facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 21, 2016, 08:57 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Arg 2 USA 0

First half gone

Old June 21, 2016, 10:29 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Wow that was total domination. US team is better than this but couldnt get going at all. Argentina is just playing amazing football. Gaitan, D Maria's absence didnt matter one bit. Hoping they dont do a South Africa in the final
Old June 21, 2016, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Argentina didn't even try. They can crank up their game up X 2 to 3 . Currently there are no south America team capable of tackling this team .... Chile comes the closest I think ....

Like I said ..miles ahead ... I like to see how some of the European teams fair against them now ? Argentina should ideally win 2018..otherwise it Wil be a shame ... 2 years still long away...
Old June 21, 2016, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Give messy free kick few feet just outside the box ..it is equal to giving him a penalty ... today's play was just the perfect evidence of messy magic.. if the foul wasn't made it would have been a goal... foul was necessary to prevent the goal but just outside the box ..might as well be a penalty kick for messy .... that's the most danger area when he has the ball...

Me and my friend were talking about precisely this and subsequently the free kick was a perfectly placed goal .....

Later part of the game his team mates couldn't even read his pass ...Maaan magician
Old June 26, 2016, 10:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't watch soccer. But I know enough to know people need to hop off of Messi dick. Overrated. World Cup 2014, Copa 2015, 2016. He's the Sachin of soccer. All individual glories.

Superstar players I'd never want in my team in the Championship games. List of Unclutch:

Messi
Peyton Manning
Sachin
Steph Curry
LeBron (pre-game 6-7)
AB de Villiers
Or anyone else from South African cricket team
Gayle

These are all stats machine, nothing else. Give me Montana's, Brady's, Kobe's, Kohli's instead.
Old June 26, 2016, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

dilscoop don't talk like an ignorant bi***. If u don't watch soccer just be quiet ..messi is still better than any footballer u talk about. I feel really sad for him. This Chile team is one of the best... last world cup they went to the semis also....

Argentina repeatedly making finals in major tournaments ...... there is a reason for it...
Old June 26, 2016, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^

Messi can't buy a Cup for Argentina with all these star players around him.

Lionel Chokie.
Old June 26, 2016, 10:38 PM
Cricket Sage

^ Are you serious Argentina making finals is good enough to show Messi'a greatness. Than why isn't Messy great enough to finish the job? So when Messi takes his team to the final its all his credit but when he can't close the deal in the final its not his fault its either well there are 10 other players on the team excuse or the other team is good. Its a two way street you can't have it both ways.

Bottom line is this, the best player in the world doesn't have a single noteable trophy to show for when it comes to international circuit without the superstars from Barcelona by his side. Honestly Copa America is not even that big of a deal, Euro probably comes 2nd to world cup, but still its something.
Old June 26, 2016, 10:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Aj, that's usually the typical response from all the fanboy's of any athletes. All glory, but no blame or accountability. And let's not act like Messi's carrying this team on his back or something. This team is loaded! Di Maria, Aguero, Tevez, Mascherano, Zabaleta, Romero, who else am I missing?

Can't even win a trash league like COPA. And La Liga competition is just as trash. They just have to out Yankee-money Real Madrid and that's it.
Old June 27, 2016, 01:21 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

23 year wait continues for Argentina. Losing three finals in a row is a crushing blow to any Arg fan. Matters made much worse by the retirement of messi. This really sucks.
Old June 27, 2016, 02:42 AM
Cricket Guru

L-M-A-O he's retiring
Old June 27, 2016, 04:35 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope all of you F***** are happy now.... if Messi holds to it, no more him in 2018. Who the f wants to watch a world cup with the greatest player sitting out on the beach. I feel so sad.
Old June 27, 2016, 05:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

LMAO yea like this is somehow OUR fault that he's a one big choke artist. iDumb is seriously one dumb fanboy... Also like how you just completely ignored Ajfar's post because you couldn't find anything logical to say.

Greatest?! LMAO! I know so much more about soccer than you fanboy.

*So much crying-Jordan-Emoji*
Old June 27, 2016, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Messi's records may see him end up greatest player of all time, but as far as best Argentine footballer of all time, well i guess Maradona will keep that title for the foreseeable future.

What disappointing me is week after week he scores these amazing goals for Barcelona, and when with Argentina all that magic disappears. And this is not just Messi, Aguero, Higuain are all the same.

