facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 30, 2012, 01:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Bellagio was great. Has anyone tried 'Mainland China' the revolving restaurant in Uttara?

Old May 30, 2012, 01:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Has anyone tried Bellagio in dhaka? Zunaid uncle if you are looking for fine dining in dhaka which may make you feel like it hit your wallet then you need to go there. Another place which is pretty expensive is Izumi, which is a sushi place.

Bellagio bd : http://www.bellagio.com.bd

izumi : http://www.izumidhaka.com/menu.html
Thanks.

Bellagio looks interesting. Would the food compare to a top-class dining experience or just good? The fact that they advertize their chef must mean something. I've heard of Bonnety (Chef de cuisine) before (He was/is at the Raffles Hotel and other places). Is he really based in Dhaka or does he a have a part time gig here? It seems to have the right provenance - perhaps once place I should not go until I can take my better 1/2 there.

About Izumi - how would it compare with other Japanese places outside of Dhaka?
Old May 30, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Savant

I like how boss 'grills' people with a barrage of questions. I am still chalking up a answer for the Flambee one.

I am sure you tried Spitfire, and got sick of it. But still a top one imo.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I like how boss 'grills' people with a barrage of questions. I am still chalking up a answer for the Flambee one.

I am sure you tried Spitfire, and got sick of it. But still a top one imo.
I left the country before eating out (other than in Chinese restaurants) was a big thing. They ere just starting to open up a few non-deshi Chiense places. You had a couple of Italian, Korean and Thai places (all mostly around Kemal Ataturk). That's about all.
Old May 30, 2012, 02:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I left the country before eating out (other than in Chinese restaurants) was a big thing. They ere just starting to open up a few non-deshi Chiense places. You had a couple of Italian, Korean and Thai places (all mostly around Kemal Ataturk). That's about all.
Yeah Spitfire is good. You could always try Baton Rouge on top of Pink City with like 80000 item buffet menu for dunno how much.

Ok...500 items i think.

"i dive into that buffay, bellyflop and jackknife"
Old May 30, 2012, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Yeah Spitfire is good. You could always try Baton Rouge on top of Pink City with like 80000 item buffet menu for dunno how much.

Ok...500 items i think.

"i dive into that buffay, bellyflop and jackknife"
Spitfire is good for what?

Any restaurant that has more than 20 things on the menu is no good. They are reheating previously cooked crap or mixing pre-cooked protein A, with pre-made sauce B, with pre-made vegetables C. Why do you think most Indian Buffets in the US look and taste the same. The same goes for most Chindeshi restaurants in Bangladesh.
Old May 30, 2012, 02:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Spitfire is good for what?

Any restaurant that has more than 20 things on the menu is no good. They are reheating previously cooked crap or mixing pre-cooked protein A, with pre-made sauce B, with pre-made vegetables C. Why do you think most Indian Buffets in the US look and taste the same. The same goes for most Chindeshi restaurants in Bangladesh.
+1 to that! That place is totally overrated. Almost as overrated as Md. "exquisite timing/quality test opener" Kohlimuddin. Perfect for those who like to abuse meat for a variety of reasons I'd rather not get into.

Saltz, the seafood joint on the other hand ain't half bad.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 30, 2012, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Indonesian Rupiah. Enjoying the variation on the "yo' mama" jousting BTW, except it's all directed at the same dude from multiple keyboards.
in your honor, i am opening a new thread....

btw, that wazfia connection was more fitting for you than zunaid, but the problem is you dont tip that well lol.... so i didnt think it would be a challenge to climb your mountain.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Thanks.

Bellagio looks interesting. Would the food compare to a top-class dining experience or just good? The fact that they advertize their chef must mean something. I've heard of Bonnety (Chef de cuisine) before (He was/is at the Raffles Hotel and other places). Is he really based in Dhaka or does he a have a part time gig here? It seems to have the right provenance - perhaps once place I should not go until I can take my better 1/2 there.

About Izumi - how would it compare with other Japanese places outside of Dhaka?
I have not personally dined at either of the two but I know of them because I know the owners of both. Based on the what I know of the owners they would not advertise falsely and you should get what they are advertising. I will try them both out when I go to dhaka in August. I have heard from third party's ie friends of mine who have dined there that the food at both those places are excellent. Maybe you can try them out in JUne and post your experience here.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

So many places to try in my next visit to Dhaka. Most of the places I see here are in Gulshan and Banani. Unfortunately I went to very few of these places there. But last time I went to this Shawrma place in Gulshan but I forgot the name. The ambiance and service was good and food was okay.

Anyway, how about another thread that discusses top food outside of Dhaka?