facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 28, 2013, 12:41 AM

So my buddy in Dhaka tells me he got Link3 Fibre to the Home for Tk.1000 installation charge.

and the rate plans are as such:

1mbps unlimited is tk.1400 per month
1.5 mbps unlimited tk.2000
2mbps unlimited is tk.3500

I'm actually jealous/annoyed.... last year I was going through too much pain getting a decent internet connection that wouldnt rip me off big time. Agni had good speed, but horrible quota. I fought pretty hard to get Banglalion Wimax indoor modem and set that up which my mother now uses. I gave up 512kbps of bandwidth for higher latency but I got unlimited upload and download which is must for skype.

Now that link3 is offering this, I will take this up next time I am back in Bangladesh.

Old March 30, 2013, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

I might be trying Zoom Ultra next. Any opinions on Zoom?
Old March 30, 2013, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

^^ it partly depends on where you are staying and the signal strength, if you plan to stay near, dhanmondi-mdpur, mirpur or gulshan and so on areas you can go for either OLLO or iconnect wireless connections. as they are relatively new so you can get more than your quota speed and promotional offers...
Old March 30, 2013, 06:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Even though I don't use Zoom anymore, and I have tried most of the mainstream internet services, I think they are the most consistent with speed & performance.
Old April 1, 2013, 01:07 AM
MLC World Series I

What are the monthly charges for a 4mpbs and a 6mbps connection in Bangladesh? Anyone?
Old October 4, 2013, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
So my buddy in Dhaka tells me he got Link3 Fibre to the Home for Tk.1000 installation charge.

and the rate plans are as such:

1mbps unlimited is tk.1400 per month
1.5 mbps unlimited tk.2000
2mbps unlimited is tk.3500

I'm actually jealous/annoyed.... last year I was going through too much pain getting a decent internet connection that wouldnt rip me off big time. Agni had good speed, but horrible quota. I fought pretty hard to get Banglalion Wimax indoor modem and set that up which my mother now uses. I gave up 512kbps of bandwidth for higher latency but I got unlimited upload and download which is must for skype.

Now that link3 is offering this, I will take this up next time I am back in Bangladesh.
That sounds good. Thinking of getting that for my in-laws then.

Btw, I found mobile internet to still be rubbish. BanglaLink, GP, Airtel - it's very difficult to get APN settings. They each have numbers you can dial to get it sent to your phone,but never come through! Once you set up the APN manually, getting a good signal is next biggest challenge. In one area, you get net, in another are you don't! And, speeds are like 2kbps download.

Whos' the best network for good net speeds these days and how much does it cost ?