facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2008, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Default Latest Tony Greig on minnows

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/talk/...ia/379398.html

Can't be bothered to download and listen to the audio. What did he say?

Old November 24, 2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/talk/...ia/379398.html

Can't be bothered to download and listen to the audio. What did he say?
Aahah!

The Tony Greig Show
'Help those who love the game'
November 24, 2008
Why minnows shouldn't be dropped like hot bricks, what makes India a high-class side, positive signs in Pakistan, and on-field highlights ....
Old November 24, 2008, 12:21 PM
Cricket Savant

wat's eating tony greig this time?
Old November 24, 2008, 12:33 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
wat's eating tony greig this time?
he always try sht.....we dont care
Old November 24, 2008, 12:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

he praised about the dhaka warriors team in the icl and compared the team with the 1996 srilanka team.. also praised about our players who love to play their shots
Old November 24, 2008, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

LOL. Will he ever make up his mind?
Old November 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
he praised about the dhaka warriors team in the icl and compared the team with the 1996 srilanka team.. also praised about our players who love to play their shots
totally...and this is the nicest thing i ever heard from his mouth about BD cricket....his voice sounds like he cronicly suffers from digestive discomfort! like as if he is doing a 'peptobismo' commercial...

Last edited by bujhee kom; November 24, 2008 at 01:34 PM..
Old November 24, 2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel

dnt care what he say..........
Old November 24, 2008, 03:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Default hmm

Tony Greig's main point of the piece was that Dhaka Warriors have done extremely well and he was happy to see them play the way they did. (even if the opposition might not be "on par", the excellence was quite obvious)

Only one problem: Dhaka Warriors is not the same as Team Bangladesh.

Thanks God he did not personally see the South Africa thrashing...if he did...he would have said what he had said before....that BD is incapable and needs to be slashed.

The only positive is a Dhaka Warriors team that most people love to hate. OO the irony....
Old November 24, 2008, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, I was watching the game between BD XI vs World XI, Tony was praising the guys like Nafees, Alok. He wanted to see these guys in National Team but unfortunately he cant because of the ban. I agree w/ him. I wish these 2 guys still playing or at least for TEST selection for National team
Old November 25, 2008, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

That guy's the biggest hypocrite I've seen in my life. Fail.
Old November 25, 2008, 12:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
Well, I was watching the game between BD XI vs World XI, Tony was praising the guys like Nafees, Alok. He wanted to see these guys in National Team but unfortunately he cant because of the ban. I agree w/ him. I wish these 2 guys still playing or at least for TEST selection for National team
Yes! Alok is really good,Sn depends bcse he didn't impress me during the last 10-15 ODI matches he played.
But any way I think the present team we have should rock.
Old November 25, 2008, 12:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

SN proved again that against medium pace and spinners he's our best batsman. Everytime he's failed - it's against teams with a top shelf attack with a Rana Naved or Morkel in the side.
Old November 25, 2008, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

When Klusener with his current ability single handedly beats DW, one can wonder what would happen if DW guys came back in national team to face Flintoff/Steyn.
Old November 25, 2008, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
When Klusener with his current ability single handedly beats DW, one can wonder what would happen if DW guys came back in national team to face Flintoff/Steyn.
I agree. Just look at the Lahore team. The second XI Pakistan team is better than all other teams in ICL made up with old overseas players and fourth rate Indian domestic players. I have no doubt that if our current national team played in ICL, they will come close to the best- Lahore badshahs..
Old November 25, 2008, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Dhaka Warriors, in my prediction, can easily beat the Bangladesh national team in any format of the game!!! There is no comparison of Shahrier Nafees, Alok, Aftab, Dhiman with the current national team players. Where DW lacks is their pace attack but other than that,, this national team can even lose against Rajshahi or Barisal team..
Old November 25, 2008, 06:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Dhakablues, I want some of what you've been toking! Are you kdding me? DW against the National team? That to _in_any_format_. I mean if you had said 20/20 I might have had some pause, just to figure out the tradeoffs between Tapash and Farhad landing a few more yorkers vs. Masree & Rasel's greater control. I'd have considered Alok & Shariyar's pacing vs. the greater depth and Tamim+Ash+Shakib explosiveness. But with your present claim, methinks that hookah of yours isn't filled with regular tobacco
Old November 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

