facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old November 30, 2006, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
BBgun, people in this board are mostly dumb (that includes me). Keep on writing your intelligent and evidence-supported posts. Even if people do not get it now, in a hundred years people will be evolved enough to understand your logic (I hope). Until that time you will have to defy contemporary common-sense and write your BS (Bright Summaries).
hey dude, y dont u just point out the part that u don understand and i am sure BBgun will definately try to explain you once more. pls try using logic to state ur point and do not insult him personally in a sarcastic manner.

Old November 30, 2006, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I was talking about Elected governements not autocrats. And to answer your question about BNP's first term NO they did not have large scale corruption back then. It was during the BAL rule from 96 that Maastani started, corruption reached a higher level and then BNP came and beat BAL in corruption this term but still no matter what no one can beat BAL when it comes to violence and lawlessness. Moreover If you think BNP was involved in large scale corruption in its first term I would love to hear about them, maybe I might learn something you know which I dont knwo about.

Moreover, I am a BAL hater for a reason. I was not born hating the BAL party. I saw their misrule and formed an opinion based on that. It's not something my "khalamma" brain washed into me.
Listen man, "Mastani" existed since ever. How do u know BNP is less corrupted than AL? I for one can state with confidence that Joy doesnt own even half the property as his counterpart Tareq Zia. Wanna disagree? u do that and i will be sure that i am talking to someone who has been seriously brainwashed.

In its first term Tariq Zia Was involved in Car business. after importing cars in large scale by zia the Government suddenly announced A large tax hike on exported cars. there u go, i give u one example where the PM's son was direcly involved not some party member. Pls pls pls.... now u give me examples in which Joy or for that matter Sheikh hasina's own family was involved in corruption during its tenure.

If u wanna know more abt their family corruption. Pls visit the House of Late chocklate Apa. Or Sayeed iskandars house in Baridhara. Wat was their sourse of this enormous wealth. Plus tell me the sourse of money for Dandy dyeing? Anyone pls?
O and did i forgot to mention abt the Optical fibre corruption which we were suposed to get it for free? U tell me y PM denied the gift? it was suppose to be due to national security er..right?
Old November 30, 2006, 11:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitler
Wouldn't it be great if BAL became known as Banned Awami League?
Wouldnt it be even better if BNP is called Banned nationalist party..... newyas wat kind of a post was that
Old November 30, 2006, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Its funny you take so much trouble teaching your wonderful ideas to these arrogant members.
Try reading the poem "uttam O adhom" ( you will know y he still takes the trouble)
Old November 30, 2006, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Listen man, "Mastani" existed since ever. How do u know BNP is less corrupted than AL? I for one can state with confidence that Joy doesnt own even half the property as his counterpart Tareq Zia. Wanna disagree? u do that and i will be sure that i am talking to someone who has been seriously brainwashed.

In its first term Tariq Zia Was involved in Car business. after importing cars in large scale by zia the Government suddenly announced A large tax hike on exported cars. there u go, i give u one example where the PM's son was direcly involved not some party member. Pls pls pls.... now u give me examples in which Joy or for that matter Sheikh hasina's own family was involved in corruption during its tenure.

If u wanna know more abt their family corruption. Pls visit the House of Late chocklate Apa. Or Sayeed iskandars house in Baridhara. Wat was their sourse of this enormous wealth. Plus tell me the sourse of money for Dandy dyeing? Anyone pls?
O and did i forgot to mention abt the Optical fibre corruption which we were suposed to get it for free? U tell me y PM denied the gift? it was suppose to be due to national security er..right?
Wow "herewego" is on a roll. Hasina "bua" mone hoy notun fuel inject koreche apnar bhitore. If you had read my posts carefully then you would not be stating such rubbish in your own post. No where did I say that BAL is more corrupt than BNP. I said BAL is the champion when it comes to destruction and violence. BAL started the rot from 96 when their party indulged in more corruption than the BNP did during their first term. Everything started going downhill from 97 onwards specifically. First year BAL was fine but after that the less said the better. Now you mention about tarek zia and MR. Iskandar. Well this was all in this term not the first term ad i clearly mentioned that BNP has outgrown BAL in terms of financial corruption this term. Tsk Tsk only if you could read with more concentration. All said and done and seen, BAL party is always the worse of the two evil simply because of their destructive behaviour and attitude that they own the country. I would take financial scams over lawlessness any day.

