facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 21, 2014, 09:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Shakib Al Hasan has been suspended for 3 match!!!!

Shakib suspended for three ODIs Source: ESPN Cricinfo

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/721171.html

Shakib Al Hasan has been suspended for 3 match!!!! Source: Banglanews24

http://www.banglanews24.com/new/%E0%...%E0%A6%AC.html

Old February 21, 2014, 09:30 AM
MLC World Series I

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/721171.html

Wow BCB! Didn't expect this from you..
Old February 21, 2014, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Besi hoye gelo.1ta match thik chilo.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 21, 2014, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 21, 2014, 09:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Hmmm....falling apart now. Pretty sure this has something to do with his performances in this series. Would never have gotten suspended had he scored back to back fifties in the Tests and ODIs thus far.

Sorry to say so, but this is the Pakistan way of doing things.
Old February 21, 2014, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

No one is bigger than the team. Thank you BCB..
Old February 21, 2014, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I'm happy that he got punished but BCB could have suspended him for 1 match and increased the fine amount of 3 lakhs. Considering how most of the players are out of form and Tamim sidelined with injury we actually needed him in the first two matches against India and Afghanistan.

Last edited by Razi; February 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM..
Old February 21, 2014, 09:55 AM
Test Cricketer

deserved...him being the top most role model and idol of the country, has let everyone down....hope he makes a strong come back...not expecting him to be any less arrogant but a better player or at a level where he was before.....having said that he is/was and always will be arrogant because thats what makes him perform, to take the arrogance out of him will be to take the player out of the person....however, there is a fine line between being arrogant and a foul...
Old February 21, 2014, 09:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I see a troll in this page. Mod please monitor him.
Old February 21, 2014, 10:13 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

should have fined him...arthik dondo daoa uchit chilo...3 lakhs at least...shakib dont care playing for BD anymore, aita or jonne kono sasti e na

Edit: khusi holam arthik dondo dise dakhe..tobe 1 ta match suspend kora uchit chilo..nijer paye kural mere ki lav..specially asia cup e afg er sathe match ase
Old February 21, 2014, 10:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Excellent decision by BCB.

A one-match suspension would've read, "We can't do without you and need you in the Asia Cup games, hence you're only suspended for the dead-rubber game." The slap on the wrist wouldn't have gotten any point across. The three-match suspension shows that no player is bigger than the team and that everyone is equal and is liable for their behavior. It puts the team and code of conduct ahead of technical needs, and that's how it should be.
Old February 21, 2014, 10:31 AM
Banned

Thanks BCB! But who will replace him! Can we draft Taijul Islam in place of him?
Old February 21, 2014, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

2 match is harsh, I'd have gone for fine alone. This is a bit too harsh.
And are people for real? Players do inappropriate rubbish all the time and they don't get such suspensions until it's something that severe. Steyn spat at Ben and I don't recall him getting any suspension, even. And I'd say that's far more inappropriate than this.
Old February 21, 2014, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Asia cup rakhal uchit chilo very imp match decision Ki change korbe bcb?
Old February 21, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
And are people for real? Players do inappropriate rubbish all the time and they don't get such suspensions until it's something that severe. Steyn spat at Ben and I don't recall him getting any suspension, even. And I'd say that's far more inappropriate than this.
Taito thik bolsen there are so many players do inappropriate behavior the question is did he do something while he was being interrogated that made BCB more mad... Should BCB reconsider about the match suspension?
Old February 21, 2014, 10:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Good job BCB

Salute!!!

