facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old October 28, 2006, 09:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Current Political Chaos in Bangladesh, Your thoughts

I am really speechless and very much worried about current situation in Bangladesh. I was watching on TV, destrcution and fire everywhere. AL seems to be gaining the control through more destruction and brining more misery to people. People had to walk for miles after returning from Eid vacation.

Already 10 people died all of whom are either from 4 party alliance (BNP- Jamaat) or govt. employee. I had to watch on NTV how a people was beaten to death by AL activist with Logi and Boitha. I am having terrible headache after watching that scene.

What's happening!!! Where we are heading!!!

These bloody politicians are ruining our country. They can't even wait for the election.

It seems K M hasan declined, its may be better for the country as it may quench some outrage.

Where we are? What to do now??

Old October 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

The situation in Dhaka is the lead story on BBC.......

Part of the problem is that activists of both parties will find justifications on why beating to death opponents is a perfectly acceptable thing.

Also, everyoen i have spoken to from relatives to shopkeepers to common riksha men seem to be against political violence. So who are these minority who are causing so much chaos?
Old October 28, 2006, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

ei matro deklam...........ekta lok (jamaat kormi most probably) e just pitai mere felse.....just latti kil gushi kisui baki rakay nai.......even jokhon shay mati te dead obostai pore ase......Public tar body upor hattese.....lafaitese......

amra kon desh e baash kori......ei ki obosta......chinta korar bair e....
Old October 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Watched the news report, I'm totally disgusted. Even the police ended up with their backs against the wall getting showered with with bricks and stones. There is no law & order in this country, after 5 years of strikes, riots and violence if this is how AL wants to come in power, may Allah never let that happen. I agree with that person who keeps saying we need an honest, fair dictator.. otherwise I don't see any other hope left for this country.
Old October 28, 2006, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Some powerful country needs to do something here. i think if usa sends a warning saying we will send in troops then this idiots may stop.

on a serious note, the report of that man getting beat up and killed, is it shown on atn bangla as well.
Old October 28, 2006, 11:36 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Some powerful country needs to do something here. i think if usa sends a warning saying we will send in troops then this idiots may stop.

on a serious note, the report of that man getting beat up and killed, is it shown on atn bangla as well.
USA wouldn't make that mistake. They're already short of troops in their existing conflicts.. BD would become more violent than ever in an event of foreign military intervention. Instead they can threat to impose sanctions. No money = no hangama for corrupt policians.
Old October 28, 2006, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

bangladesh may become viloent. the afgahnistan war was not unpopular. and usa were succesful to some extent. but the iraq war was a bad idea. wats happening in iraq is also affecting afganistan. there are increase in violence. so sending troops in bd will be a bad idea. but some one has to do something.
Old October 28, 2006, 01:11 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
bangladesh may become viloent. the afgahnistan war was not unpopular. and usa were succesful to some extent. but the iraq war was a bad idea. wats happening in iraq is also affecting afganistan. there are increase in violence. so sending troops in bd will be a bad idea. but some one has to do something.
I was watching the news and seeing an unarmed man get beaten to death by a dozen people brought tears to my eyes. It doesn't matter what party he supported, human life is human. You and I can't even imagine the horrific situation in BD from the safety of our distance. For the time being, if the violence continues to escalate I can only hope our own army will do something, should the President make that decision. Ultimately if there is anything anyone can do is the the voter - the main source of these parties' political power, only they can decide what to do with the fate of this nation and their future.
Old October 28, 2006, 01:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

AL may think that they have won as KM Hasan is not taking the charge but the way they reacted over the last 48 hours will create some big impact in the mind of the silent majority. I am pretty sure no conscious citizen will support their act.

May Allah help Bangladesh in restoring peace and order.
Old October 28, 2006, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasifkhan
ei matro deklam...........ekta lok (jamaat kormi most probably) e just pitai mere felse.....just latti kil gushi kisui baki rakay nai.......even jokhon shay mati te dead obostai pore ase......Public tar body upor hattese.....lafaitese......

amra kon desh e baash kori......ei ki obosta......chinta korar bair e....
I think you are talking about the following incident where Jamat and AL were fighting with each other where 3 people died. Looks like it was a tit for tat, where at the end nobody was winner, death in both side.

Quote:
AL, Jamaat fierce battle at Paltan: 3 killed

Star Report

A fierce battle is going on now at Paltan between the activists of AL and Jamaat which left at least three killed.

The Jamaat activists used firearms to kill one AL supporter who was bullet-hit in the head. AL workers retaliated by capturing two Jamaat men and beating them to death.

Both sides are now openly using firearm.
Old October 28, 2006, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

All this violence even before KM hasan aggreeing to take power, is totally unjustifiable. When will our politicians mature? Things won't change as long as we accept their represensible behavior and vote for them...
Old October 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
When will our politicians mature? Things won't change as long as we accept their represensible behavior and vote for them...
Thats a very good question. To me, if you pick the current situation of politicians or the judicial systems and judge them where they are, its tells you more than only about them. It basically tells you the current situation of our society. Because they are just the antenna of the whole society. Actually with our current situation about these corrupted politicians, I have a strong feeling our whole society is close to bankrupt, the cancer (the corruption, the lack of basic value) have spread everywhere in our society.

