facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 27, 2007, 07:02 PM

why are people so obsessed about "rituals" and "traditions" in islam. Shab-e-barat, to shara raat ami namaj kayem korle tomar ki? Allah SWT shob dekhe.

as far as I have read, I agree with BanCricFan.... it is a night of great virtue. And there are a few nights like these, that many arab jamaats do not continue to follow. Often because what we do in BD, Ind, Pak is influenced culturally from Irani Shi'a cultures and traditions.

At the end of the day (or night) what matters is your relationship with Allah, not if its bid'a or not. Namaaj behesht'er chabi.

Old August 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
Street Cricketer

do u have any location for beheshto?..jonab ammark?
Old August 27, 2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim4u
do u have any location for beheshto?..jonab ammark?
try jannah
Old August 27, 2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I like to pray in shab-e-barat. Anyone knows which night it is in Canada?
Today was 14 Sha'ban according to my Athan software, so tonight will be 15th and tomorrow the 15th.
Old August 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
Street Cricketer

and jannah is?
Old August 27, 2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
and jannah is?
Valhalla
Old August 27, 2007, 07:12 PM
Street Cricketer

will u explain a bit, i guess u pose lots of knowledge about it?
Old August 27, 2007, 07:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
just a second ago, you were advising Miraz not to pay any attention to any "Pakistani/Bangali" imams...and now you're jumping by a guy on the box?!

I once heard a Wahabi Bangali "imam" claimimg more knowledge than Al-Ghazzali!
Maybe its him on the box...

Well I don’t think anything is going to change your mind, so I probably going to stop now. I understand its embarrassing for you to accept what I am saying since you have opened this thread about celebrating shab-e-barat where it doesn’t exist in Islam religion. And i am not blaming you, the society that we have grown up in gave us lots misconception about this religion. Anyway enough said, but next time BanCricFan, if you are trying to disprove something, attack the words of the speaker with your facts instead of lame attacks on the speaker himself. Because that is just rude and only succeeds to show the lack of intellegence on your part.
Old August 27, 2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
will u explain a bit, i guess u pose lots of knowledge about it?
Pretend you're a viking, go wage war, die... and you'll be there. ...from my limited knowledge
Old August 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Pretend you're a viking, go wage war, die... and you'll be there. ...from my limited knowledge
Hehehehe....

ammark তুলনাহীন
Old August 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Today was 14 Sha'ban according to my Athan software, so tonight will be 15th and tomorrow the 15th.
Thanks ammark.
Old August 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
you are referring to valhalla. the american indians call it the happy hunting ground.
Old August 27, 2007, 07:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Could they be run by the Wahabis/salafis??

Read "Ihya-uloom-ud-deen" by Imam Al-Ghazzali and the chapter of "nisf-us-sha'ban" or 15th of Sha'ban.
in michigan there are large number of shia actually...as most of the muslims there are lebenese and iraqi immigrants.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 27, 2007, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu

AF, what you think?
first of all, i am no a'lim (scholar). i like to pick up things from here and there and then using my own brain decide if i believe in it or not (which is what everyone does anyways).

what i believe is that shaban is a special month as oppossed to say february or rabi ul awwal. this might be because of its proximity to ramadan but who knows.

as far as the 15th of shaban being a day that decided your fate for the next year, i highly doubt this.

there are hadith from sahih al bukhari which states that allah has already gotten a knowledge of our entire life which is written down before we are born. this would completely negate shab e boraat, if true. this is not to say allah chooses our actions for us and we have no control. he is ominiscent; he knows all. this means he knows what actions we will choose for ourselves and writes that down as history.

however, i have also heard that allah can and does rarely change the destiny of people from time to time.

given these complex and often contradictory items, i have over time began to develop a skepticism of the body of scripture we today call the "hadith and sunnah." all muslims agree that only the quran is of 100% accuracy and truth. but even if 99% of the hadith is true, that 1% uncertainty is always lurking in my mind. thus i use a principle by which i analyze a hadith and if it is out of synch with the quran then i disregard it.

so far, i have not personally come across anything in any literature i have read about the fatalism of the 15th of shaban. of course i am not extremely well read by any standard of the phrase either. but even supposing its existence, i would not know what to do with it because it doesn't actually contradict anything in the quran nor is it backed up by the quran.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 27, 2007, 08:06 PM
Cricket Sage

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ad.php?t=45029

the pakpassion discussion on shab e boraat...apparently some of them believe in it too.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Tokhon:

