facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2013, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Excluding this test,from 2010 to 2013 we played total 18 tests. We lost 16 tests and there was only 2 drawn.
Out of this 18,10 were at home. In home condition all the matches been played in batting wickets. we lost 9 matches. There were one drawn match at home and In the drawn match we were in better condition. All the matches we lost due to vulnerable batting. To me type of wickets BCB is offering is Ok. First we need to learn how to draw a match. Then we can think of winning. We can not think of running unless we learn walking.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangla...d=25;type=team

Old October 12, 2013, 08:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Sorry bhai, I did not get you. Are you referring that playing on this slow and low pitch will help us in the long run ?
Yes bhaia, there are unseen long term benefits.
1) We got test status to vote for Ind. Plain truth.
2) Teams are forced to come to BD because of ICC's FTP.
3) Do you know why the recent FTP have very little BD in it each year? The loss after loss has piled up so much that it is embarrassing to BD backers in the international level. Points gain in draws at least brings in teams to our land. Plain truth as well.
4) To learn to play pace and bounce one do not need a test match. You can do that for domestic games.
5) There is a phrase called, "Khal kete kumir ana". NZ's strength is clearly in fast bowling. Our weakness is CLEARLY fast bowling. NZ's weakness is clearly spin bowling. Our strength is spin bowling. Do you know what SWOTT is?
Old October 12, 2013, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Mijan speaks the painful truth:

Strength: Increasing number of steady batsmen. Spin.
Weakness: Impatience and inability to place weakness.
Opportunity: A NZ team with a weaker bowling attack and questions about their ability to play spin.
Threats: NZ pacers.
Old October 12, 2013, 08:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yes bhaia, there are unseen long term benefits.
1) We got test status to vote for Ind. Plain truth.
2) Teams are forced to come to BD because of ICC's FTP.
3) Do you know why the recent FTP have very little BD in it each year? The loss after loss has piled up so much that it is embarrassing to BD backers in the international level. Points gain in draws at least brings in teams to our land. Plain truth as well.
4) To learn to play pace and bounce one do not need a test match. You can do that for domestic games.
5) There is a phrase called, "Khal kete kumir ana". NZ's strength is clearly in fast bowling. Our weakness is CLEARLY fast bowling. NZ's weakness is clearly spin bowling. Our strength is spin bowling. Do you know what SWOTT is?
So, your concept is 'slow and low wicket' is a spinning track ? If so, then I have nothing to add.

Have you seen any ball to turn in this test match ? Any idea why shakib gets a good number of wickets in India, Eng and recently WI ? Slow and low pitch does not mean it's a spinning track. Just look at SL and Indian pitches. Their pitches are also very flat but not as dead as ours. Forget about our spinners, even Indian, SLankan spinners would struggle to get wicket on this CTG pitch. This pitch is soo damn slow that it is not offering any turn. Yes, you are right, we have far far better spinners than NZ but the pitch has to provide some assistance for the spinners to get the ball turn. Now, to make this pitch bit more responsive to spinners does not mean you have to build a fast bowling track.

Ji bhai SWOT, PERT, PEST, BCG Matrix, Porters model, Peroto analysis onek kichui jani kintu kotha holo ekta simple concept ei jodi bhul thake tahole ei shob analysis er result bhul e ashbe !
Old October 12, 2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Naimul speaks the painful truth too.
Old October 12, 2013, 08:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Mijan speaks the painful truth:

Strength: Increasing number of steady batsmen. Spin.
Weakness: Impatience and inability to place weakness.
Opportunity: A NZ team with a weaker bowling attack and questions about their ability to play spin.
Threats: NZ pacers.
Thanks Doc. Nowadays we have added a T = Trend for management classes.
+++
SWOT has been there for a long time to create, evaluate strategies (Long-term and Short-term). As our team starts growing, someone has already mentioned about walking-running stages of growth, it is to our benefit create strategies/environment that helps us and not the opponents.

We strongly hope we would be a gracious host but only off the field and make their life as uncomfortable as we can on the field. Pitch is part to that tactic/strategy.
Old October 12, 2013, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This pitch and the prospect of a tame draw is depressing me. Clearly, I don't learn, as if I would be happy with an inning defeat instead.
Old October 12, 2013, 08:59 AM
Administrator

However, Mijan. You can do all sorts of analysis but if you end up drawing the wrong conclusions and execute the wrong actions, they mean nothing. Naimul makes the very valid point that the correct business decision to leverage the analysis would have been to make a spinning pitch and not a slow and low SBNS II.
Old October 12, 2013, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

ekhon amader ki hobe?? ki hobe amader?!?!?!?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 13, 2013, 12:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
So, your concept is 'slow and low wicket' is a spinning track ? If so, then I have nothing to add.