One impressive thing about Dhaka warrior is that they improved as a team as they played more matches. I have to give it to them for showing some discipline and playing to their strengths. The DW batting heavily relies on the top 4... Alok and Nafees have done more than their part. Nafees struggled a little bit at the beginning of the tournament but he improved.
Old November 25, 2008, 07:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

man....it would be so awsome if we had nafees and kapali back in the side...our batting would be so much stronger. BCB better lift those bans.
Old November 25, 2008, 07:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.islam
man....it would be so awsome if we had nafees and kapali back in the side...our batting would be so much stronger. BCB better lift those bans.
fully agree
Old November 25, 2008, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetPak
fully agree
Well when they were playing for us, less than a year ago.... they did not look like they would in any way improve our batting.... I think its the quality of opposition that is a factor. I mean its good that they are playing well and congratulations but theres no way this team is better than our nationals.
Old November 25, 2008, 09:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i have to agree with razab bhai whole heartedly here regarding DW and BD national.

the way i feel is that the DW's success will indeed bring positive/competitive/pro 20/20 effect in BD cricket environment, no doubt, but com'on it is the bangladesh national team's action/success/failure that will effect BD's relationship with int'l cricket, test status etc.

dear bhais, the both are important and they both are dear to us....many of the DW stars once wore tigers' jersey with smile and pride...many of our current national team members may someday very well be playing for DW, what's so strange or new about that. today, DW beat icl indian XI in icl 20/20, that is indeed a great news of joy for all of us, and tomorrow morning when our national team crumbles facing steyn and nitni in a 5 days-4 innings-test match it's indeed a problem for all of us! but you and i we all know you can't interchange them and expect or imagine DW to beat or even dent south africa and likewise the current tigers would be beaten by any icl team day in and day out is also a very ridiculous thought! we all know where our current limit is. we simply need all of these program (tigers, DW, a-team, academy, u-19, women's national, u-17, u-15, school) to work, simultaneously, they all are us and we are all them! i am and will always be very proud of the dhaka warriors but i know it's the tigers any little most success in tests or ODIs that i would have to reserve my hard prayers, tears and hope! because to me, if DW disappears, a joyfilled memory/say an organ in the body, a kidney will be missing, but if tomorrow the BD national team disappears from world cricket, cricket will disappear from my life....i have got my priority straight....!
Old November 25, 2008, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

My personal opinion is, we r giving players Imrul, Raqibul, Nayem, Zunaid test games who seriously deficient lacks the test standard. SN, HB, Alok, Gosh cud be players who can be in 14 players for selection at least. Since BCB cannot say anything to his BIG brother BCCB, we are hurting.
Old November 26, 2008, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Dhakablues, I want some of what you've been toking! Are you kdding me? DW against the National team? That to _in_any_format_. I mean if you had said 20/20 I might have had some pause, just to figure out the tradeoffs between Tapash and Farhad landing a few more yorkers vs. Masree & Rasel's greater control. I'd have considered Alok & Shariyar's pacing vs. the greater depth and Tamim+Ash+Shakib explosiveness. But with your present claim, methinks that hookah of yours isn't filled with regular tobacco
Dude,, as said, DW lacks the pace attack ,, other than that.. weren't these guys national players like few months ago? If it werent for the crapped up selection,, there is no way in hell a player like Imrul/Mehrab/Junaed makes the team over Shahrier/Alok/Dhiman..But either way this aint no ICL vs. BD team..both of the teams are my team and I would support them all the way ( but wait for a Salahuddin for our cricket)

What I am smoking in Vancouver,, stays in Vancouver!!
Old November 26, 2008, 12:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Who stopped SN, Alok and Dhiman from playing for National team?

They were sure to be in the 15 men national team squad. But they left the BD team for the ICL despite knowing that they will be banned by BCB. And they gave some weird reasons for not playing for the national team (especially SN and Dhiman).

Ora thakle amader ei crappy players gulo ke niye team ghorte hoto na.. This time selectors are not the people to be blamed. Its the Players like Nafees, Dhiman and Alok to be blamed.