facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 5, 2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...72143521_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...64690538_n.jpg

Old December 5, 2013, 01:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

MashaaAllah looks beautiful
Old December 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Perfect for test match..... Also the belcony looks like lords stadium has...mans 6 & women 22 matches will be held in that stadium..... Which is lots of action to see for sylet croweds... Good luck sylet..... Also bd vs sri match will be playing there.....
Old December 6, 2013, 02:34 PM
Banned

Most beautiful stadium in BD in terms of location, and the green galary will be something unique in BD and even in SC!
Old December 6, 2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Got more pics.
How do I upload it on mobile?
Old December 6, 2013, 05:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Beautiful stadium. I sincerely hope that the natural landscape of adjacent tea garden won't be destroyed and/or damaged by influx of spectators.
Old December 6, 2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Got more pics.
Looking foroward to see it.....
Old December 8, 2013, 01:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Got more pics.
Facebook, flickr???
Old March 22, 2014, 03:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Sylhet did not disappoint even for all those neutral games. BCB must plan how they want to distribute tickets if Bangladesh ever turned up to play cricket there.
Old March 22, 2014, 03:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

One of the best pitches in Bangladesh. It has even bounce and pace. Fast bowlers from top teams would love to bowl on it and batsmen also love to bat on it. Perfect ODI, T20 pitch
Old March 22, 2014, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
One of the best pitches in Bangladesh. It has even bounce and pace. Fast bowlers from top teams would love to bowl on it and batsmen also love to bat on it. Perfect ODI, T20 pitch
I disagree

60m boundaries are not fit for international cricket.
Old March 22, 2014, 04:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Yes it is smaller but boundary was brought in to accommodate digital advertising boards. I doubt we have digital advertising boards when we play bi-lateral series.

The pitch is flat. But during Bijoy Dibosh T-20 tournament the square had more grass on it.
Old March 22, 2014, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Not good. I am purging some of the recent posts. Please stay true to BC's spirits.
Old March 22, 2014, 05:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/...ck-market-bind

Quote:
Police seem to be cagey about the whereabouts of a man, known to be close to a Sylhet International Cricket Stadium official, after he was detained for selling World T20 match tickets on the black market.

The detainee, Abu Ahmed, was identified as the car driver of the stadium’s venue leader Hossain Ahmed Samu.

Though it is being widely alleged that the man had been quietly let off following pressure from certain quarters, the police are evading straight answers.

Sylhet Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner (Traffic) Sudipta Dey said Abu was detained around 2pm on Friday while selling tickets on the black market outside the stadium.

Right after his detention, Abu said in the presence of local journalists that he had been selling tickets from Mar 17.

Witnesses said five youths looking for tickets to watch the T20 World Cup match between Ireland and the Netherlands had approached Abu after failing to get tickets at the counter.

Abu demanded Tk 2,000 for five tickets but finally settled for Tk 1,600. But police nabbed him when he came back with the tickets from an accomplice.

His partner, however, managed to flee, said the police personnel on duty.

Abu had called his employer Hossain Ahmed after he was detained. Samu arrived soon and tried to get Abu released, vouching for his innocence.

Soon after that, police officials along with Abu and Samu went inside the stadium.

Many allege Abu was released later, but Airport Police Station OC Aktar Hossain has refused to comment.

He only said that legal steps would be taken against those involved in selling tickets at a premium.

Asked to confirm whether Abu Ahmed had been let off, Assistant Commissioner Sudipta Dey said, “He was taken inside the stadium. I don’t know what happened after that.”

bdnews24.com made several attempts to contact Shafiul Alam Chowdhury Nadel for his comments over telephone, but he did not receive the calls.

One Sabbir Ahmed, who came to watch the match, told bdnews24.com: “There are no tickets at the counters, but the gallery is empty!”

“You can buy a ticket from black marketeers if you are willing to pay up to Tk 500,” he added.

