facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 8, 2012, 12:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Not true, and people should refrain from saying that because we had Dwayne Bravo, Ramdin and Charles missing from this series.
Did you see Sammy make excuses? He might have many faults, but is a top 10 all-rounder and a great captain.

Old December 8, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Mushy being MOS wasn't that bad a decision now that I think more of it, he is the highest run-scorer in the series and contributed in all our 3 wins with the bat, also got 7 dismissals to boost with.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Mushy being MOS wasn't that bad a decision now that I think more of it, he is the highest run-scorer in the series and contributed in all our 3 wins with the bat, also got 7 dismissals to boost with.

This achievement will boost Myshy a lot and will help shape him to be a better one IMHO.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Anyway i came here when we won the tests and won the two odi's so i'll come here in defeat too, well done to the home team, in all honesty i thought we threw it away today with both the bat and the ball, you can't be 150 odd for 3 and not get over 217, thats just pathetic, they changed the team and brought in Russell and he was the difference in us losing imo, because though Smith was terrible with the bat he bowled tight overs, and with Russell giving away 51 runs it really cost us,

Gayle also was garbage and another reason why we lost this series, coming back from 2-0 down showed that we had heart, but when the senior men was asked to stand up again they just didn't, Sammy also showed his true colours today, one day good and then five days crap,

I really don't know what Bangladesh can learn from this, it's a confidence boost but apart from Riyad and Rahim who really stood up with the bat? the young opener started brightly but got totally found out once Roach got hold of him, Tamim failed again, naem failed aswell, so not much came out of the batting, in the bowling Gazi done ok, and the left-armer, but still no pacer made a big impact,

It will be interesting to see how you fare against Sri-lanka, they'll be used to the spin so how Bangladesh deal with that will be interesting to see, all in all i'm disappointed by todays defeat but i can't complain about whats happened to us this year, we've done much more than i expected, but again well done for the victory.
Please, no sour grapes.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
If they played i don't believe we lose this series in all honesty.
If they played and Shakib played, we would have won. And not 3-2.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:43 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Thnk you Roni UK bhai for a memorable thread
Old December 8, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
A bonus win right there...!!!
he he
Old December 8, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Riyad also contributed with the ball. And, did not drop catches. My MoS is Riyad.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Please don't make excuses. We also were missing a player. The best player in our team. But, the rest of the team managed to make up for him.
It's not an "excuse", it's a fact, Roach also missed two of the games for whatever reason and lord knows what would have happened had he played all five.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If they played and Shakib played, we would have won. And not 3-2.
Yes, because Shakib made the difference in the tests right?
Old December 8, 2012, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

highlight link please?
Old December 8, 2012, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

My first post in this thread. Congratulation Bangladesh Cricket Team
Old December 8, 2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
highlight link please?
It will be here soon! A good one too

http://mycrickethighlights.com/west-...st-day-4-2012/
Old December 8, 2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
It will be here soon! A good one too

http://mycrickethighlights.com/west-...st-day-4-2012/

It is there..

http://mycrickethighlights.com/west-...ghlights-2012/
Old December 8, 2012, 01:30 PM
BC Editorial Team

Frankly this was a case of which inconsistant team would lose it first. Both teams dropped catches. Both teams gave away extras galore. Both teams collapsed. Fans of Windies will be right in pointing out that "they gave it away" but that same argument can me made of BD as well. What some will call as flailing against quality pace bowling can be turned around and said as flailing against quality restrictive spin bowling. So basically we have two very flawed teams.

So, who should take away more from the 3-2 margin? Undoubtedly Bangladesh.

First, they won. Maybe we only won because the opponent sucked more than us, but a series win is a series win.

Two, its about building a mindset of "we belong". We are only a few years removed from our national players asking their opponents for an autograph! Can you ever imagine an Aussie doing that? This and the Asia cup run is all about instilling in the team the surefire belief that in our own backward, come who may - T20 champion with some of the biggest hitters in the world, or a Kiwis or Lankas, we will win. That we will win the ODI series.

This mindset gain is the first step - become hard to beat at home and win more than your fair share. Then you become unbeatable in home. Then you become hard to beat abroad. Then you win abroad. With Bangladesh's nascent cricketing culture and infrastructure and endemic corruption, we HAVE to take a longish view. We will probably not be a decent Test side for another 20 years. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy the small process milestones aka small victories.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Anyway i came here when we won the tests and won the two odi's so i'll come here in defeat too, well done to the home team, in all honesty i thought we threw it away today with both the bat and the ball, you can't be 150 odd for 3 and not get over 217, thats just pathetic, they changed the team and brought in Russell and he was the difference in us losing imo, because though Smith was terrible with the bat he bowled tight overs, and with Russell giving away 51 runs it really cost us,

Gayle also was garbage and another reason why we lost this series, coming back from 2-0 down showed that we had heart, but when the senior men was asked to stand up again they just didn't, Sammy also showed his true colours today, one day good and then five days crap,

I really don't know what Bangladesh can learn from this, it's a confidence boost but apart from Riyad and Rahim who really stood up with the bat? the young opener started brightly but got totally found out once Roach got hold of him, Tamim failed again, naem failed aswell, so not much came out of the batting, in the bowling Gazi done ok, and the left-armer, but still no pacer made a big impact,

It will be interesting to see how you fare against Sri-lanka, they'll be used to the spin so how Bangladesh deal with that will be interesting to see, all in all i'm disappointed by todays defeat but i can't complain about whats happened to us this year, we've done much more than i expected, but again well done for the victory.
It was pleasure to compete against the (once mighty) West Indies (of the Seventies) and prove that we are improving. For you to join this forum with us in itself is an achievement for us. I am old enough to see the W-Indies of Viv Richards-Llyod-Marshall-Holding-Roberts-Greenige-Haynes rule the world for a while uncontested in the Seventies and Eighties.

