facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 1, 2019, 10:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Stock of the day

Provided iDumb's Fiancial News thread being too analytical and more descriptive I felt the urge to create a separate thread for all those Wall Street Whiz, Quants and Investing Gurus who frequent BC, to provide us laymen a daily short dose.

My stock of the day: FLXN (NASDAQ)

Old March 1, 2019, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Wrong forum may be?

Oil related stocks. Global recession in two years or sooner. 3/1/2019.
Old March 1, 2019, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Wrong forum may be?

Oil related stocks. Global recession in two years or sooner. 3/1/2019.
Thanks, need Mods to move it to FC, somehow I messed it up.
Old March 1, 2019, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

My choice went through a topsy-turvy day altogether, midday it actually went -ve but as the day approaching to close it is well above 3.2% that means if someone invested 100K in the morning could bag 3K profit in the afternoon, go home, pack for vacationing next few days.
Old March 2, 2019, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

very good thread, very good idea but not for this forum. Also you need to give us more than just a ticker symbol. A bit of background and what's about to happen in the company. Why is the stock having such a movement all of a sudden?

your 100K stock purchase can go very wrong to where u may buy intraday high and then start losing money to negative. But you are talking day trading so....
Old March 2, 2019, 05:11 PM
Cricket Sage

^I will try, thanks for your comment. But I would like to keep it simple here. As you can grab all info from net using the ticker. Though a brief intro won’t hurt. FLXN is a healthcare stock and it is rated high for chances of tripling or quadrupling in next few years.
Old March 4, 2019, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Today I am going to watch MDB.

MDB is the new nosql database on the rise of IoT, Big Data and AI. There is little doubt this company will continue to grow as a backend support for such a large industry.
Old March 4, 2019, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

I am starting to like this thread. Interesting names thrown out so far. Not bad choices
Old March 4, 2019, 02:57 PM
Cricket Sage

A very fluctuating, unstable day. My pick MDB is -ve but I am sure it would bounce back before week ends.
Old March 4, 2019, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
A very fluctuating, unstable day. My pick MDB is -ve but I am sure it would bounce back before week ends.
I have a question. This Company had a deficit of 286 million in total shareholders equity in 2017, prior to the IPO. Do you think the Management took a easy way out? Shareholders equity is +193 million in 2018. Usually companies have IPO, when they are doing well, and I don't think it's common to see Company IPO with such a large deficit? I maybe wrong though.

Don't know much about this stock. Just had a brief look.
The question that came to my mind is.. can investors trust the management to deliver?
Old March 4, 2019, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I have a question. This Company had a deficit of 286 million
once you start asking tough questions and trying to analyze a company and what its worth (everyone should be doing this prior to buying,shorting, trading or even entertainingt the thought it) - "stock of the day" loses its glamor. It becomes WORK. Hard work and u wanna get paid for it at the end of the day.

thats why i hate reading posts where ppl throw 10 different stock ticker.. often times they don't even know what some of the companies do.

I rather talk about 1 stock for a week.. dissect it in and out.. and then after all that .. decide if it's worth going for it.

Anyways, this year , i will be trying to time some LYFT stock purchase when they go IPO soon.. can't wait. UBER despite all that hope never ipoed for me in time.. it's too mature now.

I am still having hard time understanding the price movements of one world's stock and that's where I get flustered. Companies shouldn't move 7% either way without a reason. But it's a good growth sector they are in.. apparently growing each quarter over quarter and probably maybe at some point be a buy out candidate. It would take me at least a week of intense research to fully understand a company. Too time consuming that's why i don't like new companies than those i am already familiar with - where u find opportunieties very frquently anyway.
Old March 4, 2019, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Yeah. That's one of the reason, I don't comment on stocks here. Coming from work, analysing 10-15 stocks every day for clients is boring enough. The positive side is, you pick up some skills. For example, I can briefly look at a company, and know, if it's a good company or not, you get a snapshot of the Company. You know what questions to ask, or what to look for. Of course, I agree, you need to analyse more in depth. But with experience of analysing stocks like 4 years now, you just know.
Old March 4, 2019, 06:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Well MDB lost its galor after Amazon started to compete with DocumentDB and Lyft became full client of that new venture. It was a big shock for investors but the way I look at it, MDB still has the potential to pull off that 400 million deficit and go beyond because of the open-source nature of it. But, experts suggest for that it has to do something similar like what Red Hat did going under IBM.

