facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 20, 2017, 04:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^Why should Nasir bat below Riyad? Especially when Nasir's the one in form with the bat.

#NasirbeforeRiyad

Old April 20, 2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I was being historical. I know of the quality of the new age BD team.

I was, however, going back to the beginning of time to now.

So, please understand the context from where I made that statement, I wanted info

Thank you
I was trying to avoid that "historical era" for good reason, you know!
Old April 20, 2017, 04:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I was trying to avoid that "historical era" for good reason, you know!
Kool bro It's good that we're actually discussing this and what not. Healthy convos

Since we are in a Nasir instead of Miraz thread, I think we should be smart in the way we utilized these two players, since Miraz is also part of the test setup, he should be used as a weapon on spin friendly wickets in ODIs. He'll be a handful, whereas Nasir can put in the tight bowling on wickets that are not conducive to spin.

Or we can have both of them in the team as they are both terrific fielders. Win-Win
Old April 20, 2017, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Nasir over Imrul or Sanjamul.
Imrul should bat at 3, drop sabbir down and what's the use of Ullah

Imrul>>mahmadullah

Old April 20, 2017, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
^^Why should Nasir bat below Riyad? Especially when Nasir's the one in form with the bat.

#NasirbeforeRiyad
Riyad in better form in DPL than Nasir. If you're talking about DPL form - Mahmudullah auto choice. Nonetheless, Mahmudullah will be in the starting XI, Nasir may play ahead of Mosaddek, depending on the practice match performance of Mosa and his game vs seam/swing.
Old April 20, 2017, 05:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Nasir played wc 15 in aus n nz.. and didn't do well with the bat.
You bring up records of 2 years ago.
How can you be not sure if Nasir has improved his skills in last 2 years?
Based on your reasoning Ryad should still play as he scored two hundreds in 2015.
What about current form/perfprmanc ?
Old April 20, 2017, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I might go with RBX (Rubel) in place of Taskin ....it does looks an awesome squad indeed.
Taskin is expensive from the start, but he brings brake through from the last overs when bd needs it .. also his bowling on the death, especially Yorkers is handy.
Rubel sometimes unstoppable, sometimes unwatchable... he does bowl lots of loosy from the beginning... so it's a gamble now... but I think in Ireland will be a good test for him , and against Ind , Pak practice matches... ya let's see.
Old April 20, 2017, 08:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Nasir played wc 15 in aus n nz.. and didn't do well with the bat.
I searched World Cup to include Australia and NZ on statsguru and it said he played 3 matches, 2 innings. Average was only 23 but his strike rate was 112, highest score was 35. Do you really think this is a substantial amount of matches to base how well a player plays in particular conditions or countries? He batted at #8 both innings.
Old April 20, 2017, 08:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Riyad in better form in DPL than Nasir. If you're talking about DPL form - Mahmudullah auto choice. Nonetheless, Mahmudullah will be in the starting XI, Nasir may play ahead of Mosaddek, depending on the practice match performance of Mosa and his game vs seam/swing.
Debatable, nasir is yet to get out: 106*, 41*, 15*

Not saying riyad isn't playing well: 59, 77, 49*

But don't think it's fair to say riyad is in better form, at worst they are as equally as in form as each other, but that 106* from nasir probably just gets him over the line imo.
Old April 20, 2017, 08:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

is Nasir in good form?
Old April 20, 2017, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Ridiculous suggestion.
Old April 20, 2017, 10:34 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Miraz= Offie who can bat
Riyad= Finisher who can bowl and bat in different positions
Nasir= Middle order batsman who can bowl

I dont see how Nasir replaces any of them. His bowling isnt good enough to replace Miraz and his batting at no.8 wouldnt do jack to the team unless on a losing cause. He isnt half the finisher Riyad is and the proof is in Riyads T20 career in last 2 years. Riyad can also go back to batting at no.3 if Sabbir fails but Nasir at.3 would be a huge gamble. He can only replace Mosaddek but one wouldnt drop Mosaddek for Nasir. Despite his success in domestics, I dont see a place for him at the moment. If I were him, I would focus on T20 and Test because its easier to crack into those sides compared to ODI.
Old April 20, 2017, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Miraz= Offie who can bat

I dont see how Nasir replaces any of them. His bowling isnt good enough to replace Miraz and his batting at no.8 wouldnt do jack to the team unless on a losing cause. He isnt half the finisher Riyad is and the proof is in Riyads T20 career in last 2 years. Riyad can also go back to batting at no.3 if Sabbir fails but Nasir at.3 would be a huge gamble. He can only replace Mosaddek but one wouldnt drop Mosaddek for Nasir. Despite his success in domestics, I dont see a place for him at the moment. If I were him, I would focus on T20 and Test because its easier to crack into those sides compared to ODI.
Nasir proved to be a very good finisher for BD, in domestics he's batting up at 4 and is playing very crucial innings' as well as finishing off matches, his bowling is better than Riyad's especially in the shorter formats, he's a better fielder than riyad. Just to add nasir has a higher ODI strike rate than riyad, even at the lower order, over the last 2 years Riyad's strike rate is slightly higher than nasir's career strike rate, yes he's improved it batting lower down but he's only batted between 5-7 4 times in the last couple of years and I'd say his average totally makes his strike rate irrelevant. Batting at 3 Riyad's strike rate is 55, at 4 its 77 (last 2 years) and yet again a very poor average.

