facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 21, 2019, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

^^ We had modern fire trucks but the roads were so narrow that trucks could not enter.

#UnnoyonerJowar

Quote:
এত ব্যস্ত ব্যবসায়িক এলাকা হলেও এখানে ঢোকার সড়কগুলো একেবারেই সরু। কোনো সড়কেই দুটি গাড়ি পাশ কাটানোর জায়গা নেই। ফায়ার সার্ভিসের বড় পানিবাহী গাড়ি এখানে ঢুকতে না পারায় প্রচণ্ড সমস্যায় পড়তে হয়েছে। পাম্প দিয়ে প্রায় এক কিলোমিটার দূরের পুরোনো কারাগারের পুকুর থেকে পানি আনা হয়। যার কারণে পানির গতি ছিল কম। আর মানুষের পায়ের চাপে পাইপগুলো মাঝেমধ্যেই পানিশূন্য হয়ে পড়ছিল। ফায়ার সার্ভিসের লোকদের মাইক নিয়ে বারবারই বলতে হচ্ছিল, ‘পাইপগুলো পাড়াবেন না।’ এ ছাড়া চুড়িহাট্টা মসজিদ এবং আশপাশের কয়েকটি বাড়ির রিজার্ভ ট্যাংক থেকেও পানি সংগ্রহ করে ফায়ার সার্ভিস।
https://www.prothomalo.com/banglades...ন্না
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Old February 21, 2019, 11:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Bangladesh Government will spend hundreds of millions of dollars on buying junk Submarines but will not invest even a fraction of that money to modernize forces (Fire services, police etc) that general people usually rely on.
Its not regular fire you can deal with water. There are different approaches for different fire source

Yes, over time Dhaka has expanded in a rapid rate... more people are living here... more multi-storied buildings are developed, roads getting more crowded and and narrower (local roads). Fire Service and their capabilities to tackle new demand is continuously ignored.

How many fire service station is there compared to 30 years ago (as a comparison)? Did anybody (administration) did any readiness studies and their capability study? Anybody did any study how long it will take for Fire service to come to the spot (any spot in dhaka)?

Are the multi storied building are properly equipped? How often they do readiness drill?

The fire in Boshundhora Mall (5+ years back) should have been a wake up call. But looks like nothing really happened in this matter.
Old February 21, 2019, 12:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ed-citizenship

bangladeshi-british girl that left for ISIS has her citizenship revoked and reentry to britain denied. Thoughts?

I for one feel no sympathy for her. Actions have consequences. Feel bad for her kid though. Whats worse, this means she, her ideology, and a son who will be molded by her, will probably make their way to Bangladesh eventually. Oh joy...
Quote:
Shamima Begum, a British citizen, grew up and radicalized in Britain, went to Syria and joined a jihadi, terrorist group that slaughtered Syrians and Iraqis. This is a British failure to begin with. Why on earth this would now become Bangladesh's problem? They cannot make her stateless which means she is now a Bangladeshi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
fact that her family is bangladeshi means she meets the qualification for BD citizenship. She is not going to be stateless. This is definitely going to be bangladesh's problem eventually, once the process is completed (however long that takes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
In this regard, Bangladesh Government already announced their position:

- Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I agree. The Brits want to pass the buck to Bangladesh who quite rightfully said, Ah ha not out problem matey.

Where are those proud British Sylhetis now who were boasting about their contributions???
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
BD effectively told UK to **** off
I laid all of your posts stitched together, so that they compile above mine. I know it looks long and unpleasant.
Screw Britain for passing the buck to BD (like Fazal mama, Adam bhai and NoName bhai said) and Bravo to BD and BD foreign ministry to say 'Go F Yourself' back!
This Shamima Begum is NOT BD's problem, it never was to begin with! This Begum biatch can go screw herself (OHH she already did) . I do not care how young she was and all that blah blah blah innocent, confused an lost Bullsh!t. She joined ISIS fackers, she herself is a facker!

This ISIS gang, scum, rapists are a bunch of coward hate group thugs! They bully the poor and powerless villagers and rob and rape them. Then when the heat is on them, they run and hide like little burn cottontails in their dirt holes@! The ISIS had been defeated no credit to any western countries, but single handedly to Iran and PKK, the Kurdish fighters! Bravo to them. scum women that join ISIS and gets called ISIS 'brides' should be called ISIS whores. Tough sh!t, life is all about choices. You made the choice, you have GOT to pay the price. This is a fact, in every aspect of life. She was 19, that is OLD enough. This Begum should rot. Now she wants her child to be a BRIt, how convenient - Talking about eating the cake, keeping a piece in the desert and then screwing the baker too...HuuhH!. She wrote twitter facebook whatever to go after US establishments on veteran day, Fourth of July etc. She urged innocents to become terrorists and drive truck into crowd in the US! Now you rot! Biatch, why the US? Because of Israel??? I am sick of this sh!t. What about the facking Russia, what about the Russian Army's state instructed rape mass-murder of the a Chechens, b. Georgians and c. the Azerbaijanis??? What abotu the Chinese government torturing an imprisoning, institutionalizing thousands of the Uighur people???!!!

