facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 22, 2005, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Old September 22, 2005, 01:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

well. good night y'all. sleepy time here
Old September 22, 2005, 01:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Sorry they fooled you too. 197 all out
Yes and it had to be my namesake, Herath !!!

60.5 Herath fld Herath 197
Old September 22, 2005, 01:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Goodnight all my friends who stayed up to watch this match. I know a lot of you did that.

My commiserations to all you BD fans. You deserve better for being the world's best cricket fans.

At least Bangladesh batted better in this match and it was splendid bowling by Syed Rasel and Shahadat Hossain. Shahriar being able to record his maiden test 50 was good too. He seems to lose focus once he reaches fifty.

Though Pilot didn't get high scores, he showed grim determination. I think he should be the captain.

Nothing against Habibul Bashar though I think he is not the ideal captain. He is a world class batsman who is also a gentleman.

Edited on, September 22, 2005, 6:52 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old September 22, 2005, 01:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Well done Sri Lanka. SL didn't take BD lightly and took them on as they would any other opponent. SL played to their true potential and delivered the results expected of them; 3-0 in the ODI series and 2-0 in the test series. If SL tried experiments, this would not have been possible.

The most important thing is the respect SL had for BD. Sri Lanka honoured the tour commitment (without trying to postpone - you know what I mean) and played their best possible side. This was a good opportunity for the young players of Bangladesh.

Thank you BD too for the cricket over the past few weeks. I am sure that this tour helped you identify areas to work on and there will be some good results hopefully, in the near future. For that the coach has to pull his socks up as he is being paid good money !
Old September 22, 2005, 02:01 AM
Test Cricketer

it was nice having you here abherath and also thanks for your support for BD cricket and some nice and encouraging comments. hope to see you around now that the series is over. specially when SL tours BD next year. hopefully we'll do better at home.
Old September 22, 2005, 03:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
it was nice having you here abherath and also thanks for your support for BD cricket and some nice and encouraging comments. hope to see you around now that the series is over. specially when SL tours BD next year. hopefully we'll do better at home.
Thanks howzat.

Yes, I'll be around and I do hope your team would put up a good show in the very next series.

I will be following the careers of Ashraful, Mortaza, Rasel and Shahadat very closely. It will be nice to see them performing well.
Old September 22, 2005, 03:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Nothing against Habibul Bashar though I think he is not the ideal captain. He is a world class batsman who is also a gentleman.
abherath ... you are the gentleman. it's good to have you here in BC ...

Edited on, September 22, 2005, 8:33 AM GMT, by ASA.
Old September 22, 2005, 04:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ASA
Quote:
abherath ... you are the gentleman. it's good to have you here in BC ...

Edited on, September 22, 2005, 8:33 AM GMT, by ASA.
Thank you ASA !
Old September 22, 2005, 04:29 AM
Club Cricketer

we lost again
Old September 22, 2005, 08:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Was there any game plan for today's innings? We gave up too early doing too little.
After playing Test for 5+ years, if the is the mentality of our Managements and Players than I have one thing to say. We are not in the right state of mind, playing this game the way we have been playing lately.

Something needs to be changed here.BCCB needs to sit down with players and coaches and let the people know what they are thinking and how they are planning to correct this dreadful performance.

Also where is the accountability? Who should we blame for this under par performances? How long we have to suffer as a fan.

I know what BCCB will do next. They will arrange a full series against ZIM and an ODI tri-series with BD, ZIM and Ken.Just to boast Players/Supporters moral.

Will that be enough for us? Let us talk about this.
Old September 22, 2005, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Told you guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
And the way Ashraful is playing now, it's more dangerous for him than his 1st innings batting. I hope he can sort things out tomorrow.