Barring the rightback position, this is a terrific Argentine side loaded with talent in all areas. Maradona did amazingly in 86 and 90 with comparatively lesser sides with low profile names, lesser European stars. Sometimes single handedly pulled Argentina forward. And whenever he played he could instill this aura of self belief, confidence and positivity amongst his fellow players. Perhaps reasons why Maradona will always be the god of Argentine football.
Old June 27, 2016, 06:15 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

this is sad, 2018 WC will be dull without messi
Old June 27, 2016, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

It is difficult to compare footballers from different generations. Maradona played with lesser team mates true but i think he also played against lesser opponents. Current crop of international players are more athletic, more tactical and players are studied more extensively to have plans at place for them. 5 players sorround Messi the moment he gets the ball...

this is where team cohesiveness comes to play. AT barcelona or any club games, each player understands others game and there is cohesiveness and they play together all the time but at national level these days, you just bring in bunch of club superstars and put them on the field without much preparation.. and you can not win world cups like that... yet they have come so close. That's one of the reason you see Brazil faltering to go even past group stages..

you can see the results of this lack of cohesiveness, some of the passes/assists from Messi, his team mates can not even read, which at club level would probably be goals. IN 2014 WC, there were chances created by messsi which was not put through.. So it is unfair to blame him solely becuase it is not the 80s anymore where one individual performance will get you far... because defense will be placed on your strength..

I don't judge a player based on how many trophies he is getting, i judge him based on the skills he displays on the field. Messi penetrates through 5 good defensive players and sets up goals.. this is nothing short of magic. No other current footballer can do that.

Klose has the highest world cup goals but no football fan will say he is the best german footballer. Even think of Ronaldo of Brazil... his name do not even come up when ppl talk about greatest players these days... with 2 world cup championship....#2 in world cup goals... He was part of a good cohesive team.

Having said all this.. this current ARgentina team has enough strength to be the world champion. Why they can't cross that milestone is hard to answer. I think it's probably a combination of lack of practice together/cohesiveness, superior defense from opponents/facing just a better put together unit (ie germany 2014), perhaps even a little lack of pride in playing for a country that you are not part of since childhood...I don't know. But the team is still coming to finals and falling just short and that too on extra times or penalties.
Old June 27, 2016, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Greatest?! LMAO! I know so much more about soccer than you fanboy.
Good for you. Trolls like you will always come out blazing in times like this. Real football fans sometimes watch football for its sheer art not to see some ugly goals. Don't get too hung up on results. We are Bangaldeshis/American - why do we care if argentina wins or loses.. but we do like to see some good soccer at display....

and hence all the illogical hating on the greatest footballer ever is annoying.
Old June 27, 2016, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
It is difficult to compare footballers from different generations. Maradona played with lesser team mates true but i think he also played against lesser opponents. Current crop of international players are more athletic, more tactical and players are studied more extensively to have plans at place for them. 5 players sorround Messi the moment he gets the ball...

this is where team cohesiveness comes to play. AT barcelona or any club games, each player understands others game and there is cohesiveness and they play together all the time but at national level these days, you just bring in bunch of club superstars and put them on the field without much preparation.. and you can not win world cups like that... yet they have come so close. That's one of the reason you see Brazil faltering to go even past group stages..

you can see the results of this lack of cohesiveness, some of the passes/assists from Messi, his team mates can not even read, which at club level would probably be goals. IN 2014 WC, there were chances created by messsi which was not put through.. So it is unfair to blame him solely becuase it is not the 80s anymore where one individual performance will get you far... because defense will be placed on your strength..

I don't judge a player based on how many trophies he is getting, i judge him based on the skills he displays on the field. Messi penetrates through 5 good defensive players and sets up goals.. this is nothing short of magic. No other current footballer can do that.

Klose has the highest world cup goals but no football fan will say he is the best german footballer. Even think of Ronaldo of Brazil... his name do not even come up when ppl talk about greatest players these days... with 2 world cup championship....#2 in world cup goals... He was part of a good cohesive team.

Having said all this.. this current ARgentina team has enough strength to be the world champion. Why they can't cross that milestone is hard to answer. I think it's probably a combination of lack of practice together/cohesiveness, superior defense from opponents/facing just a better put together unit (ie germany 2014), perhaps even a little lack of pride in playing for a country that you are not part of since childhood...I don't know. But the team is still coming to finals and falling just short and that too on extra times or penalties.
Well said, nice analysis, particularly on the comparison with players from different generation. I always have a debate with a mate of mine how Sachin faced better bowling than Bradman, but we can never come to a conclusion with that debate.

