facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 8, 2012, 11:07 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
No, Night_Wolf and contrary to what his name might suggest, he seems to sleep through the night.
woke up..ajke sorkari chuti tai aktu besi gumay felsi ...anyway Boss you are up next..sorry for making you wait

Old August 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
Administrator

done - the brits are next - nadim and then MoC
Old August 8, 2012, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Then we have a long wait because Mijan won't be up a while, but if Isnad is still up when Mijan chooses, we can finish round one by early tomorrow (my time).
Old August 8, 2012, 11:14 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Draft Tips: Consider the general rule of T20. SR over Average. While 20 might look like a bad avg. it's great for T20. 100s SR is below par, 110s avg, 120s, Good.
are you taking the stats for t20 or t20I only?
Old August 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Both. Check my previous post on that topic . There is no "Stat Log" where I just enter the stats and they build you a player. It's all dynamic, and broken apart, asks you to pretty much "rate" pretty much every aspects of their game.

You guys all should know who are the good T20 players. I expecting you guys to pick the obvious players till at least round 10. And from 11-14 where it comes all the research and stats and unknowns.
Old August 8, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

- Nadim is not here. But he sent me his picks. I'll go draft for him right now.

- Zee dropped out. He was just bullshiting with us. Don't know why he had to join in the first place. I'll replace him with a "AI" team. I'll draft players for that team. But not the best of them, just the decent players, and leave the good ones for you guys. I'll also make that team the last pick at the end of every round.
Old August 8, 2012, 11:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
- Nadim is not here. But he sent me his picks. I'll go draft for him right now.

- Zee dropped out. He was just bullshiting with us. Don't know why he had to join in the first place. I'll replace him with a "AI" team. I'll draft players for that team. But not the best of them, just the decent players, and leave the good ones for you guys. I'll also make that team the last pick at the end of every round.
if he wont play then drop the team..lets go with other guys..do we need that team now?..IMHO now Shewag should be available
Old August 8, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Nadim's done. Up Next MohammadC.
--------------------------------------------

There has to be a time where everyone overlaps, and all of you could just sit down and keep drafting for good 30 min or so, and will will be done within a day. I shuffled until everyone at top would be from same time zone and everyone at the bottom would from the same time zone. Worked well for the top 5, not so much for the bottom 9.
Old August 8, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Good morning people! Ready to pick !
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 8, 2012, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nadim's done. Up Next MohammadC.
--------------------------------------------

There has to be a time where everyone overlaps, and all of you could just sit down and keep drafting for good 30 min or so, and will will be done within a day. I shuffled until everyone at top would be from same time zone and everyone at the bottom would from the same time zone. Worked well for the top 5, not so much for the bottom 9.
9 pm Dhaka time. Morning in the US - afternoon for the Brits. Just late night for the Aussies. Any Aussie manager here?
Old August 8, 2012, 11:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if he wont play then drop the team..lets go with other guys..do we need that team now?..IMHO now Shewag should be available
It would be uneven 13 team. Wont work. I had to change the plan from 4 division 2 division of 7 teams. It's perfect right now. I'll leave the team, and run it as a "AI." I'll leave Sehwag, or else it won't be fair for the top 6 guys who already had their picks.

It's only Sehwag. There are ton of good players on that list.
Old August 8, 2012, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Sehwag is ordinary - he is not even in the top 10 for T20s
Old August 8, 2012, 11:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
9 pm Dhaka time. Morning in the US - afternoon for the Brits. Just late night for the Aussies. Any Aussie manager here?
We should do that then. And no, I don't think so. Not that I know. (Then again, I only few manager's location. Didn't know Nadim was in England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Sehwag is ordinary - he is not even in the top 10 for T20s
lol. I can honestly say there are about 4-5 guys on the list who are just as good, and even better. (Risky pick Gayle is still there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Good morning people! Ready to pick !
Hopefully Moc will be here soon.
Old August 8, 2012, 11:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I got few replies yesterday from different members who wanted join, but can't because they assume it will take lot of their time. I probably should've convinced them that it really won't. But didn't because, one I'm not sure how long it might take you guys to finish the draft. Two, we're done hiring managers atm. We are pretty much set, and good to go. (Unless someone wants to take over from Z)

Positives, we have 7 more picks in last 12 hrs than we did whole day yesterday!