BBGUN, you mentioned about citycell as corruption for BNP during the first term. BHai re bhai apni kon jogoter lok, having a monopoly is not corruption !!!!! He had the vision to see that he could make huge profits by bringing cell phones. He dint ask the people at gunpoint to buy those for 2 lakhs. People who had the money bought it for two lakhs. Where does the corruption come here. This is clever business. If you call this corruption then you need to learn the meaning the word once again. This type of business lobbying exists in all countries of the world. Only people who hate to see others getting rich by clever business lobbyinig are the ones who comlain. He saw the potential for the product and since he was the first one to introduce it he charged an exhorbitant price to make lots of profit. Pure business, you can call it unethical but you cant call it corruption.
Old December 1, 2006, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Wouldnt it be even better if BNP is called Banned nationalist party..... newyas wat kind of a post was that
That would be great thanks. In case you have mistaken, being a BAL-hater doesnt necessarily make you a BNP lover.
Old December 1, 2006, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Try reading the poem "uttam O adhom" ( you will know y he still takes the trouble)
Looks like BBgun found himself an ally finally.
Old December 1, 2006, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

awami league and bnp are both evil. but i will pick awami league over bnp anyday just for the simple fact bnp is with jamaat. i saw how bnp leaders were crying and complaining when awami league beat the crap about of shibir last month. i loved it when shibir got beat down. and corruptions both of them are the same. i really hope army takes over.
Old December 1, 2006, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoun
awami league and bnp are both evil. but i will pick awami league over bnp anyday just for the simple fact bnp is with jamaat. i saw how bnp leaders were crying and complaining when awami league beat the crap about of shibir last month. i loved it when shibir got beat down. and corruptions both of them are the same. i really hope army takes over.
Why do you love it when Shibir bets beaten down?

How is a Shibir worker today any worse than a BAL worker who burns buses and cars?
Old December 1, 2006, 01:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
BBGUN, you mentioned about citycell as corruption for BNP during the first term. BHai re bhai apni kon jogoter lok, having a monopoly is not corruption !!!!! He had the vision to see that he could make huge profits by bringing cell phones. He dint ask the people at gunpoint to buy those for 2 lakhs. People who had the money bought it for two lakhs. Where does the corruption come here. This is clever business. If you call this corruption then you need to learn the meaning the word once again. This type of business lobbying exists in all countries of the world. Only people who hate to see others getting rich by clever business lobbyinig are the ones who comlain. He saw the potential for the product and since he was the first one to introduce it he charged an exhorbitant price to make lots of profit. Pure business, you can call it unethical but you cant call it corruption.

You miss one important part from my post. The power to extract rent, which the monopoly(in this case Citicell) got was because of mr Morshed's political power. He vehemently prevented entry into the market and thats where the corruption comes in. It is unethical to charge exorbitant profit and that is another issue. I dont know about bangladesh, but in most countries they have antitrust laws whose sole purpose is to stop the market to degenerate into monopolies. considering these points, is it not obvious that there was huge corruptions involved?

About lobbyists, I think in most countries, lobbyists represent a entire sector of the economy, but not just one firm in the economy.
Old December 1, 2006, 01:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Stop comparing Tareq to Joy.
Joy has not been in politics actively for the last 5 years. It is comparing apples to oranges. If he is clean after 5 years of being in active politics where he can be corrupted, then only u can make that staement.

Sheikh hasina's immediate family are extremely well known for corruption as well as disobeying law, but their levels of corruption was nothing compared to what we have seen over the last 5 years from hawa bhaban and tarek.

The optical fibre thing in 1994 was a bad decision on Khaleda Zia and the governments part, but I do not think it was due to corruption.But unfortunately it cost our country lots and lots of money. Dhaka would be Bangalore today if she made the right decision then.
Old December 1, 2006, 01:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
hey dude, y dont u just point out the part that u don understand and i am sure BBgun will definately try to explain you once more. pls try using logic to state ur point and do not insult him personally in a sarcastic manner.
That is how intellegent people argue man. I am very surprised the mods have not asked these people to stop these cheapshots.
Old December 1, 2006, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