Needs a good lesson. To much ego is dangerous for him also it is/will affect(ing) the team very dearly.
Old February 21, 2014, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

The suspension was unnecessary tbh. A fine would have been enough. However, I applaud the BCB for taking action. Have lost all respect for Shakib as a person.
Old February 21, 2014, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
We are polite losers. Losing isn't enough we need to be gracious in defeat too. Oh oh oh my daughter was watching the game and now she's depressed.
I was watching the game live and maybe I was in the kitchen during the incident and missed it but even on replay when I was looking out for it, I had to watch it 3 times to even realize he did the blank me gesture. And I'm the filthiest guy on this forum. Wonder how everyone else caught it so quick.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 21, 2014, 11:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I was watching the game live and maybe I was in the kitchen during the incident and missed it but even on replay when I was looking out for it, I had to watch it 3 times to even realize he did the blank me gesture. And I'm the filthiest guy on this forum. Wonder how everyone else caught it so quick.
This, agreed.
Old February 21, 2014, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We are polite losers. Losing isn't enough we need to be gracious in defeat too. Oh oh oh my daughter was watching the game and now she's depressed.
I wrote in a different thread yesterday about the incident, I spotted it and was disgusted. He is such a tasteless person. I wrote:

Quote:
Not sure has anyone noticed it: TV camera was showing Shakib resting after getting out, he was half naked, resting on a sofa. All on a sudden Shakib held his balls (!) intentionally as camera was on him. It was a dirty show by Shakib. Don't know what he was trying to do.

He is senior stateman, respected sportsman of the country. I am not sure why he did that. It was intentional as the camera was on him. Don't lose your fans Shakib. Do not ruin your fame.

I didn't want to mention it here, but helpless after such an act. Such an idiot he has become.
Shakib would never come close to his captain Mushfiqur. He was captain of our national team, just imagine it. It's a shame.

Had he not been banned he would have gone and play like a reckless batsman in the rest of the season, he was intentionally got out in the 2nd ODI, it was clear. We needed 6 runs per over and he was batting as if we needed 10 an over. I was clueless what he was doing. Now, during his suspension players like Naeem will come and give their 100%. We need dedication and effort. We don't need any arrogance and reckless member in the team.

If it teaches him something then it's good. We will get something out of him in the rest of the season. And those who thinks this is harsh, I would say that everyone should be accountable for their act.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 21, 2014, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Yes, Al..dirty minds here in BC! I saw your post this morning on FB and had to watch a few times. Perhaps he was trying to remind his abuser his no.1 ranking among all rounders. And, what about the TV producer? Tabloid stuff. He should have cut away at the first sign of anything lewd instead of getting fixated on it. There should be some responsibility on their part too. They are the one after all feeding the content.
Old February 21, 2014, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

i would have easily banned him for the rest of the asia cup and the t20 world cup. I used to admire this guy back when he was the real shakib al hasan. But now, his performance to me isn't what i expected from him. He's a much better player and individual than what the media is portraying him to be. He's a cricketer who gives his wicket away everytime he bats. So the inappropriate behavior was in the cards. I do HOPE that his replacement performs.
Old February 21, 2014, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I remember Shakib used to come across a shy lad during the post match presentations and interviews. It seems like with the new found fame and riches he has changed completely and lost all modesty. If the modesty doesn´t prevent him gesticulating such crassness in front of the world, his family and young kids just imagine how he might be with his team mates, coaches and others. Instead of being remorseful for his callous dismissal in the match he shows such arrogance and obscenity! It clearly reflects his mindest and attitude.

He should have been banned for 5 matches and issued an ultimatum that his NOC will be revoked if such behaviour is repeated. Nobody is bigger than the game, team or civility. Can do without a brat like this!
Old February 21, 2014, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Wowwwe BCB !

You need to send a strong message that no one is above the team and BCB just did that !!! We won without any of our star players so no one is a must for our team... Current performance should always be the indicator not the player's glorious past !!!

Now I am actually happy that Shakib did that otherwise he would never be dropped from the team for his below average performance .. The timing is just perfect .. Now let's see if he comes back strongly to prove himself ...
Old February 21, 2014, 11:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Mushfiqur Rahim , the true gentleman in our team. Without him all the cricketers would be like crabs in a barrel. Shakib, hope this time off(vacation for him) gives you time to reflect that your country comes first before your batting and bowling talents.