facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 27, 2006, 12:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
In absence of Aftab the only player who could have challeneged aussies was Shahriar Nafees.
Just my own view ... We should not expect too much from SN already ... He has good strokes ...but very bad footwork (the MUST for a batsman, especially openers) ...he is not in a position to take the team to win yet ... He needs to improve a lot ... If you have seen his batting, in Bengali we used to call it 'Taurra Barri' ... He definitely needs to improve a LOT!!!

Old April 27, 2006, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengali_bradman
How do you guarantee that if Habibul, Javed and Pilot went on scoring with a much higher rate rather than the way they did (kept wicketfall under control), then bangladesh wouldn't have lost 5 wckts in 20 overs ...you see, when Habibul went for hit, he got out ...if he followed your precription, I just can see that he was out with 20 runs ...not 70 runs ... May be you need to learn cricket ... Please watch some test matches throughout the five days, and then you will understand how to build an innings, how to chase.
Feeling it's unnecessary, with my very poor cricketing knowledge, to answer your question regarding 'gurantee'. But if you need an answer, I would say, they guranteed our defeat with their batting anyway.

Thank you, mate! I will try to watch some test matches throughout five days to learn cricket But well, you are right on your point. They probably have also got a head of yours and during their batting they were thinking like playing a test match
Old April 27, 2006, 12:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengali_bradman
Just want to add, 146/4 is a pretty much plausible situation when you are chasing 250 ... 96 out of 60 balls with 6 wckts in hand ... It happened quite often in hand ..and we had players who could do that ...say, Bashar, Rafiq, Masri, Alok ... But they could not make it this time ...just that ...But the recovery by JO, HB and KM to 146/4 in 40 ovs was really a good shot!!!
Sorry, I should have clarified. We were actually 146/4 afer 39.4, but lost KM's wicket the very next ball, leaving us with 96 runs off 60 balls with just 5 wickets in hand. If you consider that we eventually went on to lose:

5-146 (Khaled Mashud, 39.5 ov)
6-157 (Habibul Bashar, 41.3 ov)
7-159 (Mohammad Rafique, 42.1 ov)

Then it does not leave much to the imagination. I think we would have been better off after Rafique fell to bat out the overs, and I think in this case Alok should have 'batted for his average', so to speak, just so more people would have been convinced with his inclusion into the team. He's a good player. (Although some of you may have still chastised him for not making an effort).

Also, considering we were 7-159, and eventually were bundled out for 183, 6 overs later (24 runs, 6 overs), it shows that slogging at the end really wouldn't have made much of a difference - we left ourselves with too much to get, and the pitch made it very difficult to chase down a total like 250 from the offset - we gave away too many runs in the last 5 overs of Australia's innings! (45 runs in 5 overs - If could have restricted it to half that, the game may have been more interesting).

But I'm over it. We've pushed them, in patches, in every game thus far this series. That is an acheivement in itself. Heres to going one better in final ODI on Friday!

Last edited by Mr-Cricket; April 27, 2006 at 12:57 AM..
Old April 28, 2006, 06:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Just to add another shocking thing abt this match.

We gave away 75 runs in 5 overs towards the end! Or was it... 9 overs. Hmmm!!!!