BBgun, why do you have two user names?? (i.e. BBgun & HereWeGo)
Old December 1, 2006, 02:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Really? I do?
Old December 1, 2006, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Wow "herewego" is on a roll. Hasina "bua" mone hoy notun fuel inject koreche apnar bhitore. If you had read my posts carefully then you would not be stating such rubbish in your own post. No where did I say that BAL is more corrupt than BNP. I said BAL is the champion when it comes to destruction and violence. BAL started the rot from 96 when their party indulged in more corruption than the BNP did during their first term. Everything started going downhill from 97 onwards specifically. First year BAL was fine but after that the less said the better. Now you mention about tarek zia and MR. Iskandar. Well this was all in this term not the first term ad i clearly mentioned that BNP has outgrown BAL in terms of financial corruption this term. Tsk Tsk only if you could read with more concentration. All said and done and seen, BAL party is always the worse of the two evil simply because of their destructive behaviour and attitude that they own the country. I would take financial scams over lawlessness any day.

Well all the things i mentioned was during BNP's first 5 years. The car Import scandal, Enormous wealth obtained by iskander and all of PM's family. Dandy dyeing..everything. So pls try knwoing wat u write before writing. Dont test my knowledge. abt Citycell ,If forcing a monopoly on the part of the government is not corruption than tell me what is?

By the way I can also put it like u guys put it, BNP stated it AL just broke the record. Honestly Does that make ne of the party better than the other. Pls ask urself?
Just because AL was involved in some levels of corruption doesnt make BNP's corruption not corruption.

Khaleda "madam" jerokom apnar upor koreche, hasina buao amar bhitor SO CALLED FUEL inject koreche. Allah janey ar apney janen ar maney ki.
Old December 1, 2006, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Don find something to write abt doesnt mean u'll have to write rubbish....
Old December 1, 2006, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Looks like BBgun found himself an ally finally.

Rather have him as an ally than some Hitler *** wipe .
Old December 1, 2006, 03:51 AM

Guys, stop meaningless argument ( who is better BAL or BNP ), and lets take a break... lets read a 'orphan' story...

We got two 'father' figure in our short history, that one has somewhat managed to be called as 'father of nation' and has lil disappointment not being able to label his name every piece of the nation. The other one is very unhappy not to be able to compete that level, but somehow managed to put his big 'face' in every public offices and what not, thanks to those 'people' who certainly not belongs to us by any means, but eat & drink their 'adorsho' days in and days out. Sadly both of 'father' has brutally killed, while their children ( people like us ) had no clue how to react, given the hostility and pain the children had to went through, but hope for better days to come.

Then we got two 'khalamma' who came up for the 'custody' of the people ( orphan children ), but now both claim to be the 'owner' of this country and obviously cant even look at each other even while sitting side by side in public. Surprisingly both shout for 'sacrifice' their life for 'democracy' and 'people', while people have to evacuate city & town, and stay 'prison' at own home, to make the 'field' free so that they can demonstrate their 'democracy' as well as 'kingdom' on the street. So once again we the people has no clue on what's going on, but showing liking and disliking based on 'chocolate' that we got from them on our birthday etc..

Now we got two 'abdul' in position talking 'peace' for years, but yet to find the meaning of 'peace' and for 'whom'. Is this 'pace' for those 'father'? or is this for those 'Khalamma'? or is this for those who eat & drink their 'adorsho'? or is this even for these 'abdul'? no clue at all! Don't see a single word for us, the orphan children in their talking. But one thing we learned, nobody and nothing can be trust except their choice! No chief justice, no president, no system, no rules for that matter. Everything and everyone is questionable and biased, which or who don't see their interest or talk or think otherwise. So obviously we the orphan children start to believe not to trust those 'father', 'khalamma' and of course these 'abdul', since growing up children always learn fast.

Finally we got two 'prince' ready in pipe to take over our 'custody', claiming they are the only future hope for us, the orphan children again! Their sacrifice and love towards democracy of kingdom is right on track, but yet we orphan children tend to believe it's their pure love and concern towards us, and we feel so lucky and happy for that. Do we still need to show our liking and disliking based on their smile, color or fashion?