I did not expect much analysis in this thread and I am not a big expert on this thing, may be some comments/tips in case you are familiar with the ticker, but thanks to both of you for taking your time and contributing your opinions.

Also if any member reading, please be vigilant. This thread is not for a direct investment suggestion nor it will be. My idea is to get familiar with the ticker and monitor the pattern for potential. So unless you won a lottery or possess excessive ancestral fortune, or if you are new to investing, do not make any decisions based on these posts, use your own judgment.
Old March 5, 2019, 01:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Sometimes if you are into IT you may become intuitive about certain technology stocks which may not look so promising in the beginning.

As I expected, we are on latter part of the day, already MDB bounced back well enough.
Old March 6, 2019, 12:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Monitoring BABA (NYSE)

On a bad day like this, this Chinese equivalent of GOOG is still going very strong, actually I have not seen it go -ve for last 4-5 weeks when I started monitoring market after a long break.
Old March 6, 2019, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

A few hours ago I saw an ad on TV showing Vodka stocks at $10/stock share.

Thought I'd share it here.
Old March 6, 2019, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
A few hours ago I saw an ad on TV showing Vodka stocks at $10/stock share.

Thought I'd share it here.

Not sure about companies those produce alcoholic beverage, never researched those. Long back I looked PepsiCo but don’t know how it is doing these days. If anybody looking to make quick money there are certain marijuana stocks from Canadian market, which is talk of the W nowadays.
Old March 7, 2019, 02:24 PM
Cricket Sage

CGC [NYSE] $45.03

Is this the next big thing? Canopy Growth Corporation, formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc., is a cannabis company based in Smiths Falls, Ontario, founded by Bruce Linton and Chuck Rifici in 2013, and renamed Canopy Growth Corporation in 2015.
Old March 7, 2019, 09:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World

Not sure about companies those produce alcoholic beverage, never researched those. Long back I looked PepsiCo but don’t know how it is doing these days. If anybody looking to make quick money there are certain marijuana stocks from Canadian market, which is talk of the W nowadays.

At first I thought it was some kinda joke. But then looked up and actually see a phone number and all.

It sounded phony with cheesy music lol.

The weed stock has potential to grow.
Old March 8, 2019, 10:00 AM
Cricket Sage

You know it is not an ideal day for trade, as on your way to work you find AAPL plummeting. So, I would take the safer route for today.

AQN (NYSE)

As Tiger's Eye suggested this Oil Refinery Company is considered one of the best to invest nowadays.
Old March 8, 2019, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

What u talking about man? Aapl is not plummetting.
Old March 8, 2019, 12:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
What u talking about man? Aapl is not plummetting.
It reverted back, but it was downhill since yesterday afternoon and earlier part of the day.
Old March 11, 2019, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Boeng (BA) should take a hit tomorrow. This is the second 737max crash their new plane that's been ordered by various airlines. During the indonesia crash i remember they had ordered so many - but post crash BA released statement saying the plane is ok.

Now the ethiopian plane crash. Can not be coincidence. It's a problem with the make. China orders to stop using boeng 737 max. Guess all the 737 orders will be cancelled. the rest should be grounded.

I dont know man, if I owned the stock, i would dump it at open after all this run. One of my biggest regret was never to own this despite being a big fan of this company forever. But I would not want to hold it now personally.. it's a matter of time those orders are cancelled. I would if i was in charge of purchase until shi* is more clear.

Also there is a question of image. Ppl will avoid airlines/routes that is flying that plane model. And if the planes are not grounded and God forbid another plane goes down - there is gonna be massive lawsuits... ppl after airlines - and airlines against Boeng.

And BA will likely drag down the whole market as well.

Sad for all the human losses ..likely from some sort of human error.
Old March 11, 2019, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

"737 max represents 2/3rd of Boeings future deliveries and an estimated 40% of its profits".

trying to guess how much the stock should be crashing by.
Old March 11, 2019, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Thats as of sept 30,2018.

Out of some 5100+ orders, 350 delivered, 2 crashed. Thats 2 crashes in span of 5 months out of only 350 delivered plane.. Who knows how many hours of fligth the delvered planes actually took. All those orders should get cancelled.

DUMP THIS STOCK IF YOU HAVE IT.

Last edited by iDumb; March 11, 2019 at 07:23 AM..