facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2009, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
what hurt the most was seeing bangalis walking out the stadium with 5 overs to go, whoever u are, ur all traitors and false supporters..SHAME ON YA
I am a traitor. I walked out with 2 overs to spare.

Its not nice to call name to fellow Bangladeshi supporters. Atleast they went there.

Old June 7, 2009, 01:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
I was looking for ticket like hell but couldn't get it(didn't bought be4, though i might have exam on match day)...still looking for Super8 matches.

I'm sorry guys....
I did post tickets for sale at their face value but no one replied, although I managed to sell them later to friends. I got S8 too but not selling them, may be after we get knocked out by IRE :P
Old June 7, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Don't have time to read all the above posts but surely I was disappointed to see so less support for our team.

I have been in the UK for more than 5 years and from my experience I can say that even if we exclude the Bangladeshi people who work in the so called Indian restaurants still there were enough deshi people living there to go and support the team. We have huge amount of students studying there but where were they? We spend hundreds of pounds every month so can't we spend some money to support our team?

Actually still we are a child as a cricketing nation or in the other word we need to be more mature as a cricketing nation.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 7, 2009, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I am a traitor. I walked out with 2 overs to spare.

Its not nice to call name to fellow Bangladeshi supporters. Atleast they went there.
ok maybe 'traitors' is bit harsh, i will retract that phrase but u guys had no excuse, our team needed us all the way especially with our low turn out and win or lose our supporters should have stayed till the end to cheer our boys off and also give a hand to the Indians if thats too much to ask for..
Old June 7, 2009, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I stayed till the last ball was bowled...
Old June 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Don't have time to read all the above posts but surely I was disappointed to see so less support for our team.

I have been in the UK for more than 5 years and from my experience I can say that even if we exclude the Bangladeshi people who work in the so called Indian restaurants still there were enough deshi people living there to go and support the team. We have huge amount of students studying there but where were they? We spend hundreds of pounds every month so can't we spend some money to support our team?

Actually still we are a child as a cricketing nation or in the other word we need to be more mature as a cricketing nation.
Hasan bhai, ajkalkar polapain khub kharap. They think they're oh-so-kewlz with their jobs and their school-work.
Old June 7, 2009, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I stayed till the last ball was bowled...
Son of a baagh.
Old June 7, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

this is shameful and sad.

the UK bangladesh fans, if they are so, are responsible for england opting to not host us. they have money, and numbers, if you buy up tickets the way indians and pakis do, ECB wouldn't have dared to cancel our tours. it is their fault.

its sad to see UK bangladeshi youth behave the way they do. here in america, none of the youth follow cricket or care about BD, despite having that superficial token "bengali pride". very few american born fans. recently i found out, one of my friends, just became a die hard cricket fan after WC 2007, but i wish there were more.

thankfully, the presence of shazad and rommel here give me some good company and hope.

all too often, cricket is viewed in the US, as a fobby pastime.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 7, 2009, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

It was so Quiet when We Were Hitting Boundaries, it's like an in America Where a Road Team Scores and home crowd goes dead Silent. It was Cool in that Sense.

But it a complete Away game for us In every sense, the Crowd was getting at Dhoni for Taking Singles, when they needed to Accelerate. My Mom and Dad Where Screaming at the TV, when our guys Failed to Accelerate. My Mom Also Said that the Indian Team is alot more Muscular than our team and either we need to feed em Steriods or givem Eggs and Milk

I expect 5K of Irish Supporter tommorow
Old June 7, 2009, 03:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
they act like british or following pakis and indians.

I wonder how many ppl born in england that comes at bc? None?
i come from england british born ye but there probably arent many others
Old June 7, 2009, 03:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakidul
bro i was also born in england and being brought up here. Not saying im even close to being good enough but if i became a professional cricketer and got to choose from playing in my mother country and bangladesh and england. I would most certainly play for bangladesh even with a low price. At the end of the day wheter you agree with me or not 'money' is not everything.
same here
Old June 7, 2009, 03:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Is it the same in other abroad countrys
Old June 7, 2009, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
lol Bangla cricket members you may think im sad saying this but since the post is about supporters i thought i might say it. Lol about 4 years back when i was eleven i used to cry everytime bangladesh lost a game. Now after all that losing ive lost all the water for my tears. However, in the future inshallah I want to be laughing after all bangladeshis matches.
Cho chwit
Old June 7, 2009, 03:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

We bengalies are cheap a$$$.. i'm one such example..I don't go to parties as i have to buy gifts

Some bengalies spend over 50 bucks on Cigarettes per week (10 bucks per pack in NY) but when you ask them to donate 5 bucks to Masjid, they will be looking otherway.

