facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 3, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Dr Dre or DRR has nothing to do with New Orleans.

Old August 3, 2012, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Toronto Tyrants Pledge to Dictate Terms at MLC

From thestar.com:

Published 12 minutes ago

TORONTO - The Toronto Tyrants revealed their MLC jersey at a solemn ceremony at the Air Canada Center on Friday. A rare public appearance by Shania Twain stunned the audience as the country Goddess took the stage to kick things off with the Canadian national anthem. Rogers Communications President and CEO Nadir Mohamed and Air Canada main man Calin Rovinescu then arrived to mount their respective thrones, as an enlarged model of the Tyrants' jersey was seen rising in the background to a tune that was best described by someone in the audience as "destructive and very military".

The two men, clad in sports coats with the MLC and Tyrants' logos etched into them, then took turns to speak about the franchise, its prospects and their expectations for season one.

"As always, the goal is to trump all competition and be the ones that we ourselves want to beat. It is the legacy of the Rogers and it is how Rogers Communication has maintained its status as the number one choice for its customers over decades. Telus has tried, Wind has tried, Koodo has tried, but as a business, we have always managed to kill competitors with the flick of a finger, as if they were mere ants, irrelevant and undeserving of life. I would like to have the same attitude on display for the duration of the season, because being at the top is all that matters", exclaimed a haughty Mohamed.

"Air Canada is proud to be the official sponsor of the Toronto Tyrants. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rogers Communications for giving us an opportunity to establish our superiority over American corporations in yet another domain - that of sports. We have crushed US Airways, AA, Delta and South West and intend to continue our domination in every aspect of business", said Mr. Calin Rovinescu.

Curious eyes then turned to a lesser known figure, that of AsifTheManRahman, recently appointed manager of the Tyrants. Beads of iron across his neck and an iron ring on his pinky, he approached the podium with an air of destruction. "When Kerry Packer lured players into joining the World Series, the world had disbelievers galore. The rebels were the minority and acts of bravery ridiculed. Today, the world is a transformed place, where there is a huge movement towards eradicating sissies and ensuring survival of the fittest. Men like Dilscoop have set the platform and it is now up to us to implement [the plans]".

"Our opponents will be crushed to sawdust, brought down to their knees on the cricket pitch, begging for mercy, blood shooting out of their eyes in place of tears. We shall destroy confidences and careers. We shall stamp our authority on every member - manager, official and player - of every other team, ruling the points table of this league with an iron fist. We shall decide and control the fates of grown men with our batting, bowling, fielding and wicket-keeping. We shall ensure that they expect to lose, that they come to the ground knowing they have no chance".

The general attitude of the franchise meets expectations set earlier by rumours about the Tyrants starting the inaugural season of the MLC with an aggressive campaign. With further adieu, the officials left, one by one, to attend a boardroom meeting to discuss "World domination strategy", as a spokesman put it, at the Rogers HQ on Bloor and Jarvis.

Torontonians' React to Tyrants' Jersey

The streets of downtown Toronto seemed upbeat on Friday afternoon, thanks partly due to the upcoming Simcoe Day long weekend, but mostly in anticipation of the impending MLC victory.

"God save the Queen, the Queen the Queen and Her Tyrants...[and some more that got lost in drivel]", sang a local mounty before he rode off on his horse, clearly intoxicated from the bottle of maple syrup in his pocket.

"Yo man, the jersey looks so-effing-lid. Totally digging it, ya'll, Tyrants FTW man!", was the reaction of Sherbourne-Shuter crackhead Thomasz Hiedelberg.

"L.O.V.E the jersey, but they should have had a vampire and a werewolf instead of a dinosaur on it", said 16 year old Natasha Goyal.

Robin Scherbatsky, a New York resident visiting family in Toronto for the long weekend, was upbeat about the chances of the Tyrants in season one. "I think we will definitely win and having a cool jersey simply propels us towards that direction", she said, before running off in the direction of Dundas Square, humming "Let's go to the mall, TODAY", followed by "Two beavers are better than one".

Old August 3, 2012, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd received a few txts msgs through out the program. Seemed like everyone was having a ball. Toronto is ready for season 1!

(lols good read, pro stuff. And ATMR takes the lead!)
Old August 3, 2012, 05:10 PM
MLC World Series I

Can we have other sponsors?
Old August 3, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Can we have other sponsors?
Yes as I mentioned earlier, because I got started on the kits early I couldn't get your choice of sponsors. So I decided once we have a manager for all the teams, I'll let you guys choose a sponsor of your choice (local only) that will also decide your bank_balance. But it won't be on the jersey.

I just need 8 more people so we can get started!!! Cmon people pick a city, join the revolution!!!
Old August 3, 2012, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Our news section. It will be updated every now and then. Keep an eye on that.
Old August 3, 2012, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The Toronto news link in the news is wrong.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 3, 2012, 06:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Dr Dre or DRR has nothing to do with New Orleans.
Okay...I will have Anne Rice then as Sponsor.
Old August 3, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Where is my team? where is the game..Link etc?
Old August 3, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Someone wanna be my secretary for the day and explain it to BK how this is going to work? I'll give you a little balance boost

@ATMR, thanks. Fixed.
Old August 3, 2012, 07:07 PM
MLC World Series I

Sure Dilscoop. Anything for an extra boost.

Hey BK bhai. You have just become the manager. So sit back, relax and light a cigar.

Since you have already announced your home ground, you need to name a filthy rich owner from your area if you can. After that, if you are ready, just PM the CEO, Dilscoop for the jersey. So you can reveal them here to your city and the world. That's about it for now.
Old August 3, 2012, 07:10 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Yes as I mentioned earlier, because I got started on the kits early I couldn't get your choice of sponsors. So I decided once we have a manager for all the teams, I'll let you guys choose a sponsor of your choice (local only) that will also decide your bank_balance. But it won't be on the jersey.