Many frustrated Sylhet cricket fans alleged that BCB officials were involved in selling tickets on the black market.
Entire stadium is empty yet there are no tickets at the counters.
Old March 22, 2014, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Not good. I am purging some of the recent posts. Please stay true to BC's spirits.
I repeat. Posts have been purged. Now get back to business as usual.

- Admin
Old March 22, 2014, 07:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

All these issues Black marketing is due to small holding capacity of the stadiums.

Seeing that only 20000 tickets for sale, a lot of people try to buy the tickets from the counters and sell in the black market. If the stadiums had more seats, then fans could get tickets directly from the counters and no one would really consider buying tickets from the black market.

We see empty seats because some of these tickets are not sold in the black market either.
Old March 22, 2014, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Saifur Rahman would have been happy to see this happen if he were alive now
Old March 22, 2014, 02:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ So would have been S.M. Kibria.

Funny how all the best ministers propped up from those constituencies. Current Nurul Islam Nahid as well.

[AMA Muhit is an exception like Poddo Shorobore Gobor type]
Old April 27, 2015, 02:21 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Sylhet is getting a 5-star Hotel which is just near the airport and 10 minutes away from the stadium.

খুলছে সম্ভাবনার দুয়ার

ওসমানী আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের প্রবেশমুখের বাঁপাশেই উঠছে হোটেলটি। পাঁচ তারকা মানের সব ধরণের সুযোগ সুবিধা সম্বলিত এই হোটেল এবং রিসোর্টটির নাম ” গ্র‍্যান্ড সিলেট”। নির্মাণকাজ এখন প্রায় শেষের পথে। এই হোটেলটি নির্মাণ শেষ হলে সিলেটে আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ খেলার পরিমাণও বেড়ে যাবে বলে মনে করছেন অনেকে। কেন? নিম্নোক্ত কারণে-

গ্র‍্যান্ড সিলেট

হোটেলটি এয়ারপোর্টের পাশেই হচ্ছে। ফলে ক্রিকেটারদের এয়ারপোর্ট থেকে নেমে আর দীর্ঘ কোনো ভ্রমণ করতে হবেনা। সরাসরি হোটেলেই উঠে যেতে পারবেন।

হোটেল থেকে স্টেডিয়ামের দূরত্ব দেড়-দুই কিলোমিটারের মত। পথে কোনো জ্যাম নেই। যেতে ৮/১০ মিনিটের বেশি লাগার কথা না।

প্রশস্ত রাস্তার দুপাশে নয়নাভিরাম চা বাগান যাত্রাপথটাকে করে তুলেছে অপূর্ব সুন্দর। হোটেল থেকে কিছুদূর গেলেই সিলেট ক্যাডেট কলেজ। এর আগে বনবিভাগের কার্য্যালয় এবং স্টাফ কোয়ার্টার ও বনবিদ্যালয়। ক্যাডেট কলেজেই ব্যাবস্থা করা যাবে প্র‍্যাকটিসের। যদি তাই হয় তাহলে ক্রিকেটারদের ভোগান্তিটাও কমে যাবে।

হোটেলের পেছনেই লিটল লন্ডন হাউজিং এস্টেট ও বাইশটিল্লা গ্রাম। লিটল লন্ডন হাউজিং প্রজেক্টেরই অংশ বাইশটিল্লা গ্রামটি। যারা ছবি তুলতে ভালোবাসেন তাদের জন্য উপযুক্ত একটি স্থান এই বাইশটিল্লা গ্রাম। ফলে খেলা দেখতে আগত দর্শকদের সময়টাও কাটবে দারুণ।

হোটেলের আশেপাশে আরও ৩/৪ টি ছোটখাটো কিন্তু ভালো মানের হোটেল আছে যেখানে বহিরাগত দর্শকদের থাকার ব্যাবস্থাটাও হয়ে যাবে। এখান থেকে তাই স্টেডিয়ামে খেলা দেখতে যেতেও তাদের অসুবিধায় পড়তে হবেনা।

