facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2004, 12:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default adding to Observer\'s comments

In a one-day cricket match; a team batting is allocated 50 overs = 300 balls to score runs. Why don't we go back to the basics, in a cricket field we do have gaps we can turn the ball and steal a single! 300 balls can equal 300 runs! This theory is just hypothetical, but if we don't just bat "Gun Ho!" style- we may just reach 220 plus on a batting friendly track!
Besides as Salim Malik had said that even Warne bowls one bad ball an over which can go for a boundary! So we just need cricketers with that kind of attitude- build an innings, build a partnership. Who said cricket is an individual sport? I'd like to set up an appointment with that person!
We need batters with immaculate technique, confident footwork, with a range of shots, strong will to improve and work on their mistakes! We also need a captain who can lead by example!
I don't want to criticise Habibul Bashar, in fact about 10 years back and still is my favorite batsman in the country! But when i see him playing Internationally- i don't see the footwork quite upto the mark and he looks nervous out there in the middle and most of his Test runs are scored between the wicketkeeper and point- does that suggest he's doing that intentionally? I'll let you guys decide that!
Well i can go on and on criticising about the lack of performance from our cricketers, but i'm merely who looks at things through technique and break performance to its most detailed level!

Old February 26, 2005, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Edited on, February 26, 2005, 5:21 PM GMT, by Zephaniah.
Reason: sorry, pressed the wrong button!
Old February 26, 2005, 12:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

61.17?