facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 27, 2016, 09:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Thought Argentina had a chance against Chile...it was gonna be a good contest....and it did..penalty missed

29 year old messi calling it quits on the international scene...I'm quite disappointed. The appetite for winning should never die..winning a championship for your country is the sweetest feeling. Better than a million titles in the European leagues.

I hope he doesn't pull a 'Raqibul'...

Where will the next superstar of South American football come from? Which country?

Old June 27, 2016, 10:16 AM
Cricket Sage

How can someone be in the conversation for the greatest player ever without having one a single major international tournament? Messi is a great player, def up there amongst the best. But if you have nothing to show for in the international circuit than you are not above the pack. I know people have obsession for Messi and I get it but you can't deny that he had 3 back to back chances to cement his legacy and failed everytime. Each of those games could have ended Argentina's way if Messi delivered, but he didn't. If people would take a step back from their obsession I think most people will agree you need to have at least one major trophy in international circuit to have the title of the greatest ever.
Old June 27, 2016, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ I agree. Maradona will always be above Messi only because He gave Argentina the much cherished world cup. So did Pele.

But I do think Messi will reconsider his decision. It was just an emotional outbreak. He will be back and will lift the cup in Russia
Old June 27, 2016, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

yeah shakib is not the best ever Bangladeshi player just coz he didn't any win any major cup for BD.

and sachin could not have been the best batsmen of modern era if he didn't win the WC.
Old June 27, 2016, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I think ajfar like neymer and his hairstyle .... u answering ur own question .... they are still making to the finals of 3 consecutive major competition where in each the game went overtime ... penalty shootout can not determine a champion side ...

Few tweaks here and there and they could have had all three... would then ur rhetoric change about messi being not the greatest .. unlikely cuz I think u are blinded by brazil/rival support ...

Argentina was met by a lethal German unit in both 2010 and 2014 ... it does not mean messi on its own not better than any of those players by themselves ... maradona with all his glory still has only 1 cup and it was probably on steroids :p. If it's anyone it's maradona that's overhyped...
Old June 27, 2016, 12:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
yeah shakib is not the best ever Bangladeshi player just coz he didn't any win any major cup for BD.

and sachin could not have been the best batsmen of modern era if he didn't win the WC.
Where's MohammadShamim when you need him?

You're right. Shakib IS the best Bangladeshi cricket in the world. But he's not the best player, ever, in the World. And until he wins a couple of World Cup for Bangladesh, he's "No.1 ranked ALR" won't mean jack **** once he hangs it up. It already doesn't. He goes missing in the World events.

Sachin was all about personal milestones. If it weren't for Yuvi and Gambhir in WC11, he'd be titleless just like Messi.

I'd take Ponting, who averages less and has lot less 100's, for his 3 World Titles, over Sachin's all the personal records. Ponting is the definition of clutch. He showed up big time in big games. And he played in a loaded ***, ATG team and managed to outshine them.

Just checked the stats: he was top 3 run scorer in 03, 07. And in the top 10 in 99. He scored in the knockout games. And he had the busiest job in the world. Captaincy.
Old June 27, 2016, 01:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I think ajfar like neymer and his hairstyle .... u answering ur own question .... they are still making to the finals of 3 consecutive major competition where in each the game went overtime ... penalty shootout can not determine a champion side ...

Few tweaks here and there and they could have had all three... would then ur rhetoric change about messi being not the greatest .. unlikely cuz I think u are blinded by brazil/rival support ...

Argentina was met by a lethal German unit in both 2010 and 2014 ... it does not mean messi on its own not better than any of those players by themselves ... maradona with all his glory still has only 1 cup and it was probably on steroids :p. If it's anyone it's maradona that's overhyped...
You lost your credibilty when you started talking about Neymar and his hairstyle. When no one here is talking about Brazil or Neymar. Like I said if you step back from your biasness you would see what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter how many oh so close Messi was away from winning the bottom line is he didn't win. How close were each of those game? You mean to tell me if we are going to call Messi the greatest player ever he couldn't come up with magic just once across 3 different games in 3 different years? Great players deliver when its needed the most. What's the excuse for Messi missing the penalty yesterday? You can't even say the goal keeper read it perfectly. Its all on Messi.
Old June 27, 2016, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

V

=

Old June 27, 2016, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Who said Messi is not amongst the best? Read my post man. Argentina fans are losing it. I pointed out that in order to be considered the greatest player ever you need to have at least something to show for in the international circuit.
Old June 27, 2016, 01:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

^took the team to 2014 WC final, 15 copa America final, 16 copa America final.

all three went to extra time..

if that's the metric, then C Ronaldo is amateur. can barely take Portugal to QF, forget semis or finals.
Old June 27, 2016, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

LOL..How on earth Shak came into comparison with Messi? Yes Shak is the best player of BD, but that doesnt make him the greatest player on earth or even greatest all-rounder ever. Let him help BD win the world cup and ONLY then he will be considered as one of the greatest of cricket.