1. Gather in my grandpa's big house - main target grandma's chaler atar ruti and shuji, booter halua etc.
2. Showers and prayer for Magrib in Jamaat at nearby mosque
3. Coming back, start tasbih
4. Have vurivoj
5. Go back for Isha Jamaat
6. Start Nafl 20 rakkat reluctantly
7. Start para berano with Tarabati
8. Pray for Bitr
9 Almost time to fazr so head to the graveyard to pray for the near and dear ones who left - its full of fakir, shadhu and musollis
10. Pray Fazr and go to sleep
11. Wake up to have more of the halua-ruti - freely give away to people at your door

Ekhon:

Log in to Banglacricket.com and suddenly find out there is a thread which is claiming that Shab e Barat has already past yesterday, another Eid is coming and be ready to go to office as usual if a work day.
Old August 27, 2007, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

will pray some extra rakat tonight inshAllah.... praying for Bangladesh and all its people....
Old August 28, 2007, 01:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
enlighten us.... why is it wrong?

Celebrating Shab-e-Barat:

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad(saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

No person who ever walked on this planet earth worshipped Allah Subhanah better than the person of the noble Messenger of Allah, Mohamed ar-Rasool Allah (saws)! And there is absolutely no evidence in the Quran and Sunnah that the Messenger of Allah (saws) celebrated the night of 15th Shabaan in a special way, or commanded that the believers treat this night as superior or different than any other night of the year. And if Allah and His Messenger (saws) did not command the believers to celebrate this night in a special way; it does not behove the believers who sincerely believe in Allah and the Last Day, to innovate a new ritual in the deen approved by Allah Subhanah and practiced by the noble Messenger of Allah (saws). Whoever introduces or follows any innovation in the deen of Islam will be guilty of the heinous sin of ‘bidah’!!!

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4515 Narrated by Ali ibn AbuTalib
That the Prophet of Allah (saws) said: “If anyone introduces an innovation (in religion), he will be responsible for it. If anyone introduces an innovation or gives shelter to a man who introduces an innovation (in religion), he is cursed by Allah, by His angels, and by all the people.”

Sahih Muslim Hadith 1885 Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah
That the Prophet of Allah (saws) said in a sermon: “The best speech is that which is embodied in the Book of Allah, the Al Quran; and the best guidance is the guidance given by me, Mohamed (saws). The most evil affairs are the innovations, and every innovation is an error.”

Why People Celebrate Shab-e-Barat?

There is absolutely no evidence in the Quran and Sunnah that the 15th of Shabaan is a night superior to any other night of the year, or that it has to be celebrated in a particular manner. And if Allah and His Messenger (saws) have not approved of the celebration of this particular night, it does not matter in the least who introduced this innovation, or how many billions of people follow this innovation, or for how many thousands of years this night has been celebrated: it still remains an innovation, and as with all innovations in the deen of Islam, it must be immediately rejected by the believers who sincerely believe in Allah and the Last Day.

The criteria for something being right and wrong is not how many people do a deed, or for how many years the deed has been in circulation; but the one and only criteria for the believers has to be the approval of the deed from the Quran and Sunnah. This exact argument that a deed was right just because it was being followed for thousands of years since the time of their forefathers was used by the pagans to justify their ways of shirk and disbelief has been unequivocally refuted and dispelled by Allah Subhanah Himself several times in the Glorious Quran!

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Baqarah verse 170-171:When it is said to them, “Follow the Commands that Allah has sent down”, they reply, “We will follow only what we found our forefathers practising.” Well, will they go on following their forefathers even though they did not use common sense and did not find the Right Way! The mental condition of those who rejected the way of Allah may be likened to that of the cattle whom the shepherd calls but they hear nothing except the sound of shouts and cries. They are deaf, they are dumb, they are blind; therefore they do not understand anything.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 31 Surah Luqman verse 21:And when it is said to them, “Follow what Allah has sent down”, they say, “We shall only follow that upon which we found our forefathers.” What! Will they still be following them even if Shaitaan had been calling them to the raging Fire?

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 34 Surah Saba verse 43:When Our clear Revelations are recited to these people, they say, “This person only wants to turn you away from those deities whom your forefathers have been worshipping.”

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 43 Surah Zukhruf verse 22-25:Nay! But they say, “We found our forefathers on a way and we are only walking in their footsteps.” Even so, whenever before you We sent a warner to a habitation, its people of means said, “We have found our forefathers on a way and we are only following in their footsteps.” Every Prophet asked them, “Will you still go on following the same old way even if I guide you to a more right way than that you found your forefathers following?” They replied, “We disbelieve the religion with which you have been sent.” Consequently, We took vengeance on them. Just consider what was the end of those who denied.

Allah and His Messenger (saws) have denied to give this night any more importance than any other night of the year; thus it does not matter if the whole world celebrates this night in a special manner, it will always remain an innovation!!

