facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 23, 2017, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Is e'rrything okay? We seem to have unusually large traffic. Can't seem to locate that thread though to find out what's wrong.
I think it's due to upcoming India test match...

hoping against all hope.. we need to win this to send a message...

Old January 23, 2017, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I think it's due to upcoming India test match...

hoping against all hope.. we need to win this to send a message...
Sorry, couldn't help but notice, what message bhai, if you don't mind me asking?

Khelai toh harjit thakbei er modhhe abar message fessage diye byapar take jotil kore tolar ki dorker?
Old January 23, 2017, 08:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Sorry, couldn't help but notice, what message bhai, if you don't mind me asking?

Khelai toh harjit thakbei er modhhe abar message fessage diye byapar take jotil kore tolar ki dorker?
Because the ICC/Big 3 always needs message to think or act properly..
Old January 23, 2017, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Because the ICC/Big 3 always needs message to think or act properly..
this is too much, you guys are just too emotional, although I think I can relate to this, we were like this during the 90's and early 2000, we too used to built castles of conspiracies out of thin air, dwelling in a victim mindset, when wining became more like a habit all these hyper nationalism started to normalize, most people now learned to take this as just a game, no one cares about Jamodis and bilaterals this days, though ICC cups and matches against Pakistan are still enough to send us to an adrenaline ride,same will happen to BD fans as well, once you start wining more and more matches people will start taking the odd defeats as a part of the game not some supe duper global conspiracy against Bangladesh.

BTW isn't that big 3 thingy already discarded?

PS: This is just my observation, if you in any way find this offensive, let me know, I will delete this post.
Old January 23, 2017, 09:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^we are emotional. But it isn't really about the big 3 or anything. Winning a test match (or even getting close) against India IN INDIA is a huge thing. I don't see any country doing that in the near future.

And we don't believe in global super conspiracy against Bangladesh. Frankly, our team is still very poor (in tests esp away) and we are very much aware of it. But still the heart aches for the David to win against the Goliath. That is the message maybe he alluded to earlier.

While we are on the topic, I am also getting tired of outsiders looking at all BD fans as emotional and whining and painting us all with the same brush. That all Bangladeshis believe in some conspiracies. Truth be told, most BD fans knows where we belong. Go through the recent threads and you will see we call ourselves "minnows" and watching our games "is a waste of time" or "even Afg is better".

Overall, the subcontinent fans are all very emotional. We are no different

finally, welcome and enjoy your stay
Old January 23, 2017, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Gee its hot.
Humid.
In my shorts atm.
Apparently their is a storm later on,maybe thats why.
Just cause we are a western country doesn't mean we don't get really hot days.
The big 3 meh,I think things are changing.
Old January 23, 2017, 10:58 PM
Cricket Guru

This forum becomes an emotional battlefield whenever an India match is involved
Old January 23, 2017, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
this is too much, you guys are just too emotional, although I think I can relate to this, we were like this during the 90's and early 2000, we too used to built castles of conspiracies out of thin air, dwelling in a victim mindset, when wining became more like a habit all these hyper nationalism started to normalize, most people now learned to take this as just a game, no one cares about Jamodis and bilaterals this days, though ICC cups and matches against Pakistan are still enough to send us to an adrenaline ride,same will happen to BD fans as well, once you start wining more and more matches people will start taking the odd defeats as a part of the game not some supe duper global conspiracy against Bangladesh.

BTW isn't that big 3 thingy already discarded?

PS: This is just my observation, if you in any way find this offensive, let me know, I will delete this post

I appreciate your observation, - this is how you think- but that does not mean I agree with what you have said. there is nothing to feel offensive for me, infact this is why we are here to share our different views but as long as it is within the forum rules. However one thing I really wonder about these virtual forums is how people get emotionally involved in spicy disagreements. Also shows quite clearly who are more emotional ones and who gets boiled up with a little bit of instigation...
Old January 24, 2017, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^we are emotional. But it isn't really about the big 3 or anything. Winning a test match (or even getting close) against India IN INDIA is a huge thing. I don't see any country doing that in the near future.

And we don't believe in global super conspiracy against Bangladesh. Frankly, our team is still very poor (in tests esp away) and we are very much aware of it. But still the heart aches for the David to win against the Goliath. That is the message maybe he alluded to earlier.

