facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 14, 2006, 03:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

I was wondering why the medium-pace of Aftab wasn't tried at all..He is not a bad part-timer..Has 5 wicket haul too.Specially, in the 2nd ODI when Odoyo was finding the fence easily we could have give him a try.Anyways, looking for a better show from our batsmen this time.Can't help getting frustrated to see that Ash-Foooool is still playing recklessly and without any responsibility whereas new-comer like Mushfique is not getting any chance!Sad!

Old August 14, 2006, 03:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

And...I hope we get to bat first in the third ODI!Would be really nice if someone can come up with a 100+ score...How much is the possibility of getting a 300+ total?...Hope I am not day-dreaming!
Old August 14, 2006, 04:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyobreeze
And...I hope we get to bat first in the third ODI!Would be really nice if someone can come up with a 100+ score...How much is the possibility of getting a 300+ total?...Hope I am not day-dreaming!
day dreaming?? who knows..
for the record, we havent crossed even 250 batting first four occasions in Zim, so i cant share your enthusiam.
also look at the second match.. we made a mess of chasing 185 batting second, when it was supposed to favour the batsmen...

so lets see what happens..
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 14, 2006, 04:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Miraz - could you add Banglacricket's own tour coverage?
Zunaid Bhai, Bnglacricket tour coverage added
Old August 14, 2006, 06:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

now we can sit back & relax. and hope we can win third match too
Old August 14, 2006, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
2nd ODI was not luck! It was a gift from Modi. The obviously wrong LBW call given by the local umpire was shocking. I think we have our share of inept and immensly intimidatable umpires too.
that's what cricinfo was saying on Tikolo's out. They were saying he had a thick edge and inspite he got out. Can anyone who watched verify that?

Then that would negate rafique's out.
Old August 14, 2006, 08:15 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
that's what cricinfo was saying on Tikolo's out. They were saying he had a thick edge and inspite he got out. Can anyone who watched verify that?

Then that would negate rafique's out.
I watched, there was hardly any edge, I could not see and Asif Karim was convinced that there was no edge.
Old August 14, 2006, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

CricInfo 2nd ODI match Bulletin:
Clearly feeling left out of the party, Mortaza struck in his first over, the 12th of the innings, with some help from umpire Subhash Modi who unfortunately adjudged Tikolo leg before despite evidence of a thick edge onto the pads. Tikolo played forward to a ball that came in and looked up in surprise to see the throaty appeal from bowler and fielders upheld.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/keny...ry/256330.html
Old August 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
day dreaming?? who knows..
for the record, we havent crossed even 250 batting first four occasions in Zim, so i cant share your enthusiam.
also look at the second match.. we made a mess of chasing 185 batting second, when it was supposed to favour the batsmen...

so lets see what happens..
Batting have been very low quality, fielding and bowling was less than average. Still we have won few mathces cos its the Zombies and the Kenyans. What we will do in the champions trophy?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old August 14, 2006, 10:35 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
CricInfo 2nd ODI match Bulletin:
Clearly feeling left out of the party, Mortaza struck in his first over, the 12th of the innings, with some help from umpire Subhash Modi who unfortunately adjudged Tikolo leg before despite evidence of a thick edge onto the pads. Tikolo played forward to a ball that came in and looked up in surprise to see the throaty appeal from bowler and fielders upheld.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/keny...ry/256330.html
Modi has already proven he's not the best of umpires. He also gave Rafique out on lbw that was clearly going outside off stump.
Old August 14, 2006, 10:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Modi has already proven he's not the best of umpires. He also gave Rafique out on lbw that was clearly going outside off stump.
HB,
I know. I was just trying to let Latecut know that 2nd ODI wasn't a gift from Modi. he made bad calls against both teams. So eventually it evens out. We won on our own merit. However, it shouldn't have been this close from the beginning.

I loved what the NTV reporter had to report on our batting (especially on Ash, Aftab etc.).
Old August 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Batting have been very low quality, fielding and bowling was less than average. Still we have won few mathces cos its the Zombies and the Kenyans. What we will do in the champions trophy?
Lets think it this way -

We win the toss and elect to bat.Aftab opens with Nafess.From the beginning Aftab get a go on bowlers and he survives 15 overs.Tushar replace Ash-Fool, that gives us one more wicket...Mushfique replaces Rajin and comes as number 6.This can probably get us a 300!!!

Well...I know considering the current condition and devastating batting performance we are showing these days, it's more like a dream.But, it's not long ago we did a 300+ score against Kenya.And, even if it might end up in a bad dream, I wanna go ahead.After all, People who don't have dreams, don't have much!
Old August 14, 2006, 12:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think it would happen, but I would really love to see the following formation for the 3rd ODI -

1. Nafees
2. Aftab
3. Reza
4. Tushar
5. Saqib
6. Mushfiq
7. Pilot (No way, he is the captain)
8. Rafique
9. Razzaque
10. Rasel
11. Shahadat
Old August 14, 2006, 12:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Ashraful has been rewarded for his amazing batting. He will open the batting. What is the logic in this? Shahadat may also replace Razzak. I wish they get an additional batsman. Perhaps giving chance to Mushfique would have been more prudent. This game is min consquential and thus of little pressure. It is a perfect opportunity to give the younger playes some exposure.

Last edited by LateCut; August 14, 2006 at 12:23 PM..
Old August 14, 2006, 03:36 PM
Test Cricketer

I just bought the live-broadcast of the match... waiting for a well-fought game and a 3-0 for Bangladesh!
Old August 14, 2006, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

5 and half hours but no posts in this thread!!!!! Unbeleivable!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old August 14, 2006, 09:26 PM
Street Cricketer

seems like jumptv will show the match on channel i . ( http://jumptv.typepad.com/asia/ )
Old August 14, 2006, 10:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
i think this was simply a result of over confidence and lack of respect for the opponents... BD players r certainly trying to things easily here and payed the price in Zim for that. they learned that even being the clear favourites u can loose a series due to arrogance, complicency and simply, stupidity.

never underestimate ur opponents, as they always say. Australia just got away with the in last BD tour and we probably also did in Kenya.

as far as Champions Trophy, i hope the boys pull up thier game in time and play some positive, good, winning cricket.

cuz honestly, among those qualifier opponents, only team we didnt beat is WI, and i believe we can beat them in an ODI. plus our performance against the bigger boys has been on the upward chart for the last few matches and would certainly love to keep that pace.

So dont raise ur eye brows if im sounding too enthusiat, but i think we all can certainly hope.
Old August 14, 2006, 10:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
as far as Champions Trophy, i hope the boys pull up thier game in time and play some positive, good, winning cricket.

Nothin to worry about when it comes to Champions trophy we will play the role of Greece....
Old August 14, 2006, 11:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

i hope b'desh bats first and hits some sixs and fours and few centuries... that way i dont have to stay up ALL night, hehe
Old August 14, 2006, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok I am going to bed now. Will wake up before the match starts.

Old August 14, 2006, 11:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaltiger
i hope b'desh bats first and hits some sixs and fours and few centuries... that way i dont have to stay up ALL night, hehe
Few Centuries!!??God bless us...Don't you think even dreams have to have limits!?
Old August 15, 2006, 12:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaltiger
mate u talking bout ur dream or the real match??
Old August 15, 2006, 01:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

one more hour to go.....I am feeling sleepy.....but if I fall asleep I am not waking up before 12..........
Old August 15, 2006, 01:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful

Just heard ASHRAFUL is opening ? Yes, We might see sixes and fours flying in the first twenty over? If Nafess get out early. It would rain sixes and fours with Aftab. I Hope B'Desh wins the toss and bats