facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2016, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Default Bangladesh reach 2nd Asia Cup Final in 4 year's

AND this 2nd final, is in at a format that too isn't BD's main strength. No one would have thought BD would reach the final of Asia cup final in the T20 format (that it's being played at), before the tournament .

Well done to Mashrafee Bin Mortaza and all the players. Well done to the coach Haturisinghe. Well done to every one associated with team BD.

Old March 2, 2016, 04:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Players who did most of the work so far:

Batting:
> Sabbir
> Riyadh
> Mash

Bowling:
> Mustafiz
> Al Amin
> Mash
> Taskin
> Sunny

Fielding:
> Sabbir
> Shakib

Missing in action:
> Everyone else
Old March 2, 2016, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

This is a general appriciative and appreciation thread towards reaching another Asia cup final.
Old March 2, 2016, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I still can't believe it. Cause, we made a game out of it, should have done it lot easier with overs to spare, Soumya was hitting it well, got bogged down a little hence lost his wicket to a good yorker.
Mushy, is trying these little silly shots when your out of form you want to bat straight as possible. But I think, in T20i's Mushy feels abit hurried into trying to score runs quickly too much hence its affecting his approach in this format; definitely needs to bat lower.

Shakib did the similar thing. Why try scooping to a guy who was bowling 150clicks? Again when your out of form, bat straight, rotating the strike and get the runs ticking that way you feel you moving things along rather than being bogged down (which increases pressure).

Mahmudullah - my new HERO. Held his nerve so well. One point I felt the pressure was too intense- what if he goes out? But, Mashrafe coming out like that and hitting two quick 4's brought the momentum towards BD. Mash made them panic a little. Trust me had Mithun came out to bat instead of Mashrafe BD most likely had lost the game. As he would have missed all Amirs deliveries, and Pak bowlers would have felt more confident bowling at Mithun but with Mashrafe they knew he can tonk it if they don't get it right.

In the end, Riyad made it look much comfortable hitting the no ball for 4! Took all the pressure off. Riyadh held his nerve WELL. A future Bangladesh national Team Limited Overs International (50over and T20) captain, for SURE and RIGHTLY so.

Just want to say a special Thank You to our future captain: Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad.

Old March 2, 2016, 08:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Awesome steady improvement! Cricket world take notice.
Old March 3, 2016, 11:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25

AND this 2nd final, is in at a format that too isn't BD's main strength. No one would have thought BD would reach the final of Asia cup final in the T20 format (that it's being played at), before the tournament .
Yes, it's already a great achievement. We've reached our primary goal and made it to the final. And we've shown good progress in this format even though there's still a long way to go in terms of reaching out potential and solving batting issues.

I won't be too disappointed if we lose the final if we put up a good fight. India is simply stronger than us, may be considerably stronger. We still need to figure out how to bat in this format. I'm happy with what the team has done so far in Asia Cup. Winning the final in this format would be a bonus, and I, we all, will be ecstatic if that happens.
Old March 4, 2016, 01:59 AM
Test Cricketer

We should win very easily. Hope India doesnt cause any upset.