Likewise, Neymar could be the best player of Brazil at the moment. But is he the greatest Brazilian player ever? World cup is the main criteria if you want to call someone greatest ever. Of course achievement in club level is something noteworthy, but nothing can surpass success at international level. Thats why players like Beckenbower, Pele or Maradona are considered one of the greatest. Because they were successful in club level and they also lifted the most cherished cup for their own countries.
Old June 27, 2016, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
^took the team to 2014 WC final, 15 copa America final, 16 copa America final.

all three went to extra time..

if that's the metric, then C Ronaldo is amateur. can barely take Portugal to QF, forget semis or finals.
"Took the team" --- yea please! So much work, having to carry this broke *** team filled with kana-mamas. All three of those Arg squads were loaded. This same team beat Chili w/o Messi earlier.

Since you bring it up, besides Ronaldo who else is on the Portugal squad? Not to mention Euro is a much tougher league than Copa. Copa is a joke. And I can't even stand Ronaldo. He's a douche
Old June 27, 2016, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Fanboys yet to make a logical counter argument. "Maradona was on roids, Ronaldo was fat." "Neymar's hair cut."

You choke in the final, you're not the greatest ever. SIMPLE!

Win a title ... Wait too late, he copped out like a lil bitch
Old June 27, 2016, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Likewise, Neymar could be the best player of Brazil at the moment. But is he the greatest Brazilian player ever? s.
He is not even a player ..he is a hack .. and Ajfar loves this hack ...

Listen I don't even like Argentina but the logic that one has to lift a country trophy to be eligible to be called greatest is a poor one ... some of the major clubs across all leagues are better than most national teams if u can hypothetically put them head to head ..... soccer has changed over the last 30 years

Ur logic is u are great if u can carry bunch of underperformers to glory for ur country ...... yes true messi plays with good players in barca but he produces unbelievable plays ... he is perhaps unable to do that in Argentina (which is not true it seems that way) not because he isn't great but because the team understanding is not there..

Let me put it differently .... mozart composition need talented musicians to come to life.. it won't work with bunch kids feom 5th grade music band 101 class....

So the argument many put forth is wrong because it's counterintuitive .. messy looks great in club because he plays with good players ...it's actually the opposite.. he can display his talent when he has equally adept player assisting him .... if you are mediocre..u will look worse next to good players.

Having said all this... I still think he needs to.win a.wc just to shut the naysayers and haters ...and that's y it's more sad when he wants to quit national team
Old June 27, 2016, 02:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Okay he isn't the best player of all time. But he is currently the best player.

If you disagree, then tell us who do you think is the best player in the world?

CR7, Bale, Zlatan or someone else ??
Old June 27, 2016, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Sure. He's currently the best player going around. I'd pick him in FIFA over anyone else.

But don't make us laugh by saying he's the best to ever do it.
Old June 27, 2016, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Pooch.....
Old June 27, 2016, 02:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Sure. He's currently the best player going around. I'd pick him in FIFA over anyone else.

But don't make us laugh by saying he's the best to ever do it.
I agree that he isn't all time best. Maybe Pele / Maradona were better.

Same argument can be said around Sachin and Viv Richards.

Viv helped win 3 WC and Sachin won 1 towards the end of his career and that too with minimal contribution.

But many still consider Sachin >> Viv
Old June 27, 2016, 02:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Pooch.....
Lol he won copa. So he is the best
Old June 27, 2016, 02:26 PM
Cricket Savant

^^Correction. ..Viv didn't win 3 WC.
Old June 27, 2016, 02:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

I meant 2.. Man you are too fast!! Give us time to breathe
Old June 27, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

I would pick Viv over Sachin. But thats a different topic.
Old June 27, 2016, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I meant 2.. Man you are too fast!! Give us time to breathe
Ahh...would have love if he won 3 WC tho
Old June 27, 2016, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd pick

Real Ronaldo over all others. Zidane close 3rd. Had he not lost his **** in 06.

Ponting over Sachin Tachin
Warne over Murali (Murali better but leggie biased)
Wasim over Mcgrath
Lee over Shoaib

MJ over Kobe
Montana over Aikman

From current:

Messi over Ronaldo

Kohli over AB de
Starc over Mustafiz
Steyn over Anderson
Where the hell are all the spinners? I'll have to settle for Ashwin over? No competition.

Brady over Rodgers
Curry over LeBron (I hate LeBron)
Old June 27, 2016, 03:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

^ Ananta Jalil OR Shakib Khan??

(Google if you don't know)