This is the condition of us Bengalies. We don't know how to support our country, countrymen, teams, or our friends and families..we only know how to talk big..thats all..(sorry if i hurt some of ur sentiments..but its true brother and sisters )
Old June 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
we bengalies are cheap a$$$.. I'm one such example..i don't go to parties as i have to buy gifts

some bengalies spend over 50 bucks on cigarettes per week (10 bucks per pack in ny) but when you ask them to donate 5 bucks to masjid, they will be looking otherway.

This is the condition of us bengalies. We don't know how to support our country, countrymen, teams, or our friends and families..we only know how to talk big..thats all..(sorry if i hurt some of ur sentiments..but its true brother and sisters )
very true or they cant be bothered going or even trying to find out where to get tickets
Old June 7, 2009, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakidul
lol bangla cricket members you may think im sad saying this but since the post is about supporters i thought i might say it. Lol about 4 years back when i was eleven i used to cry everytime bangladesh lost a game. now after all that losing ive lost all the water for my tears. However, in the future inshallah i want to be laughing after all bangladeshis matches.
ওয়াকিদুলের বুকটা পাশান হয়ে গিয়েছে। সে বুকে আজ আর ফাঁটল ধরে না। ওয়াকিদুল কি তবে এখন ভালবাসতে অপারগ? সে কি তবে এখন জানালার ধারে বসে খোলা আকাশের পানে চেয়ে বিরহের গান গাইবে?
Old June 7, 2009, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Jago Bangali Jago!
Old June 7, 2009, 04:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGC
I understand that most UK Bangladeshis own restaurants and it is tough be out on a Saturday evening. But what about the younger generation?
That is stereotyping! My sister lives in London and I have many uncles/cousins there too. None of them I know is in the restaurent buisiness. By no means I am demeaning this. But BDs in England have diversified to other lucrative and less demanding (in term of long hours) profession. You must be taking about something that existed 20/30 years ego.

By the way, I was there to watch the 1-day world cup when BD beat Pakistan. There were just as many Bangladeshi's as there were Pakistanis. Despite the fact the game is on Monday, I bet the we will outnumber any other group in the Ireland match.

Last edited by LateCut; June 7, 2009 at 04:23 PM..
Old June 7, 2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Son of a baagh.
ami ber hoye pore abar dor mere dhuke gesi Mo vai ke bahire rekhe,lol
Old June 7, 2009, 04:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
ami ber hoye pore abar dor mere dhuke gesi Mo vai ke bahire rekhe,lol
bagher bachha shot. Mar beta mar
Old June 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
bagher bachha shot. Mar beta mar
Only big Z played "Bagher Bachha Shot".
Old June 7, 2009, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Son of a baagh.
Hopefully we'll do it tomorrow bro...
Old June 7, 2009, 05:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

We were in the William Clarke stand.. and there were a group of bangladeshi in the corner with flags etc.. and thenw e were in the middle of the stand.. completely surrounded by Indians. it was funn cuz there was frendly competition in the cheering.. wenever soemthing went our way we wud cheer.. bt then wen the hit six or got a wicket... there were so many of them hu turned around just to tease us... but we had fun.. stayed till the last ball. First ever cricket match it was great
Old June 7, 2009, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

I guess exams might have played a role too for students not turning up. Ex - ME, A levels; couldn't have come even if I wanted coz dad got me Sky just so that I don't go that faar and waste time. And to some extent, what he did, was right too.

Last edited by Purbasha T; June 8, 2009 at 05:51 AM..
Old June 7, 2009, 05:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
That is stereotyping! My sister lives in London and I have many uncles/cousins there too. None of them I know is in the restaurent buisiness. By no means I am demeaning this. But BDs in England have diversified to other lucrative and less demanding (in term of long hours) profession. You must be taking about something that existed 20/30 years ego.

By the way, I was there to watch the 1-day world cup when BD beat Pakistan. There were just as many Bangladeshi's as there were Pakistanis. Despite the fact the game is on Monday, I bet the we will outnumber any other group in the Ireland match.
If you read the previous messages, you will see that this was the excuse used by many people and newspapers. My point is that although a large proportion do, there are thousands that don't - which is exactly what you're saying here.
Out of the many Bangladeshis I know in the UK, none of them work in the restaurant business - but none of them went to the game either.