facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2003, 06:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Pakistan\'s chances towards super six

Here is the equation:

Zimbabwe bats first:
i) If Zimbabwe scores 100, Pakistan will need to get the runs in 10.5 overs.
ii) If Zimbabwe scores 150, Pakistan will need to get the runs in 12.1 overs.
iii) If Zimbabwe scores 200, Pakistan will need to get the runs in 13.2 overs.
iv) If Zimbabwe scores 250, Pakistan will need to get the runs in 14.2 overs.

Pakistan bats first:
i) If Pakistan scores 200 they will need to dismiss Zimbabwe for 13 or less.
ii) If Pakistan scores 250 they will need to dismiss Zimbabwe for 62 or less.
iii) If Pakistan scores 300 they will need to dismiss Zimbabwe for 112 or less.
iv) If Pakistan scores 350 they will need to dismiss Zimbabwe for 161 or less.

Old March 3, 2003, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Basically, they ain\'t gonna make it...

...I wonder why the media are paying the Zimbabweans no respect whatsoever, and are focussing so much on the outside chances of Pakistan.
Old March 3, 2003, 07:24 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Not gonna happen

Group A: Australia, India, England/Zimbabwe
Group B: Sri Lanka, Kenya, NZ

No Pakistan and surprisingly (!) no Bangladesh.
Old March 4, 2003, 02:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Pakistan need atleast 400 if they are batting first, Need to bowl out Zimbabwe for less than 100 if they are bowling first so as to have a realistic chance.
Old March 4, 2003, 04:48 AM
Club Cricketer

why do i have a feeling that pakistan wont qualify? and if they dont it would be a waste of talent.the wc rules are quite unrealistic.i still cant digest the fact that kenya might actually make it to the semis just cuz they got [and might get] lucky in some matches.SA and WI deserve to be in the super six batch, not kenya.i hope WI scare kenya today even though its not going to make any difference for either of the teams.
Old March 4, 2003, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Default What does it matter?

Kenya being in the Super Sixes is a good thing. It sends a good signal to all the minnows. Nobody complains about the erosion of quality when South Korea, the USA, and Japan make the later stages of the football World Cup. So why all the raving and ranting when it comes to cricket. The whole game becomes more interesting. It's definitely a good thing that the 9-team hegemony of world cricket is being dismantled slowly. Kenya's qualification for the Super Sixes spices up the cricketing arena, and that can never be bad.
Old March 4, 2003, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Hey, I was raving and ranting about South Korea reaching the semis of football. I am sorry but they got extremely lucky with some apalling refereeing in the world cup.

WI just thrashed Kenya by 142 runs! And Pakistan and Zimbabwe got washed out, so Zimbabwe go through to the super sixes as well. This world cup is turning into a farce. When Zimbabwe got to the super sixes in 1999, I was happy for them because they beat India and South Africa. This time, they beat Namibia and Holland and are in the super sixes! Thats ridiculous.

I think this forfeiting points business needs to change. Both NZ and England had, in my view, pretty legitimate reasons for not touring Kenya and Zimbabwe. The Zimbs are up in arms against the English after the way the Blair government is going after Mugabe. Lets also not forget what NZ went through in Pakistan, severed limbs flying through their hotel window!And also, does anyone really believe that NZ didn't go because they were scared to face the Kenyans? The last time England played Zimbs in an ODI series, it was the five-match series in Zimbabwe that England won 5-0!

I think if a team refuses to play a match somewhere because of legitimate security reasons, and the technical committee refuses to change the venue, the teams should share points. Its not like NZ woke up one morning and decided that they won't tour Kenya (a pretty easy four points as WI just proved). They obviously thought long and hard and decided that the risk was not worth taking for 4 points!

Also, can they have reserve days for Gods sake? This is the world cup! All this rain is getting on my nerves.
Old March 4, 2003, 12:06 PM
Club Cricketer

its not kenya that im against,its the fact that just cuz they got lucky theyre going this far,they dont really deserve it,same for zimbabwe.
well the rain isnt all that bad either...thanks to it we got 2 points and are second last among all the teams otherwise we would be sharing the bottom of the table with namibia.
Old March 4, 2003, 12:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Sham\'s comments

Agree with his comments. The only reason I was calling NZ chicken hearted was for letting Kenya through.

Anyways, England did not go to Zimbabwe for good reasons, even Zimbabwe's own - Andy Flower, came out an protested and atrocities of his government. ICC should have taken that into consideration. NZ and England were both ready to play in neutral venues - an idea that I supported. Heck, why do you think India and Pakistan needs neutral venues to face each other ?

Also, in the next rounds, there will be a lot of OPEN days, ICC could have atleast had rain days for super sixes, semis and they may have a rain day for the final.

Old March 4, 2003, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Shubhos's comments

South korea went thru to the later stages coz they beat poland and portugal fair and square. there were some dubious decisions after that.

Kenya got trashed by 2 teams and they r on the verge of the semi finals even if they get trashed 3 more times.

Do u seriously think s korea, japan or usa wud be in later stages of football world cup even if they got trashed 5 times and won 3 times
Old March 4, 2003, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This world cup is turning into a farce.
Agreed. Why don't they just declare the Aussies champions?
Old March 4, 2003, 07:51 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Aussie champs

What if Sri Lanka or India turn around ? Let's not forget NZ and Zimbabwe and heck, even Kenya.
Old March 4, 2003, 08:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bad luck for Pakistan they r now out of Super Six.....
Old March 4, 2003, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What if Sri Lanka or India turn around ? Let's not forget NZ and Zimbabwe and heck, even Kenya.
I know that you know that everyone knows that only Aussies know whether they are going to be champs or not.
Old March 5, 2003, 01:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think Pakistant would be losing the match against Zim on that day. They were 73/3 in 14 overs - they could be easily booked within 180 or less if it was not washed out.
Old March 5, 2003, 03:36 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Ponting

POntings a lucky you know what ... This was Steve's team and he should have won the cup.

The only way Australia can lose is if we send Pilot as their fielding coach and bowling consultant for Ponting. You know, that talk over the helmet/headphone deal like the South African's tried.

Then, Australia would go home from the semis. Muhahahahahahahha.