All these compare of above figure is totally meaningless, since we the orphan children are not the 'idol', and not in the picture! Since we learnt not to trust anyone or anything, we better grow up very fast, and focus on our own interest. Otherwise always there will be some people to take over our 'custody', claiming we are orphan children, and will go on through our coming generation. Needless to say that there are 'other forces' already exist by our side, looking for the suitable time and chance, to take us under the 'custody' of religious orphanage ( an instant example ).
Old December 1, 2006, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

BB gun,
Make your facts right. Dont invent fact like those cheap politicians. I am not going to debate with you. Because you are like our politician 'Bichar Mani, Talgach Amar'. In another thread somebody else corrected your fact, if I remember correctly.
Citycell got its monopoly in 1989. They got monopolistic right for mobile phone for 5 years. BNP came in power in 1991. How come BNP is responsible for that? I know this because I am working on telecommunication policy and regulation in Bangladesh for my doctoral research. At that time government also provided monopolistic right to two other companies to provide land phone in rural areas of North and South part of the country.
Old December 1, 2006, 10:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

thebest bhai, there is no point in arguing with people with predetermined mindset like BB gun.

In every circumstances, they have got their logic behind every unicivilised work, atrocities and destruction. Don't waste your time.

And BB gun, please don't come after me.
Old December 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well, Miraz bhai you are accusing BBgun publicly and expecting not to come after you!!
I don't get your logic.

Old December 1, 2006, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Guys, stop meaningless argument ( who is better BAL or BNP ), and lets take a break... lets read a 'orphan' story...

We got two 'father' ...

Then we got two 'khalamma' ...

Now we got two 'abdul'...

Finally we got two 'prince'

All these compare of above figure is totally meaningless, since we the orphan children are not the 'idol', and not in the picture! Since we learnt not to trust anyone or anything, we better grow up very fast, and focus on our own interest. Otherwise always there will be some people to take over our 'custody', claiming we are orphan children, and will go on through our coming generation. Needless to say that there are 'other forces' already exist by our side, looking for the suitable time and chance, to take us under the 'custody' of religious orphanage ( an instant example ).
Superb PoorFan. I like your last paragraph, and the parts in bold. What a way man...I wish the guys here who have been urging for over 2 weeks try to realize this. It's like the real deshi situation...some montri standing on the stage and screming meaningless stuff. And if there's an cheerful audience, think of two possibilities:

1. They're excited to see the golar jor of those politicians.
2. They've been given money (aka cheering gas in such a case) for cheering the crowd.

Other than these, I don't think any shusto mostishko can think that either of the two parties is right!
Old December 1, 2006, 11:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
BB gun,
Make your facts right. Dont invent fact like those cheap politicians. I am not going to debate with you. Because you are like our politician 'Bichar Mani, Talgach Amar'. In another thread somebody else corrected your fact, if I remember correctly.
Citycell got its monopoly in 1989. They got monopolistic right for mobile phone for 5 years. BNP came in power in 1991. How come BNP is responsible for that? I know this because I am working on telecommunication policy and regulation in Bangladesh for my doctoral research. At that time government also provided monopolistic right to two other companies to provide land phone in rural areas of North and South part of the country.
Please provide source. You can claim to do a lot of stuff, and i can too. I will admit that there is a high probabilty that your data would be right.
But again BNP could have done something about this after they came to power, but did not do it because of Morshed khan's influence. It is a government's duty to ensure that markets do not degenerate into monopolies, and if these deals were made before their contracts started, they should put these for review. Why did they not provide the markets with new entrants right after 1994. Also they could have easily brought in GSM network providers as it would be a different market from Cdma market providers. The point being they were not antorik in their decision making about the telecom sector because of the presence of morshed khan in the government at that point.

Last edited by Special 1; December 1, 2006 at 11:52 AM..
Old December 1, 2006, 12:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
thebest bhai, there is no point in arguing with people with predetermined mindset like BB gun.

In every circumstances, they have got their logic behind every unicivilised work, atrocities and destruction. Don't waste your time.

And BB gun, please don't come after me.

I am sorry, I could say the same thing about your mindset. How do you know i have a predetermined mindset about everything or anything for that matter based on these posts. Just because you cannot chane my view points with the cheap arguments you make shows the cheapness of your arguments and how unconvincing they are. Maybe you can convince a lot of people who have the same view point you do with your arguments.
Were you not the one, who label people as "insane" and "sane" based on whether they support activities of the political party? And use the concept of "rationality" to justify your calling them "sane' or "insane".
Old December 1, 2006, 12:02 PM
Retired BC Admin

I'm closing this thread temporarily for review. Please do not open another thread on politics. Thanks.
Closed Thread