About this stupid 'Sylhety' Londoni Brit crap, I will not even start. If SportingBD or anyone ever start Brit sylhety hen korenga ten korenga and doing all the great for BD bullsh!t, I will very humbly request mods to take action.

Yankees uncle, she is NOT a BD citizen, no trace, thank God, and she ain't getting jack sh!t support from BD.

I will do an extra prayer namaaz the day I learn that the last fackin ISIS member took his/her last breath and died burned charred!
Old February 21, 2019, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru

The only innocent is the baby that was born, I think the UK should bring the child back and give it for adoption or let it be raised by the grandparents.
Old February 21, 2019, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I will be a super progressive here and I vehemently disagree with the idea of stripping of citizenship.

ISIS is definitely one of the worst evils we have ever witnessed, and they have been rightly described by the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) as the Dogs of Hell Fire. They will be so humiliated in the hereafter that it is the literal belief of mainstream sunni Islam that they will be literally the dogs of hell fire.

Having said this, I must also say that citizenship is a RIGHT and not a privilege. If I am born at place X, no matter what crime I do, I should have the right to come back to that place, because I was born there, and my birth was a circumstance beyond my control. If the state wants to take away its privileges and want to punish this ISIS bride, however they want to punish her, go ahead, but in no way they should deny her the right to come back to her birth place.

The idea of stripping of citizenship is nothing but a right wing demagoguery, and if we claim ourselves to be civilized, we cannot advocate one evil in exchange for another evil.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old February 21, 2019, 01:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
The only innocent is the baby that was born, I think the UK should bring the child back and give it for adoption or let it be raised by the grandparents.
Afterall the grandparents did a tremendous job raising their own daughter.
Old February 21, 2019, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

A non emotional and non knee jerk take on the Shamima incident from Islam21c (a prominent Islamic website based on London)

https://www.islam21c.com/politics/sh...J-LqHBM-rXcdYE

I liked the conclusion:

Quote:
Shamima is by no means the first or the last young person to make a stupid decision at a vulnerable age. She just happens to be the most disposable scapegoat for an ever more sheeple society, theatrical broadcasts and a bungling, dithering government.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Having said this, I must also say that citizenship is a RIGHT and not a privilege. If I am born at place X, no matter what crime I do, I should have the right to come back to that place, because I was born there, and my birth was a circumstance beyond my control. If the state wants to take away its privileges and want to punish this ISIS bride, however they want to punish her, go ahead, but in no way they should deny her the right to come back to her birth place.
I disagree. Citizenship is a privilege. You contribute to the society and economy by your productivity/taxes/hard work/civic duties etc. and in turn you enjoy the benefits of all that through education/infrastructure/cultural engagement and what not.

Citizenship is a duty. But if a person actively tries to work against it then that privilege should be revoked.

Just because someone is born into a particular country doesn't mean he/she can do whatever they please. To be a functioning member of the society, that person should follow that country's laws and justice.

In the above case, that person willingly and voluntarily signed up to harm/kill the people of her country of birth. So that country has every right to abandon her too. Just because she is born in the country doesn't mean that country should take care of her in ALL circumstances including when is actively trying to destroy it.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:26 PM
Cricket Savant

May the Fire victims of Chawkbazaar rest in peace. So, the highly combustible chemicals were kept in a densely inhabited residential building?

One thing guys, we cannot always just flat out blame the a 'corrupt' government or authority for everything. It is not right. I am saying this, because I know that you guys smart.
Few things: It is impossible to increase width of existing roads in Old Dhaka or in any highly dense old historic urban setting anywhere in the world. And especially when a country is very poor and extremely over populated. But you are right, the government (also it's agencies) must be held responsible along with failure to implement 'proper' public safety to its people.

