Pollard and Barath in it. They have not played in Mirpur, BD has to take full advantage of the pitch, exploit their weakness for spin, Inshallah we will win.

Last edited by ahms; January 28, 2011 at 04:31 AM..
Old January 27, 2011, 07:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

WI will beat SA,IRE,NED,BD. I hope my feeling will turn out to be wrong Inshallah.
Old January 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
Hold on folks. WI has good batting lineup, however only Gayle, Darren Bravo and Pollard is in form currently. If we can take Gayle and Bravo out early, we can limit them less than 200. I wish to refer you all to 1st match Zim vs. WI game in WI in 2010. Zimbabwe had comfortable win against WI with Gayle, Chander, Sarwan, Bravo, Pollard and Barath in it. They have not played in Mirpur, BD has to take full advantage of the pitch, exploit their weakness for spin, Inshallah we will win.
good points...
Old January 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
Cricket Sage

We should not put too much emphasis on just one match. If you ask me I would say the matches against Ireland and NED are our most important games. We have to win those 2 games for sure to have a realistic chance of going into the 2nd round.

WI batiing line is mad strong. Remember during the T20 world cup Rasel got rid of chris gayle right at the beginning and that set the tone for the rest of the match. If gayle gets going WI can easily put up 100-120 during the PP overs. Not to mention Pollard. He can close his eyes and hit Riyad/Nayem/Shuvo for boundary after boundary.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 29, 2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
If gayle gets going WI can easily put up 100-120 during the PP overs. Not to mention Pollard. He can close his eyes and hit Riyad/Nayem/Shuvo for boundary after boundary.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
So do we have our Tamim and RXB - they can take away any match from the opponent in their given day
Old January 29, 2011, 02:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
So do we have our Tamim and RXB - they can take away any match from the opponent in their given day
Sure they can ...
Old January 29, 2011, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

who's rxb?rok?
Old January 31, 2011, 05:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

WI looks stronger than NZ. Specially their batting line-up. Barath 113, Saran 75, Bravo run out, 245/5 in 50 overs. Not bad at all.
Old January 31, 2011, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Watch out for Adrain Barath. This is a stronger WI squad that BD beat in the WI in 2009.
They have a new coach who was coachig the English side. They will be agile and not so lazy in the field.
Old January 31, 2011, 07:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Someone just said, WI is the weakest link, well I have my doubts. With the batting lineup of Gayle, Barath, Sawran and Chaunderpaul and bowling lineup of Bravo, Sammy and Pollard - it might be that we are the weakest link.

I would rather target England - they are suffering from fatigue after playing so many matches Ashes, then T20, then ODI - some players played pretty much all 3 forms in the last couple of months or so (like Pieterson, Collinwood & Bell), injuries are starting to affect them too (Shazad, possible Broad is still injured), inform players are not performing well either (Morgan, Pieterson, Wright). Only outstanding players in their team are Trott & Woakes, possibly Prior. Pieterson today issued a statement saying England schedule running up to the world cup is 'ridiculous'.

Therefore target England.

Last edited by Roni_uk; January 31, 2011 at 07:56 AM..
Old January 31, 2011, 08:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

only fools see one game more important than another in a tournament like Worldcup. Thats just minnow mentality suits ok for Netherland or Ireland. We should go into every match to win. Anything else is just unacceptable.
Old January 31, 2011, 08:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Someone just said, WI is the weakest link, well I have my doubts. With the batting lineup of Gayle, Barath, Sawran and Chaunderpaul and bowling lineup of Bravo, Sammy and Pollard - it might be that we are the weakest link. [/B]
Amongst our opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I would rather target England - they are suffering from fatigue after playing so many matches Ashes, then T20, then ODI - some players played pretty much all 3 forms in the last couple of months or so (like Pieterson, Collinwood & Bell), injuries are starting to affect them too (Shazad, possible Broad is still injured), inform players are not performing well either (Morgan, Pieterson, Wright). Only outstanding players in their team are Trott & Woakes, possibly Prior. Pieterson today issued a statement saying England schedule running up to the world cup is 'ridiculous'.

Therefore target England.
Highly unlikely that a pro team will come with fatigue in WC. Then Eng/Aus/Ind/SA/Pak/NZ all of them are supposed to be fatigued. That leaves WI/SL/BD/Zim relatively fresh and WI being in our group, should be our most important match.

That fatigue issue, gives a good chance for us to win the WC.
Old January 31, 2011, 08:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

westIndies will be beaten
Old January 31, 2011, 08:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

It is obvious that WI as good as SL. BD should take them as one of the tougher opponents. They have depth in batting. Wickets in regular interval are needed, if there is chance to restrict WI below 200.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

With gayle, barath, sarwan and chanderpaul, this WI squad is formidable!!! But, their weakest link is their bowling, so hopefully we will be able to win by exploiting it!
Old January 31, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Agree...the way they batted against top class SL spinners...WI batting line up looks sound and obvisouly our spinners have to do their best to stop them...it will be a really tough fight
Old January 31, 2011, 11:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

As someone said earlier, rightfully, we need to target all teams instead of one team, starting with India. We have potential to beat all of them or none; hence we must try hard to win all.
Old January 31, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Although everyone says west indies... Weak link and what not, remember, we have never beaten their full strength team.