I just need 8 more people so we can get started!!! Cmon people pick a city, join the revolution!!!
OK. So I've got Staples. Can I not have Staples and someone else? Like say, Gatorade for official drink partner
Old August 3, 2012, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Also explain to him, how this will game work. I'd myself. But Im trying to figure out the fixtures and players and etc, so I'm kinda busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
OK. So I've got Staples. Can I not have Staples and someone else? Like say, Gatorade for official drink partner
And no, you can't change the one that's already have been added. You can ADD another sponsor and it has to be LOCAL. (Staples sponsors the Lakers so...)

I'll go over those later, when it's time. Right now, just relax and get members to join the league so we can start ASAP.
Old August 3, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Zunaid, Moc, Nadim, Tonoy, Ajfar, Night Wolf are you guys ready to rev lea your kit?
Old August 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Did you send it already? I didn't get anything in my inbox.
Old August 3, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Activity level (estimated):

ATMR, SNR, Maysun
Zunaid, Night Wolf
Ajfar, Moc, Tonoy
Nadim

So you can guess which ones are the rich clubs

Denver, Detroit, Green bay, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and DC. Get managers to get referrals and help me to help you to help MLC to kill IPL. #revolution!
Old August 3, 2012, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Philadelphia

Owner: Bradley Cooper
Sponsor: Coming Soon
Old August 3, 2012, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Ya HIRED! ^

Takens:

Chicago Bulls -
Owner: Sam Zell, Equity Group Investments
Manager: Night Wolf
HG: Wrigley Field
Sponsors: US Cellular

Toronto Tyrants -
Owner: Rogers Communications
Manager: ATMR
HG: King City, Toront
Sponsors: Air Canada

Boston Celtics -
Owner - Mark Wahlberg
Manager: Ajfar
HG: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough
Sponsors: BJ's Wholesale Club

Miami Heat -
Owner: Micky Arison, Miami Heat
Manager: Nadim
HG: Burger King

LA Kings -
Owner: Eli Board, The Board Foundation
Manager: Maysun
HG: LA Memorial Coliseum
Sponsors: Staples

Texas Cowboys -
Owner - Sandra Bullock, Cowboys
Manager: Doctor Zuanid Kazi
HG: Texas Memorial Stadium
Sponsors: AT&T

New York Rangers -
Owner: Michael Bloomberg
Manager: MohammedC
HG: Red House Cricket Ground, Harlem
Sponsors: E*Trade

San Francisco Sharks -
Owner: Larry Page, Google
Manager: Sohel_NR
HG: Candlestick Park
Sponsors: Google

Seattle Mariners -
Owner:Suncor Energy
Manager: Tonoy
HG: CenturyLink Field
Sponsors: Microsoft

Philadelphia Flyers -
Owner: Bradley Cooper
Manager: Kohli Sox
Sponsors: Comcast

Only Denver, Detroit, Green bay, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and DC let! Lets go lets go lets go! If BK would stop messing around, we'd have one less team right now.
Old August 3, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Too bad we can't manage multiple teams as that would create conflict of interest. I'd have taken both Detroit and Denver in a heartbeat if we could.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 3, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cricket Savant

The MLC CEO may wish to announce a cut-off date. If not, we may never get this started in time.

We have 10 teams now and should consider a Plan B with 2 divisions (MLC West & MLC East) and a new format (home and away, top 2 from each division meet in best of 3 semifinals). 10 teams in the inaugural season ain't bad. We can always expand the league later.

MLC West:

1. Seattle

2. San Francisco

3. Los Angeles

4. Texas

5. Chicago

MLC East:

1. Toronto

2. Boston

3. New York

4. Philadelphia

5. Miami
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 3, 2012, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Yes, I've thought about it. But I don't think I'll move onto plan B just yet. It's been 24 hrs since we opened it up, and we already have 10 teams. So I hopeful we will get rest of them filled in.

16 team is my goal. 10 teams would be too easy for me to manage personally, so I want the challenge. Or else I'll be bored.

Hopeful hires: Tiger_eyes, Simon, AFAIK, F6, and if BK can stop acting so confused...
Old August 3, 2012, 11:11 PM
Cricket Sage

I doubt people actually saw this thread. Should have opened in the Bangla Cricket section and than it could hsve gotten moved here.
Old August 3, 2012, 11:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Hopeful hires: Tiger_eyes, Simon, AFAIK, F6, and if BK can stop acting so confused...
BK is "Tale matal jate t'hik" if you catch my drift. Make Tom Benson, owner of the football Saints the owner. He's worth $1.1 billion. Gaylord Chemical Corporation could be the sponsor.

Get TE to do Denver.
Old August 4, 2012, 12:24 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

@Ajfar, yup. I never clicked or visited this section until MLC.

@SNR, I should just let him keep that random writer he picked out, and make him the poorest manager lol.

I just invited TE and Simon and the other guys. Everyone that I have invited so far have joined, hopefully they follow as well.
Old August 4, 2012, 01:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Thank you dear Sohel da and Maysun!!

But still do not understand the fundamnetals of the game...I have to design a jersey?? How am I going to do that? Logo etc.? I do not have the software and skill....is this a cricket game or football? I am not getting it at alla? What is all these mean?

I will take Sohel da's advice and Tom Benson is the owner of the team....

and then I have Pop-Eyes Chicken & Bisquit - Al Copland as my Sponsor

My Sponsor...Look 9 pcs chickin 4.99