Have you seen any ball to turn in this test match ? Any idea why shakib gets a good number of wickets in India, Eng and recently WI ? Slow and low pitch does not mean it's a spinning track. Just look at SL and Indian pitches. Their pitches are also very flat but not as dead as ours. Forget about our spinners, even Indian, SLankan spinners would struggle to get wicket on this CTG pitch. This pitch is soo damn slow that it is not offering any turn. Yes, you are right, we have far far better spinners than NZ but the pitch has to provide some assistance for the spinners to get the ball turn. Now, to make this pitch bit more responsive to spinners does not mean you have to build a fast bowling track.

Ji bhai SWOT, PERT, PEST, BCG Matrix, Porters model, Peroto analysis onek kichui jani kintu kotha holo ekta simple concept ei jodi bhul thake tahole ei shob analysis er result bhul e ashbe !
Slow and low is not a spinning track. Yet the ball did spin yesterday time to time for the kiwi bowlers. Sodhi and Martin.

I think this was a good decision to have a placid wicket. 1) It ensures we get out of this test match with some ranking points (That is the ultimate goal). 2) Given the history our batsmen do not need good balls to get out. Why make it more difficult on them? To draw a match we must play 4+ sessions in 1st innings if we bat second. Spinning or fast track wouldn't allow us to do so.

So even though we have far better spinners our batting is very fragile and thus may be, again I am guessing here, mgmt went with this flown in pitch.

By the way, SL pitches are not better than these pitches. This team is not a one man team. The team mgmt certainly wouldn't make strategies based on Shakib's ability only. On in this case, our spinners ability. Time and again we lost because of our batting even in a spinning track. We may have succumbed to NZ spinners as well. Why take chance and lose points? Ensure we get something 1st. Evaluate opponents strengths and weakness (now we have more data) and go at them in Dhaka.
Old October 13, 2013, 12:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
However, Mijan. You can do all sorts of analysis but if you end up drawing the wrong conclusions and execute the wrong actions, they mean nothing. Naimul makes the very valid point that the correct business decision to leverage the analysis would have been to make a spinning pitch and not a slow and low SBNS II.
If one (committee) do the evaluation properly, the strategies shouldn't be wrong. Now the execution and adjustment of the strategies is the tricky part.

Win, Draw or Loss? To reduce the risk of loss, sometimes we have to reduce the chance of winning as well.
Old October 13, 2013, 01:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Let's draw the next 50 test matches on dead flat road tracks.
Let's not lose.
Get out of the habit, mindset and fear.

Let's start winning.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 13, 2013, 06:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^^exactly

i'll repeat what i said in the match thread, what you enjoyed more?, the dull draw in the 1st test match at SL in a flat pitch or the defeat the next match on a live pitch?..if your ans is 1 then whats the problem?
Old October 13, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

If this pitch had more spin to offer then we would have "definitely" won. Surely, their spinners would not bother us at all.
Old October 13, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Let's draw the next 50 test matches on dead flat road tracks. - noone suggested that
Let's not lose.
Get out of the habit, mindset and fear. - In time we will

Let's start winning. - Easier said than done.
What is the record now against NZ? 0-8-2? 5 innings defeat? The other draw was because of mother nature.

May be when we have the bowling strength to get the 20 wickets we would/should go for the win. Shakib wasn't 100% to get his long overs. With this practice we can go for it in Dhaka. It does spin more there.
Old October 13, 2013, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

I think these flat pitches are very appropriate for Bangladesh: it is the only way they can consistently get their batsman to occupy the crease and thereby achieve a Test draw.

Bangladesh need to take baby steps: First draw a match, and later, create pitches for a result. Confidence needs to be built in stages.

PS: I missed you guys :-)
Old October 22, 2013, 12:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

This is the pitch we should be playing on more. No need for 600+ runs dead pitch and then aim for a draw. Since spin is our main weapon, I would rather take 300 runs spinning track and then go for a win !
Old October 22, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Slightly off topic: Al Amin looks very impressive. He is htting the seam very hard and he has good carry. I like that. No other Bd bowlers can trouble the batsmen but he will I think with right support.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 22, 2013, 03:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Slightly off topic: Al Amin looks very impressive. He is htting the seam very hard and he has good carry. I like that. No other Bd bowlers can trouble the batsmen but he will I think with right support.
Spot on.

He can generate good pace. Also can extract very good bounce. AND the most impressive thing is the way he ATTACKS the wickets.

But his physic is a matter of big concern. If not handled properly he can be injury prone like our other pace bowlers.
Old October 23, 2013, 12:33 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
This is the pitch we should be playing on more. No need for 600+ runs dead pitch and then aim for a draw. Since spin is our main weapon, I would rather take 300 runs spinning track and then go for a win !
Hello guys!, did you enjoyed the Ctg match or this one?
Old October 23, 2013, 12:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

double post

mods plz del this post
Old October 23, 2013, 01:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
I think these flat pitches are very appropriate for Bangladesh: it is the only way they can consistently get their batsman to occupy the crease and thereby achieve a Test draw.

Bangladesh need to take baby steps: First draw a match, and later, create pitches for a result. Confidence needs to be built in stages.

PS: I missed you guys :-)
+1 And some of us missed you too.