While we are on the topic, I am also getting tired of outsiders looking at all BD fans as emotional and whining and painting us all with the same brush. That all Bangladeshis believe in some conspiracies. Truth be told, most BD fans knows where we belong. Go through the recent threads and you will see we call ourselves "minnows" and watching our games "is a waste of time" or "even Afg is better".

Overall, the subcontinent fans are all very emotional. We are no different

finally, welcome and enjoy your stay
Thank you for this post brother, nicely balanced and well constructed, I completely agree with you here.

No, you are not a minnow anymore, you are being too humble here, it is clear as daylight that you are the second best subcontinental team across all formats. Those who don't accept that fact are either jealous or Pakistanis
Old January 24, 2017, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I appreciate your observation, - this is how you think- but that does not mean I agree with what you have said. there is nothing to feel offensive for me, infact this is why we are here to share our different views but as long as it is within the forum rules. However one thing I really wonder about these virtual forums is how people get emotionally involved in spicy disagreements. Also shows quite clearly who are more emotional ones and who gets boiled up with a little bit of instigation...
I appreciate your replying me back, you are right, disagreement or differences should not stop us from having a civil discourse

PS: Being emotional is nothing wrong, what is the fun in watching if you are not emotionally attached to the game? however we should not go overboard and let emotions cloud our sanity.
Old January 24, 2017, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

In throwback mood...my mind's been on a trip into the past all day today...to the days when I was a young toddler to my days as a rebel in my first year in high school

How fast time had moved ....
Old January 24, 2017, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Watched "Pan's labyrinth", woke my girlfriend up at 4:00 am in the morning just to tell her how awesome the movie is.

Am I going insane?
Old January 24, 2017, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Watched "Pan's labyrinth", woke my girlfriend up at 4:00 am in the morning just to tell her how awesome the movie is.

Am I going insane?
it depends what she did after you woke her up at 4 am...
Old January 24, 2017, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
it depends what she did after you woke her up at 4 am...
She gave me a mouthful before going back to sleep
Old January 25, 2017, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

So I just found out about Alex Honnold yesterday and realized what the **** am I doing with my life? I mean I don't mean to say I am not climbing and s***. I am talking about in general in life. It's just that people are miles ahead...literally in terms of mastery.

And don't even ****in bring up Tigers into this equation lol. What they do he makes it child's play.
Old January 29, 2017, 10:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Phew! BC is back... that was brutal tbh. It's like being coked out for years and someone pulls the plug by throwing you in a boot camp.
Old January 29, 2017, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Phew! BC is back... that was brutal tbh. It's like being coked out for years and someone pulls the plug by throwing you in a boot camp.
That itself deserved a new thread from you rather than just a post..
Old January 29, 2017, 11:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
That itself deserved a new thread from you rather than just a post..
The emoji at the end kinda makes it sarcastic.
Old January 29, 2017, 11:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

is federer a drama queen for having a cry after every win?
Old January 30, 2017, 01:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
The emoji at the end kinda makes it sarcastic.
what did u think it was?
Old January 30, 2017, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Ahh, BC is back finally, but I ain't see no change, am I missing something? Were all the changes reflected in the backend?
Old January 30, 2017, 01:30 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Ahh, BC is back finally, but I ain't see no change, am I missing something? Were all the changes reflected in the backend?
No the upgrading did not work out the way it was intended and we were forced to go back to the old version.
Old January 30, 2017, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
No the upgrading did not work out the way it was intended and we were forced to go back to the old version.
Ohh, alrighty then, I thought it's only me being too naive to see any changes.

Good luck for the next upgrades, sir
Old January 31, 2017, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

is it just me or now there is ads on BC posts and even at the bottom of the page after the so called update? If that is the case then devs hope BC didn't disguise the update as a way to make ads more prevalent through the site... cos that's just misleading it site users...
Old January 31, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
is it just me or now there is ads on BC posts and even at the bottom of the page after the so called update? If that is the case then devs hope BC didn't disguise the update as a way to make ads more prevalent through the site... cos that's just misleading it site users...
I've noticed them as well.
I have no explanation on how it got here.