It is with a lot of humility that I embrace a cricket fan like you to be part of this forum. We all won at the end. As a grade school boy in the Seventies I would only imgine that some day my country would win a series against the WI.

Ignore the comment that are made out of emotion by some members. See you again
Old December 8, 2012, 01:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Yes, because Shakib made the difference in the tests right?
Test and odi different thing.
Shakib Avr.35 with bat and 28 with bowl in odi.
Shakib takes 4 wicket against wi in 2011 in last odi also score 65 runs in 1st odi in 2011.
Shakib perform superbly against sl,ind and win match in asia cup.
He was superb against pakistan too.
compare shakib odi batting record alone with ramdin or bravo.
And bowling ramdin,bravo sr no where near him.
He is our best odi batsman,best odi bowler and briliant filder.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 8, 2012, 01:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuridh
Test and odi different thing.
Shakib Avr.35 with bat and 28 with bowl in odi.
Shakib takes 4 wicket against wi in 2011 in last odi also score 65 runs in 1st odi in 2011.
Shakib perform superbly against sl,ind and win match in asia cup.
He was superb against pakistan too.
compare shakib odi batting record alone with ramdin or bravo.
And bowling ramdin,bravo sr no where near him.
He is our best odi batsman,best odi bowler and briliant filder.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Nicely summed up.
Old December 8, 2012, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Frankly this was a case of which inconsistant team would lose it first. Both teams dropped catches. Both teams gave away extras galore. Both teams collapsed. Fans of Windies will be right in pointing out that "they gave it away" but that same argument can me made of BD as well. What some will call as flailing against quality pace bowling can be turned around and said as flailing against quality restrictive spin bowling. So basically we have two very flawed teams.

So, who should take away more from the 3-2 margin? Undoubtedly Bangladesh.

First, they won. Maybe we only won because the opponent sucked more than us, but a series win is a series win.

Two, its about building a mindset of "we belong". We are only a few years removed from our national players asking their opponents for an autograph! Can you ever imagine an Aussie doing that? This and the Asia cup run is all about instilling in the team the surefire belief that in our own backward, come who may - T20 champion with some of the biggest hitters in the world, or a Kiwis or Lankas, we will win. That we will win the ODI series.

This mindset gain is the first step - become hard to beat at home and win more than your fair share. Then you become unbeatable in home. Then you become hard to beat abroad. Then you win abroad. With Bangladesh's nascent cricketing culture and infrastructure and endemic corruption, we HAVE to take a longish view. We will probably not be a decent Test side for another 20 years. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy the small process milestones aka small victories.
Old December 8, 2012, 02:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

great win, proud of our tigers
Old December 8, 2012, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Could've easily been a REAL Banglawash, not some brokeass one, against a pathetic team.
"I would put this above the West Indies whitewash [in 2009, against a second-string side] and the 4-0 win over New Zealand [in 2010]. This is a T20 champion side and all their top players were here."

Looks like he agrees with me.
Old December 8, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
"I would put this above the West Indies whitewash [in 2009, against a second-string side] and the 4-0 win over New Zealand [in 2010]. This is a T20 champion side and all their top players were here."

Looks like he agrees with me.
It goes without saying that this is a better win than when we beat WI back in 2009. Even Zimbabwe could've whitewashed that team. NZ just succumbed to our spinners in 2010 and didn't have good enough spinners (unlike WI) to trouble us.
Old December 8, 2012, 03:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
1. Win the toss.
2. Bowl first.
3. Choke 'em with spin from ball 1.
4. The more discomfort they feel, the more aggressive you get with your field setting and thereby force them to take chances.
5. DON'T DROP CATCHES.
6. Restrict them below 225.
7. See the ball, move your feet put together a slow and steady opening partnership of 100+. Let time pass and make dew more of a factor.
8. Rotate the strike frequently and make it impossible to grip the wet and slippery ball being played along the ground.
9. Have enough wickets in hand to play more aggressively from the 40th over and win by the 47th.
10. Win the series.
11. Party.
This was so right on the money Sohel bhai!
Old December 8, 2012, 04:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Congrats!

-signed
Old December 8, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Elias Sunnay should immediately retire. He is not intelligent enough to play cricket at this level.

Well done to the boys!! A great series win.
Personally I don't think its professional cricket on his part. His focus should be ensure ALWAYS complete the run unless you saw the ball cross the rope and umpire signaled boundary, even so you should still complete it.

Thank God he walked back and Nasir went to the other end.