facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2004, 10:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Khaled Mahmud

What are you views now? I think he shouldn't be in the team. Its obvious from today. He wasn't all that in the last match either.

Old March 12, 2004, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

we should play him. In 5 years when we will have our next win he will play well in that game.
Old March 12, 2004, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

It is becoming quite redundant- same arguements and nothing we can do as it falls on deaf ears. The guy is miserable. We can go two ways here without him. Either we can include an extra batsman as it was evident today that we were a batsman short or we can go with a full time seamer. Drop him !! for gods sake !
Old March 12, 2004, 11:50 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I believe that Khaled Mahmud would volunteerly announce his FINAL retirement. And this time, his decision will be FINAL.

Because, the next tour, in West Indies, we won't play 2 seamer-allrounders, in Asia Cup, Sri Lanka's pitches will favor spinners, so we won't play 2 seamer-allrounders, in the next Sri Lanka, New Zealand and India tour of Bangladesh, we won't have pitches like Zimbabwe.

So this 5th ODI match will probably be his last ever ODI match.

Ofcourse, if we had not won the 3rd ODI, then I would have insisted on letting Khaled Mahmud to play on, but since I've seen how well Ashraful can play in the last ten overs, so there's really no need for Sujon to continue; as our need for a lower order hard hitting batsman has finished.
Old March 12, 2004, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Btw, Mr. Mahmood isn't a long term prospect either. We need to look forward to WC2007 and build a team for that tournament like all the other teams are doing. Hence we need to introduce/ develop a good pace bowling allrounder to play along with Mushfy or to compete for his place. Ideally i'd like to see Rana playing in the 5th ODi, if not Mahmood should not waste the opportunity to retire from international cricket just after the match.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Zephaniah]
Old March 12, 2004, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Are any of the U-19s ripe enough for the picking? coz they could replace him...
Old March 12, 2004, 04:41 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default rana rana rana

rana has to be in the team for the 5th odi! u decide whats the best way to do that. (no more explanation needed)
Old March 12, 2004, 04:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zephaniah
We need to look forward to WC2007 and build a team for that tournament like all the other teams are doing.
[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Zephaniah]
I disagree! For us every match is important. No need to fool ourselves! Young as we are as a test nation, planning for a good show at WC 2007 is not a realistic goal. may be in 2011.

If Mahmood could justify his selection I had no problem! My problem is that he is past his prime. Even at his best he was only a utility player. But IMHO we need a fourth pace bowling option in Zimbabwe. Mahmood will probably be in the team for the fifth one dayer too.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Optimist]
Old March 12, 2004, 05:04 PM
Test Cricketer

.....building a team is a continuous process and you always pick your best eleven anyway. Mahmood doesn't command a place in the team in any case.
Old March 12, 2004, 06:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO

i feel sorry for the guy, but bangladesh comes first. bangladesh team is more important than this sorry former captain.

His time is over, he should have stayed retired the first time, but no no no no he wants to drag BD team down with him.

He is finished. He is not a cricketer, if he was than we would have not come back. This game is for the people knows how to play.
Old March 16, 2004, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah this game is for the people knows how to play kkakash. that is why mahmud was in the team and you are not. and that is why he got 4 wickets and has the best bangladeshi boling figure in one days. and i dont think that you will have to feel sorry for him. plz feel sorry for someone else. i dont think mahmud needs to be sorry. i dont think he is draggin bd team down. i think for him bd team was atleast trying to go up in the fifth one day match. sorry ziphaniah i think mahmud certainly deserved to be in the 11. and he have proved that. maybe his is not young but still his spirit is stronger than anyone in the team. dannabad.