We have a lot of greed and total disrespect for others in Bangladesh (and I do not care what that means in relation to other countries, we are only talking about Bangladesh here, and those people who just died in Chawkbazaar). In order to increase thoroughfares' width, we have to have people who will sacrifice and give away space as setback from their land (which btw are already built and occupied for decades). People are not going to do it, even if RajUK or the Dhaka Municipal Corp enforces (which they won't as they will take bribes instead). Even in the newer parts of Dhaka, in the so called 'upper class' areas of the city, we have newly built buildings with some temporary glamour, but we do not have maintenance plan for them for the next 10 year, let alone 50 year - So after a few years, paint is gone, mildew grew, lights are blown, and gate is stolen or gone!. Thus buildings look like **** in 2 years in Dhaka! MOST people in BD want the most returns with the least investment and everybody wants be rich overnight without any hard work an sacrifice. My family is a great example of that. Everybody in BD wants best road and 4 lanes highways, no traffic jam -BUT do not want pay NO taxes. Most of my relatives cheat taxes! and then when infrastructures fail or does not work, curse at the government.

High density and extreme over population is a major contributor here. Crook enforcement agencies is a major factor here. We, BD is sitting on a major fault-line - one major earthquake will devastate our Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong all! Could cause a major tidal ave after that. We will NOT be able to retrieve rotting dead bodies from rubble for years, let alone rescuing and saving lives! Columbia University did a big study in Dhaka and Buriganga river to understand the soil density and rock formation under the polluted river bed when I myself was studying ecological restoration there about 8-10 years back. I had a thread on that, we had 11 students and 3 professors did the work for over several months there and shared the information and completed report/data with the BD ministry. We won't be able to sustain. This is a grim picture. Maybe and hopefully I am wrong - I am just tired writing all these. It is not going anywhere anymore. Just do what you can do guys, help each other you guys in BC -try to do good for your neighbor and fellow man.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
I agree. The Brits want to pass the buck to Bangladesh who quite rightfully said, Ah ha not out problem matey.

Where are those proud British Sylhetis now who were boasting about their contributions???
This is poor from you Adamsu.
She embarrassed the whole of Bangladesh, not only Sylhetis.

How does this change what sylhetis contribute to bd economy?

Did not expect this from you, to take advantage of a major issue, and have a dig at sylhetis.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

and yeah Shamim is right. to the rest of the world, she is of bangladeshi ethnicty. very few people cares if her grandparents are from Dhaka or Sylhet or Noakhali.

it brought shame to us all.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I disagree. Citizenship is a privilege. .

I agree with you.

Not that I am dis-agreeing, but it raised a question in my mind:

If anyone is stripped his/her citizenship (for valid or invalid reason), where that person goes? Still that person need to find a place to live. Should we send them to MARS?
Old February 21, 2019, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I kinda side with TBF here, what good will it do to not take back Shamima. There is more where that comes from. Stop the source. Go to the root and eradicate it. She's just a footsoldier.

More high level goons wear friendly masks in public while holding steadfast to certain beliefs. Be more wary of them.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

My colleague (who is british/English) said something like UK should get her back, put her into a programme, and potentially she can become like a model to advocate against joining ISS. He said something like this is the problem of UK, and they need to deal with it. Whether they deal with her harshly, she needs to go through proper process. But this kind of thought process is very rare amongst most British people.

The majority of brits, don't want her anywhere near UK.
Old February 21, 2019, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
This is poor from you Adamsu.
She embarrassed the whole of Bangladesh, not only Sylhetis.

How does this change what sylhetis contribute to bd economy?

Did not expect this from you, to take advantage of a major issue, and have a dig at sylhetis.
So now we are in the same boat? We are all Bangladeshi now? No more focusing on Sylhet any more.

Sorry but what is poor dear brother is the British Sylheti attitude and complex which the rest of us no Sylheti Bangladeshis don't appreciate?
Old February 21, 2019, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I kinda side with TBF here, what good will it do to not take back Shamima. There is more where that comes from. Stop the source. Go to the root and eradicate it. She's just a footsoldier.

More high level goons wear friendly masks in public while holding steadfast to certain beliefs. Be more wary of them.
Let me ask you a loaded question.. How do you plan on eradicating it?
Old February 21, 2019, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So now we are in the same boat? We are all Bangladeshi now? No more focusing on Sylhet any more.

Sorry but what is poor dear brother is the British Sylheti attitude and complex which the rest of us no Sylheti Bangladeshis don't appreciate?
Man. This is a Dhaka-Sylhet thing we have always been digging/joking etc with each other. But when it comes to bigger things, we know we are Bangladeshis. This is something within. Outside we are all Bangladeshis, no one gives a rat who is Sylheti or who is Dhakaiya.

The first thing that was trending on twitter was #Bangladeshi. I ****ing felt so embarrassed. My colleagues, friends etc.. they won't come up to me and say hey Sylheti.. they will be like Bangladeshi.. if you still don't get it, I have nothing to say.
Old February 21, 2019, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Tbh if this was a white girl returning the media and people would have been a bit more sympathetic.

