facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
A shot at Redemption for Tamim. Anyone still remembers how Vitori made a bunny out of him?

Tamim better be ready.
W.e happened to Vitori? Don't see him play alot, their main strike bowler seems to be Jarvis atm.

Old March 18, 2013, 07:17 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

SL test is nearly over. For the test series against Zim, we should make couple if changes.

My 15 would be:

1) Mushy
2) Shakib (VC)
3) Ashraful
4) Tamim
5) Anamul Bijoy
6) Zahirul Islam
7) Mominul Haque
8) Nasir Hossain
9) Sohag Gazi
10) Nayeem Islam (should cone in for Riyad)
11) Rubel Hossain
12) Abul Hassan
13) Taskin Ahmed
14) Nazmul Hossain/Robiul/Shafiul
15) Razzak/Saqlain/Mosharaff/Enamul jr

++++++++

Zim pitches have something to offer for the seamers hence 4 pacers.Also our pacers are injury prone so its gd to have back up. BCB should give NOC to SRK to start his bollywood career. Give Riyad a summer vacation. And pls don't bring back SN without any reason as I don't see for any chance of playing atleast for now for the nats team. Poor Marshall Ayub

From the 15 I picked, this would be my XI:

1)Tamim
2)A. Bijoy/Zahirul
3) Ashraful
4) Mominul
5) Shakib
6) Mushy
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Rubel
10) Taskin (if he is fit, then its the perfect time,condition and opposition for him to get the test cap)
11) Another SLA

12th man: Nayeem Islam (Mominul has taken his place)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 18, 2013, 07:19 AM

^this is an unbeatable team

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 18, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

OP... Since when the Tigers have started behaving so weird with their food... !!

Should be a good tour for us....
Old March 19, 2013, 11:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

As everyone knows we're playing them right now, in the first test last week we beat them in two and a half days but believe me it wasn't as easy as it sounds, they've got a dangerous batting order if they are allowed to get going, Mazakdza, Marwayo and Sibanda can score very quickly and Irvine has been a constant pain against us through their whole tour, he isn't getting big scores but he's sticking around for long spells, Weller looks decent too,

Another thing to add is Jarvis is very dangerous in seaming conditions, he got a 5fer against us and aways looked hostile and up for the fight, they had a sniff in the first test when they had us 140/6, but in the end Sammy and Ramdin took the game away from them and we built a 95 run lead, after that our spinners just rolled them over.

Vitori is said to be going through a poor spell but after what he did to you last time i have a feeling he might be back .

I think It's gonna be a good series, i'll have to wait and see what happens in this second test tomorrow to make a prediction but if this was a home series for the Tigers then i'd favor you heavily thats for sure.

Last edited by WindieFan; March 19, 2013 at 03:59 PM..
Old March 19, 2013, 12:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

^It depends on what kind of a track the Zimbabweans lay out. If its a flat track, as Bulawayo typically is, then its game over for the Zimbabweans before the toss. As per the schedule, all the limited overs matches are in Bulawayo, so I expect that we should win at least 4 out of the 5 matches in Bulawayo...3-0 in ODIs, 1-1 in T20s. We have beaten Zimbabwe 6-1 in the last two series in Bulawayo.

Both Tests are in Harare and it will be interesting what kind of track they lay out. I too expect Vitori to be back regardless of his form and fitness, but we'll be boosted by the fact that we've scored 500 and 600+ in our last two series, which wasn't anywhere close to true the last time we toured ZIM.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 19, 2013, 10:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

very important series for us. it will be an indicator of the relative progress of two teams, so both teams will take the games seriously.

BD need to show that their recent improvements are not fluke and need to perform and get the results in zimbabwe.
Old March 20, 2013, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
so both teams will take the games seriously.
I don't think so. Zimbabwe will take it seriously, whereas we will be bullish about demolishing them based on our Test series loss to Sri Lanka.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Jarvis is bowling very well. I am impressed. He will pose greater threat than any of the current Sri Lanka pace bowlers.
Old March 20, 2013, 10:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Jarvis is bowling very well. I am impressed. He will pose greater threat than any of the current Sri Lanka pace bowlers.
Agreed. I think Chatara has done more than enough to crack the 2nd seamers spot. It will be interesting to see if ZIM goes with Vitori or Mpofu as their third seamer. I don't see their spinners posing any threat at all. Will be interesting to see how Shakib and Gazi go.