Last edited by Dilscoop; August 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM..
Old August 8, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Who are we waiting for again?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 9, 2012, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Check the Draft thread. Read the order post #1. Check the last post to see where we stand.
Old August 9, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
MO bhai, its about 6 am UK time I think, so I'm guessing he will be getting up for work so sometime in the next few hours he will post his oick.

I think we all need to consider Dillu's 5 name plan. People might be thinking what if all the names I choose are already taken, but that won't be the case when you have only 1 or two people going ahead of you. For example, Nadim gave his picks to Dillu because at that time we were waiting for just Night Wolf, so Nadim did ended up getting a pick from his chosen 5. I'm sure if MO bhai did the same he would have gotten someone in his team from his top 5.

I think what we should do when when we are waiting for someone, the next 2 people who will go after the person we are waiting for can send their pick to Dillu, that way in case they are not available Dillu can draft player for them and we get through rounds much quicker.
Old August 9, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cricket Sage

I'm regretting picking Steyn. There are other good bowlers other there too that I could have picked later on, should have picked up a batsman or hard hitting all rounder like Pollard, by the time I go again a lot of the big names will be off the list.
Old August 9, 2012, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

So, MoC bhai is fast asleep I guess. Gonna take a long long time...
Old August 9, 2012, 12:19 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
MO bhai, its about 6 am UK time I think, so I'm guessing he will be getting up for work so sometime in the next few hours he will post his oick.

I think we all need to consider Dillu's 5 name plan. People might be thinking what if all the names I choose are already taken, but that won't be the case when you have only 1 or two people going ahead of you. For example, Nadim gave his picks to Dillu because at that time we were waiting for just Night Wolf, so Nadim did ended up getting a pick from his chosen 5. I'm sure if MO bhai did the same he would have gotten someone in his team from his top 5.

I think what we should do when when we are waiting for someone, the next 2 people who will go after the person we are waiting for can send their pick to Dillu, that way in case they are not available Dillu can draft player for them and we get through rounds much quicker.
So both T_E and Isnaad should send me their pick before leaving? Is that what you are saying?
Old August 9, 2012, 12:21 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I'm regretting picking Steyn. There are other good bowlers other there too that I could have picked later on, should have picked up a batsman or hard hitting all rounder like Pollard, by the time I go again a lot of the big names will be off the list.
lol exactly what I thought to myself when I checked the list this morning. But then again, there are many good T20 batsman, and not too many T20 bowlers.
Old August 9, 2012, 12:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Bulls Happy With 1st Draft Pick

From Chicago Tribune: On a Press Conference at Chicago Tribune office Chicago Bull's owner Sam Zell revealed their 1st draft pic KA Pollard to the press. He said Bulls were extreamly happy to have the big man part of their team. KA Pallard said he was prould to be the Man of Chicago. Sam Zell Jokingly said in the press conference " i Hava Bull for my Bulls now!"

Zell and Pollard having a nice time at the press conference
Old August 9, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
So both T_E and Isnaad should send me their pick before leaving? Is that what you are saying?
Ya I think it would he a good idea, cause lets say MO bhai makes his pick but than Isnaad and T_E bhai is out since we don't know exactly when MO bhai will be here, so we wait again. I mean if they are available than that's fine, but it doesn't hurt to have this step implemented I think it will make things go faster. Unless you are not available either well than it won't work.
Old August 9, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Ya I think it would he a good idea, cause lets say MO bhai makes his pick but than Isnaad and T_E bhai is out since we don't know exactly when MO bhai will be here, so we wait again. I mean if they are available than that's fine, but it doesn't hurt to have this step implemented I think it will make things go faster. Unless you are not available either well than it won't work.
Ya, seeing how Isnaad is here, I asked him to leave me his picks. Just in case.

Also notice how I got rid of "Only three times" rule, along with few other draft rules. I'll allow it few times to hurry us up.
Old August 9, 2012, 12:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Bulls Happy With 1st Deaft Pick

From Chicago Tribune: On a Press Conference at Chicago Tribune office Chicago Bull's owner Sam Zell revealed their 1st draft pic KA Pollard to the press. He said Bulls were extreamly happy to have the big man part of their team. KA Pallard said he was prould to be the Man of Chicago. Sam Zell Jokingly said in the press conference " i Hava Bull for my Bulls now!"

Zell and Pollard having a nice time at the press conference
I think he is more impressed with his hairdo than his batting.