স্টেডিয়ামে যাওয়ার পথে মালনীছড়া চা বাগান, গ্যাসক্ষেত্রের এলাকাগুলি পড়বে যা ডিএসএলআর প্রেমীদের জন্য উপযুক্ত জায়গা।

সুতরাং, হোটেলটা হয়ে গেলে সিলেটে খেলার পরিমাণ যে বাড়বে সেটা স্পষ্টতই বুঝা যাচ্ছে। এই একটি কারণেই হয়ত খুলনা, সিলেটে খেলা কম দেয়া হয়। বিশেষ করে সিলেটে। ইতোপূর্বে আমরা দেখেছি, ক্রিকেটারদের রোজভিউ হোটেলে থাকতে হত এবং টুকটাক জ্যাম পেরিয়ে অপরিচ্ছন্ন রাস্তা দিয়ে আসতে হত। যা সাধারণ নগরবাসীদের জন্যই অস্বস্তিকর ব্যাপার ছিল । এজন্যই হয়ত বিদেশীরা সিলেটে খেলতে আসতে চায়না। কারণ তারা যে মানের হোটেল চায় , যে মানের সুযোগ সুবিধা চায় সেটা সিলেটে নেই। কিন্তু আশা করা যাচ্ছে “গ্র‍্যান্ড সিলেট” এই হোটেলটির নির্মাণকাজ শেষ হয়ে গেলে সিলেটে নিয়মিতই খেলা দেওয়া হবে।
Old April 27, 2015, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

I think Rose View Hotel in Sylhet has better facilities than City Inn in Khulna, so even without Grand Sylhet, there is decent facilities to host international matches.

Does anyone know when the Sylhet stadium ground renovation is scheduled to be completed? It will be nice to have a top team (India, SA, Australia) play a test match in Sylhet..
Old April 27, 2015, 10:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Looked a lovely ground but the boundary sizes were pathetic.

Countless edges went for 6, I even recall Kevin fell over reaching for a wide ball vs Holland and still it edged over the boundary
Old April 27, 2015, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C

Countless edges went for 6, I even recall Kevin fell over reaching for a wide ball vs Holland and still it edged over the boundary
IF one looks at the videos again. and see's properly. the Boundaries were 15-20 yards inside (I DONT KNOW WHY). But It can be expanded, unlike most Indian, English, NZ stadiums.

I dont know why they felt they had to do that though. Saw the last WC in NZ the boundaries are short so, BUT, they still had the electronic boards as close to the stands and they didn't have them 10 yards inside or so (that would have made the boundaries even shorter anyway). So there's no question of having them Electronic boards much inside (away from the stands) 'cause of them being electronic ads boards and they need 10-15yards of space'. I think the organises in the last WT20 in Sylhet wanted run-feasts matches hence they brought the ropes in, made it small.
Old April 27, 2015, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Sri Mangol, Sylhet Division, is ready to stage international cricket there's now the finest 5star resort in the country in Srimongol. Just recently found out one of my parant's uncle is one the wealthiest man in Sri Mongol and has a share in the Grand Sultan 5 star resort. I've seen the pics recently... I must say its beautiful.... defo needs a stadium in Sreemongol the tea capital of BD...
Old April 27, 2015, 05:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C

It was a T20 tournament, that's why. Because they want high scoring games, boundary ropes are usually brought in 5-10 meters.
Old April 28, 2015, 02:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Sri Mangol, Sylhet Division, is ready to stage international cricket there's now the finest 5star resort in the country in Srimongol. Just recently found out one of my parant's uncle is one the wealthiest man in Sri Mongol and has a share in the Grand Sultan 5 star resort. I've seen the pics recently... I must say its beautiful.... defo needs a stadium in Sreemongol the tea capital of BD...
Stadium Needs Accommodation near the Venue, Resort doesn't need a stadium since it's not a cricket venue