I'd select Abul, Robiul, and Taskin as our first choice seam attack with Rubel being the backup.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 21, 2013, 01:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Irrespective of the condition, I think we should NOT play more than 2 pacers in a match.
Our pacers aren't exactly world beaters and the 3rd guy means he wasn't the first pic even from the lot we have in hand. If he wasn't good enough for that, dont think he would make much of a difference.
We are better off playing to our strength, spin.

More importantly, 3-seamer bowling line means the pacers are having to take charge of the attack, something they don't in their regular job, ie, domestic league. Our pacers are mostly support system to our spinners in the FC matches where they come and bowl few customary early overs with the new ball and then the SLA's take charge.

When they are not groomed to attack in the domestic league, we can't expect them to do the same in the international matches.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 21, 2013, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Irrespective of the condition, I think we should NOT play more than 2 pacers in a match.
Our pacers aren't exactly world beaters and the 3rd guy means he wasn't the first pic even from the lot we have in hand. If he wasn't good enough for that, dont think he would make much of a difference.

More importantly, 3-seamer bowling line means the pacers are having to take charge of the attack, something they don't in their regular job, ie, domestic league. Our pacers are mostly support system to our spinners in the FC matches where they come and bowl few customary early overs with the new ball and then the SLA's take charge.

When they are not groomed to attack in the domestic league, we can't expect them to do the same in the international matches.
Not agreed fully. If an allrounder like Shakib is there you have total freedom to arrange your team. In a seaming condition easily you can take 3 pacers plus Shakib and Shohag. In that case you will have to play with total 7 batsman. Rather we will have to take decision about number of batsman we want,7/8. 3 pacer is always a good option in favourable condition as they will get little tired.
Old March 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bhaaai, you really think our 3 pacers is going to win us any games ?

Remember this ?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ch/522245.html

3 pacers 81 overs 5 wickets, giving away 228 runs.
3 spinners 50 overs 5 wickets, giving away 127 runs.
One of the spinner was a part timer who bowled only 2 overs.
Enamul Jnr has a better chance to take more wickets than Shahadat/Abul/Rubel, even in a pacer friendly condition.

I'm not saying we must NOT take 3 pacers, I'm just being realistic that our 3rd pacer is not going to add any substantial value to the bowling attack and we would probably be better off betting on our strength and their weakness, ie, spin.

Also remember, Shakib would be coming off from a surgery and might not be able to bowl the longer spell that he usually does. In that case, we need another bowler to can share the load with Gazi. So, instead of getting a mere 15 overs from the 3rd pacer, we can take someone like Enamul who would easily bowl 25+ overs in an innings, thus sharing the bulk load with the other two spinners.

Ref the last test match against SL, the pacers bowled (15+23+17) = 55 overs, whereas Gazi himself bowled a staggering 39 overs, even in what was supposed to be a pacer friendly pitch !
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/602473.html

We got to be careful about managing Gazi's workload or else within a very short time, he would also be going under the knives, just like Shakib.
Old March 21, 2013, 12:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Bhaaai, you really think our 3 pacers is going to win us any games ?

Remember this ?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ch/522245.html

3 pacers 81 overs 5 wickets, giving away 228 runs.
3 spinners 50 overs 5 wickets, giving away 127 runs.
One of the spinner was a part timer who bowled only 2 overs.
Enamul Jnr has a better chance to take more wickets than Shahadat/Abul/Rubel, even in a pacer friendly condition.

I'm not saying we must NOT take 3 pacers, I'm just being realistic that our 3rd pacer is not going to add any substantial value to the bowling attack and we would probably be better off betting on our strength and their weakness, ie, spin.

Also remember, Shakib would be coming off from a surgery and might not be able to bowl the longer spell that he usually does. In that case, we need another bowler to can share the load with Gazi. So, instead of getting a mere 15 overs from the 3rd pacer, we can take someone like Enamul who would easily bowl 25+ overs in an innings, thus sharing the bulk load with the other two spinners.