A small example: We claim people (including BC) are against violence. Which is very good to know. But on the other hand (out of frustration may be), some of us want violent resolution against the Politicians or support police brutality if against politician leaders. I hope we see the contradiction here. We don't follow what we expect others to follow.

However I like your last comment:
"Things won't change as long as we accept their reprehensible behavior and vote for them."

In top of that I would like to say we need to see our own face in the mirror and ask honestly some of these questions:
" Am I following what I am preaching?"
"Do I follow the same standard of expectation to both: the people that I like as well as the people that I don't like"
"Am I willing to speak out when I see wrong, whether its some stranger or its one of my own?"
"Regardless which party I like, win or loose, am I ready to gracefully except the winner based on public vote?"

If some how by a magic, we could vanish all the high rank politicians, I don't think we will solve any problem. I think the problem is beyond that, unless the society changes, nothing will change. On the other hand if society chances, every thing will have a rippling effect, including politics. What I am saying the society is not as helpless as some of us claim, they can still make changes, but it requires individual sacrifiec and asking ourself hard questions: do we really want to make the change?
Old October 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

There was some hadith that if women come to power in a country, that country has no future. In our case the hadith works for both sex I guess.
Old October 28, 2006, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

This is the perfect time for a military coup. I am hoping fervently that tanks would come rolling in and create a second Tiannamen square style massacre on these bastards.
Old October 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
Cricket Sage

In that case we need a Hizra to lead the country I guess.
Old October 28, 2006, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
In top of that I would like to say we need to see our own face in the mirror and ask honestly some of these questions:
"Do I follow the same standard of expectation to both: the people that I like as well as the people that I don't like"
"Am I willing to speak out when I see wrong, whether its some stranger or its one of my own?"
"Regardless which party I like, win or loose, am I ready to gracefully except the winner based on public vote?"

If some how by a magic, we could vanish all the high rank politicians, I don't think we will solve any problem. I think the problem is beyond that, unless the society changes, nothing will change. On the other hand if society chances, every thing will have a rippling effect, including politics. What I am saying the society is not as helpless as some of us claim, they can still make changes, but it requires individual sacrifiec and asking ourself hard questions: do we really want to make the change?
Problem really is the fact that when it comes to running the country, everyone wants to have a say, but when it comes to take responsibilities for your action, everyone backs down and points the finger of blame at one another. Thats how it all starts.
Old October 28, 2006, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
In that case we need a Hizra to lead the country I guess.
That is so unconstitutional.

And speaking of dictators, what you guys need is me. Just look at my nic and pic. In 3 years desh shida hoya jabe. And yeah, there will be a holocaust too but with politicians as there is no jews around.
Old October 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Thats a very good question. To me, if you pick the current situation of politicians or the judicial systems and judge them where they are, its tells you more than only about them. It basically tells you the current situation of our society. Because they are just the antenna of the whole society. Actually with our current situation about these corrupted politicians, I have a strong feeling our whole society is close to bankrupt, the cancer (the corruption, the lack of basic value) have spread everywhere in our society.

A small example: We claim people (including BC) are against violence. Which is very good to know. But on the other hand (out of frustration may be), some of us want violent resolution against the Politicians or support police brutality if against politician leaders. I hope we see the contradiction here. We don't follow what we expect others to follow.

However I like your last comment:
"Things won't change as long as we accept their reprehensible behavior and vote for them."

.....absolutely perfect........you put all my words...those were stuck somewhere in my mind.
Old October 28, 2006, 05:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Feeling so bad to read that 12 people are already dead for nothing........
And 5 in dhaka........
http://www.prothom-alo.org/index.new...php?nid=MTIwMA==
Old October 28, 2006, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

nirbak dorshok
Old October 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

This is disgusting. I don't have to make any comment here. We are loosing every hope of becoming a good nation. AL showed how corrupted and morally degraded they are and on the other hand BNP did not go less far. This two teams are just killing the nation.

There is no pont of killing people, destroying our country's resource. I saw the roads were messy, trees were uprooted. It is a total mess. I don't know what to say. Don't know why our people are so much addicted to destruction. Seems we are not civilized or cultured people. Shame!!!!!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 28, 2006, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

The take over by Military seems surfacing stronger...........read the BBC Article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6093972.stm

"The law gives President Iazuddin Ahmed 15 days - up to 11 November - in which to form the caretaker government.

As is often the case when there is political strife or deadlock, some analysts are raising the possibility of a military takeover.

"In such a violent situation armed forces may be compelled to take over power temporarily to save the country from destruction," retired Maj-Gen Syed Muhammad Ibrahim, told Reuters news agency.

Others fear the military may ''take over'' under a different guise - the president would remain nominally in charge, with the army deployed to ''stabilise'' the country."

Last edited by Duck; October 28, 2006 at 11:29 PM..
Old October 28, 2006, 11:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

bangladeshi ra ki manush naki janwaar?

man...it makes you really appreciate that i live here and not over there.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 28, 2006, 11:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Have anyone of you clue about this book? Seems it has all our notorious politicians..
http://www.thedailystar.net/supplime...oons/index.htm

Last edited by Duck; October 28, 2006 at 11:39 PM..
Old October 29, 2006, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
the president would remain nominally in charge, with the army deployed to ''stabilise'' the country."
We might need army to be deployed based on what is going on in the country, police alone cannot handle the situation. But the president should be in charge, we do not need another military rule, that would be disastrous. Democracy needs to prevail..
Closed Thread