Most importantly riyad has failed over the last 2 years in the ODI team so his t20 exploits become mute, whether it be as a finisher or batting higher up at 3/4.
Old April 20, 2017, 11:31 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Miraz= Offie who can bat

Ryad and Nasir both played as Finishers. The difference is Ryad choked on two huge occasions which undermined the many games he did help us win.
Old April 21, 2017, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Besides Shakib we dont have a proper spinner in the team and Mehedi fills that void comfortably. Mehedi is the spinner we need in the team. Yes Nasir is definitely a much proven bat but i'd rather invest in a bowling allrounder atm than a batting one. Nasir's bowling is run containing but he is not a genuine wicket taking bowler.
Old April 21, 2017, 01:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Besides Shakib we dont have a proper spinner in the team and Mehedi fills that void comfortably. Mehedi is the spinner we need in the team. Yes Nasir is definitely a much proven bat but i'd rather invest in a bowling allrounder atm than a batting one. Nasir's bowling is run containing but he is not a genuine wicket taking bowler.
True about nasir's bowling but in my mind he'd be taking riyad's spot so the bowling gets strengthened with nasir, plus I'm not ready to rely on Miraz's batting and add another bowling allrounder, that makes the batting a little weaker.
Old April 21, 2017, 02:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Even over the last 2 years nasir's strike rate is better, average is similar and nasir was much more in and out if the team which would've made it tougher for him to be consistent.
Old April 21, 2017, 02:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Nasir is a useless bits and pieces cricketer. He's neither a bowler nor a batsman and obviously he's far from being an all-rounder.

It'll be a total disaster if BC favourite Nasir somehow manages to become a part of the starting 11.

He bats like a tailender and bowls like a part timer. That's how bad he is.
Old April 21, 2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Ryad and Nasir both played as Finishers. The difference is Ryad choked on two huge occasions which undermined the many games he did help us win.
Ash won us some great games 5-10 years ago... and the point is?
if we consider the past performance, Nasir wouldve been the vice captain of the team right now and in line to be the next captain... Pity he cant even make the squad anymore
Old April 21, 2017, 02:29 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Ash won us some great games 5-10 years ago... and the point is?
if we consider the past performance, Nasir wouldve been the vice captain of the team right now and in line to be the next captain... Pity he cant even make the squad anymore
You said you don't understand how Nasir can replace Ryad, I am telling you he can because Nasir has played in the finisher position for BD before.
Old April 21, 2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Nasir proved to be a very good finisher for BD, in domestics he's batting up at 4 and is playing very crucial innings' as well as finishing off matches, his bowling is better than Riyad's especially in the shorter formats, he's a better fielder than riyad. Just to add nasir has a higher ODI strike rate than riyad, even at the lower order, over the last 2 years Riyad's strike rate is slightly higher than nasir's career strike rate, yes he's improved it batting lower down but he's only batted between 5-7 4 times in the last couple of years and I'd say his average totally makes his strike rate irrelevant. Batting at 3 Riyad's strike rate is 55, at 4 its 77 (last 2 years) and yet again a very poor average.

Most importantly riyad has failed over the last 2 years in the ODI team so his t20 exploits become mute, whether it be as a finisher or batting higher up at 3/4.
Nasir didnt prove he is a good finisher. He showed that he could be one. Too bad he got lost in that development phase. I dont even think Riyad has proven himself as a finisher either. But at the moment, he is a far better candidate for that role then Nasir. Tough to compare Riyads stats as he batted all over the place. Even in the last 2 years he batted 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 i think.

Anyways, I am waiting for Nasir to comeback and play finishers role in the Tri series... the reality check u guys are gonna get will be worth a watch. A utility player not a finisher... not even close
Old April 21, 2017, 02:36 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Nasir didnt prove he is a good finisher. He showed that he could be one. Too bad he got lost in that development phase. I dont even think Riyad has proven himself as a finisher either. But at the moment, he is a far better candidate for that role then Nasir. Tough to compare Riyads stats as he batted all over the place. Even in the last 2 years he batted 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 i think.

Anyways, I am waiting for Nasir to comeback and play finishers role in the Tri series... the reality check u guys are gonna get will be worth a watch. A utility player not a finisher... not even close
What is the worse he could do? Lose us a semi final vs India or a Final vs Pakistan?
Ryad has already managed that
Old April 21, 2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
You said you don't understand how Nasir can replace Ryad, I am telling you he can because Nasir has played in the finisher position for BD before.
in which he failed the last few times he played. Lets not make him a finisher based on his early odd successes.
Old April 21, 2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
What is the worse he could do? Lose us a semi final vs India or a Final vs Pakistan?
Ryad has already managed that
your judgment is blurred by your inability to move on from the past. The same Riyad won us a WC game in Australia against England and again during the 2nd ODI against England in 2016. Which one is more recent? you do the math
Old April 21, 2017, 02:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
your judgment is blurred by your inability to move on from the past. The same Riyad won us a WC game in Australia against England and again during the 2nd ODI against England in 2016. Which one is more recent? you do the math
With Ryad you know exactly what you are gonna get. His heroics in WC 2015 came in the top order and at that time i really felt he went up a level in terms of batting. But since then what did we get other than mediocrity? In t20 he has been very good but ODIs and Tests not so much. He is the batting equivalent of Shafiul. Was mediocre before WC 2015 and has been mediocre after WC 2015.

As for Nasir, we don't know how he will do in international cricket after being away from it. What we do know is that he is scoring runs in our dudh vaat domestics including double centuries and he has always scored runs at a good pace in ODI cricket.

Lets say we need 11 runs off 6 balls in the last over in a Champions trophy game.. will you put money on Ryad? I wouldn't.