Ref the last test match against SL, the pacers bowled (15+23+17) = 55 overs, whereas Gazi himself bowled a staggering 39 overs, even in what was supposed to be a pacer friendly pitch !
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/602473.html

We got to be careful about managing Gazi's workload or else within a very short time, he would also be going under the knives, just like Shakib.
If we can dare to let Nazmul play then we should go with 3 pacers.
Old March 21, 2013, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Zimb pacers will create havoc in our uncertain toporders consist of banglar bradmans and their spinners may even take more wickets and do better than ours...
Old March 22, 2013, 03:43 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

29 of the 40 Zimbabwe wickets went to off spinners in the recent Test series with West Indies. I'm expecting Gazi to cash in. I'd love to see Enamul against them too.
Old March 22, 2013, 04:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
As everyone knows we're playing them right now, in the first test last week we beat them in two and a half days but believe me it wasn't as easy as it sounds, they've got a dangerous batting order if they are allowed to get going, Mazakdza, Marwayo and Sibanda can score very quickly and Irvine has been a constant pain against us through their whole tour, he isn't getting big scores but he's sticking around for long spells, Weller looks decent too,

Another thing to add is Jarvis is very dangerous in seaming conditions, he got a 5fer against us and aways looked hostile and up for the fight, they had a sniff in the first test when they had us 140/6, but in the end Sammy and Ramdin took the game away from them and we built a 95 run lead, after that our spinners just rolled them over.

Vitori is said to be going through a poor spell but after what he did to you last time i have a feeling he might be back .

I think It's gonna be a good series, i'll have to wait and see what happens in this second test tomorrow to make a prediction but if this was a home series for the Tigers then i'd favor you heavily thats for sure.
In order to make a clear statement, we need to beat ZIM convincingly in their home ground. We can claim to be a better side if we can do that.
Old March 22, 2013, 05:29 PM

Fixtures reversed. First test is on the 17th April. Shak Will be lucky to be fit...
Old March 23, 2013, 01:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
If we can dare to let Nazmul play then we should go with 3 pacers.
Yeah, let him be fit first.
More importantly, Nazmul in test is not likely to happen.
Old March 23, 2013, 02:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:

i agree, inshaAllah when Enamul Haque jr. is fit, and Shakib is also match fit and Gazi is alive and healthy and, match fit, it could be a lethal spin combo, perhaps better than India's current spin attack. It is likely that even on batting surfaces these three together can cause problems for oppositions.
Old March 23, 2013, 03:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
i agree, inshaAllah when Enamul Haque jr. is fit, and Shakib is also match fit and Gazi is alive and healthy and, match fit, it could be a lethal spin combo, perhaps better than India's current spin attack. It is likely that even on batting surfaces these three together can cause problems for oppositions.
i dont think its applicable after seeing ashwin's bowling today against aussies, especially his carom ball.
Old March 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

They're showing Zimbabwe cricket grounds on Ten cricket right now. They were showing Coventry's 194.
Old March 23, 2013, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

I agree totally, but we do need to groom them somewhere. Might as well be at the international stage. There will be some growing pains along the way, but I'm with Sohel bhai on this.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 24, 2013, 12:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

But Asaad, you know very well that international stage is not the place for grooming and trimming.
Though the case isnt always true for a country with infrastructure like ours, but we have to make them some sort of match ready.
Getting them ready in the head is the most crucial part and you won't have it in the international arena where the big boys will torn them apart.
Back to basics is always the simple answer.
Old March 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
But Asaad, you know very well that international stage is not the place for grooming and trimming.
Though the case isnt always true for a country with infrastructure like ours, but we have to make them some sort of match ready.
Getting them ready in the head is the most crucial part and you won't have it in the international arena where the big boys will torn them apart.
Back to basics is always the simple answer.
This is true, but we don't have many alternatives. Plus, debuting them in series vs ZIM is an ideal backdrop in that regard. ZIM's strength is even lower than A teams from most of the top sides, so that would be an ideal place to bring Taskin, Anamul, etc into top flight cricket. We simply don't have enough A or Academy tours to do that. These young players should meanwhile continue to work in the Academy setting. Tamim, Mashrafee, and others are examples of players who cut their teeth mostly at the international level with very little domestic experience prior to that.

#OneTeam1Dream