One issue Messi faces with the NT is the others simply dont step up with him around, whereas in Barca its a team effort. Who knows if pressure is reduced from his shoulders he can do better. But this is where Maradona was a boss, he relished pressure and challenges.

Argentina is playing far better quality of football than some of the big teams in EURO. They have the players, they have the system-somehow they underperform when it matters. But how Tata Martinez can end this 30 year drought, not sure.
Old June 27, 2016, 07:12 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:

lol which people? Ours? Yes. i can understand that. They barely watch football except big occasion.
and he was just part of a good team? He is one of the best forward of the game (if not the best). Cant believe what i'm reading here.
Old June 27, 2016, 07:15 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ dude iDumb is clearly a Messi fanboy. With any fanboys, there will always be delusional and illogical comments.

Quote:
Good for you. Trolls like you will always come out blazing in times like this. Real football fans sometimes watch football for its sheer art not to see some ugly goals. Don't get too hung up on results. We are Bangaldeshis/American - why do we care if argentina wins or loses.. but we do like to see some good soccer at display....

and hence all the illogical hating on the greatest footballer ever is annoying.
IDK what any of that has to do with anything I said. But I watch soccer enough to know Sachin Messiedulkar is NOT the greatest footballer ever. And between the two of us, you're the GOAT troll.

Please quit acting like a fanboy.
Old June 27, 2016, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
lol which people? Ours? Yes. i can understand that. They barely watch football except big occasion.
and he was just part of a good team? He is one of the best forward of the game (if not the best). Cant believe what i'm reading here.
LOL. You sound like a Brazilian fan. My point was he was able to achieve some of those trophys because he was part of a good cohesive teams, as opposed to Brazil now that can't even make it past group stages or get humiliated at wc at home despite having good individual players. No where did I say he is not a great player... another way of putting it would be he had achieved more at World stage despite being a poorer player than Messi ...
Old June 27, 2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
LOL. You sound like a Brazilian fan. My point was he was able to achieve some of those trophys because he was part of a good cohesive teams, as opposed to Brazil now that can't even make it past group stages or get humiliated at wc at home despite having good individual players. No where did I say he is not a great player... another way of putting it would be he had achieved more at World stage despite being a poorer player than Messi ...
and you sound like a classic argentine fan.

Lol. they don't even play in the same position. anyway, lets just agree to disagree.
Old June 27, 2016, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
. they don't even play in the same position. .
Yeah I know Messi plays in a more respectable position. All the lazy fat asses plays forward. And ronaldo was a fatass no denying that. :p

I am not an ARgentine fan. I like Germany outside USA. But you can say I regard Messi highly and a big fan.
Old June 27, 2016, 08:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I really wanted Argentina to win!!!

he scored through a pin hole in free kicks and failed on penalty! how can he miss!! I really feel for him. He knew it was over the moment he missed it.

by the way, the culprit for argentina was higuain. Had the best chance of the game and ruined in it. Di maria was poor as well.
Old June 27, 2016, 08:22 AM

quoting someone else post.. Perfectly summed up

Quote:
I would feel bad for Messi, if not for the fan boys (and girls). And if he didn't "retire" which was such a bitch move. Maradona on his *** all the time. The small sample size of the international game. But the fans make it insufferable, and since he bitched out after failing, screw him. He's been brilliant in this tournament, but they had a joke of a run-in. He comes on against 10 man Panama and lights them up. They get Venezuela then the US to get to the final. Not one person even thought it was relevant that the one tough game they won, against Chile in the group stage, he didn't even play. Everyone keeps saying they're the #1 team in the world, they beat Chile without him...this team is loaded. It's not all about him.

But they've made it about him. Simple assists turned into masterpieces. Easy chances turned into the greatest goals ever. It was like an economic bubble. Inflating the value of Messi's assets. Then when he misses a PK, misses, not even saved so you can't credit the keeper, but misses, the bubble bursts, and here's the carnage. When you're given too much credit for things you didn't do, and then completely let the team down individually at the critical moment, you're going to get it. It's a bit unfair because he never asked for all the credit, but again, once you fake retire to deflect negative press, you lose any sympathy.