But for me regardless, these kind of people should not be allowed back in. I am glad that some of the Asian grooming gangs who were mainly Pakistani (not much surprise there either) were stripped off their British Citizenship. I think they should do it to all paedophiles even the ones that go to Thailand
Old February 21, 2019, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Let me ask you a loaded question.. How do you plan on eradicating it?

^ Starts with being yourself. Speaking your mind. Hitting back. Expose the friendly mask wearing clandestine radical fake intellectuals who don't have your best interests. They will censor when they can't win, but that is only a sign that you are winning.
Old February 21, 2019, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Man. This is a Dhaka-Sylhet thing we have always been digging/joking etc with each other. But when it comes to bigger things, we know we are Bangladeshis. This is something within. Outside we are all Bangladeshis, no one gives a rat who is Sylheti or who is Dhakaiya.

The first thing that was trending on twitter was #Bangladeshi. I ****ing felt so embarrassed. My colleagues, friends etc.. they won't come up to me and say hey Sylheti.. they will be like Bangladeshi.. if you still don't get it, I have nothing to say.
That's the thing. I faced racism first in East London from British Sylhetis, made to feel of a different country. I always thought we are one in joy or suffering but I and my friends were made to feel like outsiders. And btw I never got this from Sylethis in Bangladesh, just the ones in this country.

It's not a joke when you get racism from so called Bangladeshis

I will agree it is shameful for us all.

Last edited by adamnsu; February 21, 2019 at 03:42 PM..
Old February 21, 2019, 04:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
very well said. We are all Bangladeshis at the end of the day. It's okay to have regional pride but overall we should all want what is good for the country overall.
Old February 21, 2019, 04:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Quote:
That's the thing. I faced racism first in East London from British Sylhetis, made to feel of a different country. I always thought we are one in joy or suffering but I and my friends were made to feel like outsiders. And btw I never got this from Sylethis in Bangladesh, just the ones in this country.

It's not a joke when you get racism from so called Bangladeshis

I will agree it is shameful for us all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
very well said. We are all Bangladeshis at the end of the day. It's okay to have regional pride but overall we should all want what is good for the country overall.
Sporting chacchu, I am sorry I was mean and assholish toward you in my long post on the Begum ISOL post. I know you, you are a good man and that was great post. sometimes, I get worked up over excited with anger/frustration and lose it, I am very sorry, you, Roey, Gopal-Zeeshan, Purbasha, Varoone did not deserve the harsh assholish screaming from me. I did wrong by you guys. The damage is already done, I hurt you, belittled you and made you feel bad. A lot of these things you guys write do not mean ill, you guys are joking just like I do half the times here, I should realize that - but I failed to.

This Begum is a shame (as a person of Bangladeshi root) and concern for us all. And I partially agree with Roey, she should be taken custody by SAS or other British SF or Navy. and then get all the information out of her and burn the top and all the rest of ISIS down!

Also guys, citizenship can be stripped off of anyone, fifty generation born or naturalized - all. On high treason, being traitor and being a person of extreme risk to the nation (as enemy of the state) charges by UK and most countries. Even if a country does not have that law in practice at the moment, they can modify, implement and enforce that law if seen viable and needed.
Old February 21, 2019, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I agree with you.

Not that I am dis-agreeing, but it raised a question in my mind:

If anyone is stripped his/her citizenship (for valid or invalid reason), where that person goes? Still that person need to find a place to live. Should we send them to MARS?
Off the coast of Cuba, half a mile away at G-Mo
Old February 21, 2019, 05:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Hey guys,

I just watched a superb discussion on gravitational waves and how they are detected. I thought I'd share it.

It's what's on my mind :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6vV3T4ok8
Old February 24, 2019, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

শাহজালাল বিমানবন্দর: মশার পরান বধিবে কে?

But look at the irony of this comment of the article

Quote:
আপনারা কেন এমনটা ভাবছেন, এমনো তো হতে পারে, কেউ প্যাকেট ভর্তি বা বস্তা ভর্তি করে অন্য দেশ থেকে মশা এই দেশে আনছে। এমনও হতে পারে ঐ মশা অনেক প্রকার জীবাণু নিয়ে আসছে। তবে কেন শুধুমাত্র এরকম মশার উৎপাত বিমানবন্দরে। মানছি আমাদের দেশে গাফিলতি আছে। কিন্তু এটা কি কেউ একেবারে উড়িয়ে দিতে পারবে কি যে, ঐ মশা অন্যদেশ থেকে আনা হচ্ছে না?