Just imagine if the same be said about the celebrations of Christmas or Diwali or any other pagan celebrations; that they are right just because they have been celebrated for thousands of years! Will that argument make these celebrations legal in the sight of Allah Subhanah???

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Source: http://islamhelpline.com
Old August 28, 2007, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
sunny, a scholar from Saudi is not necessarily the most knowledgeable scholar of Islam.
yes thats quiet true a good point there.
Old August 28, 2007, 03:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Oh, let us also not forget those who have passed away! May Allah shows mercy to them and grant them Jannah! Ameen!
Ameen
Old August 28, 2007, 03:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutul

Celebrating Shab-e-Barat:

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, ...........................the Only Source of Strength.

Source: http://islamhelpline.com

Thank you very much, Tutul bhai. You have done a great job. Actually there is no Shabe Barat, I knew that before, but didn't say that first because I didn't have the patience like you to search all those supporting materials, and present it in the forum.

Another thing, Although there is no Shabe Barat absolutely, still people should perform ibadah on this day. Because the 13, 14, and 15th of any lunar month if full of blessings.
Old August 28, 2007, 03:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
first of all, i am no a'lim (scholar). i like to pick up things from here and there and then using my own brain decide if i believe in it or not (which ..........................up by the quran.
Ditto al Furqan Bhai.
Old August 28, 2007, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyctg
Well I don’t think anything is going to change your mind, so I probably going to stop now. I understand its embarrassing for you to accept what I am saying since you have opened this thread about celebrating shab-e-barat where it doesn’t exist in Islam religion. And i am not blaming you, the society that we have grown up in gave us lots misconception about this religion. Anyway enough said, but next time BanCricFan, if you are trying to disprove something, attack the words of the speaker with your facts instead of lame attacks on the speaker himself. Because that is just rude and only succeeds to show the lack of intellegence on your part.
sunny, little knowledge is dangerous

where do you think the idea of haj, fasting and proskynesis come from?

for centuries, bedouin arabs would be circumambulating around numerous holy houses like the kaba littered around arabia. there are around five of these huts mentioned in thamudic inscriptions and safaitic graffitti gave geographical details of three. lihayanite inscription also pinpoints one such holy house. since we are still working on deciphering new tablets and graffities found in arabia, and in some case still seperating the vowels from consonants, there might be many more found. so it would appear that the circumambulation of the kaba is actually an arab custom from pre-islamic times with it being first mentioned arond 2nd century BC.

fasting, where does it come from? in judaic and christian tradition fasting is also prevalent. the quran mentions the 'hanif', who were believers of one god before islam came about. sirat al rasul allah, muhammad's first biography mentions one hanif who was different from christians or jews. according to patricia crone, m j kister and some recent research on the notion of the hanif, fasting was widespread within the hanifs. so again, this custom pre-dates islam.

proskynesis, call it prayer through prosthetics or whatever had its origin in persian zoroastrianism as well as sects of the early christian church. most animistic religions from ancient arabia, particularly the worship of the gods baal and dusara, as well as the three daughters of allah invocated rituals that are very similar to the islamic prayer.

all of the above had been incorporated with the islamic tradition of interpretation. the quran does not specify the exact rituals but talks about the importance of them. the ulema settled on the ways of praying, how to go about performing rituals and the rest of the shariya through their 'interpretation' of muhammad's own example. throughout the centuries there had been many additions to these rituals wherever islam spead its wings. many ulema made a living out of propounding theories of rituals.

there are many elements of islam that have foreign origins. abdul wahab, the great theological patriarch of modern saudi arabia was heavily influenced by a number of earlier traditionalists as well as waliullah dihlawi from india. wahab wanted to purify islam of its sufi, ashari and kalam based medieval past. this idea would have grounded to a halt or remained a theory unless a certain tribal chief showed him patronage. thus ibn saud realised that his political ambitions would have much greater influence on arabs if it was wrapped in the cloak of islam. besides, the tribesman had given up islam and reverted to their muruuwa based religion by the sixteenth century anyway. so wahabism became a political cause. the arabs saw the mawala, or non arabian muslims as lesser mortals, in fact, pan arabism propounded the same principle but from the different vantage point. this also accounts for the fact that arabs generally look down upon all other muslims wherever they come from.
Old August 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
MashAllah, words here very enlightening..wish all the best..on this Blessed Nite, during Ramdhan, n the rest of the years to come!
God Bless
Same to u 2. May Allah Bless You
Old August 28, 2007, 07:52 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

OK, next question: all the imam's in Bangladesh recites some (what they call) Hadiths that are related to shab-e-barat. Where did those came from?

Another similar thing is called 'Milad'. A very famous thing in Bangladesh but muslims here does not recognize it. What you guys think about Milad?