facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2005, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!
Default Do you still want to see DW as our coach?

After reading Dave Whatmore's comment (BBC), do you still want to see him as our coach?

Mods. If you think this pool is not necessary please delete. I just want to know how BC members feel about this? From different posts it is hard to find the real opinion on this.
Old April 9, 2005, 11:54 AM
Test Cricketer

ofcourse we still need him

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 7:25 PM GMT, by rana.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes I would still like to see him coach our boys. But if he leaves, we should all thank him for what he's done for BD cricket. Such is the nature of the business, no use crying over it.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Voted for "don't care", though I would like to see him continue his work with BD. But it he leaves, then it's definately not the end of our cricket.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 6:33 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

With all these talks of DW leaving, the comments he had in BBC and his discussion with samircreep, I don't hold the same respect for him as I used to. I thought he could become the "father" of Bangladesh Cricket by taking the Cricket level of Bangladesh to a high standard with all his hard works and dedications.
But now I feel, his heart is no longer with us .

So, I don't really care anymore if he is our coach or not.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 10:40 PM GMT, by ehsan.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I think DW did a lot for our cricket.

But point is whether he can OPENLY show his desire to work for another country (India) while he is still our coach. I think this is not good for our country.

IMO BCB should not allow him to cotinue.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 6:45 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.
Old April 9, 2005, 02:06 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Considering what he did for us and all the things that he's capable of giving us until the year 2007, I have to say yes.

Besides, if we're that professional to not to retain Whatmore for 2 more years, (for which time period - we dearly need him) - then why couldn't our 'big mouth' journalists keep their mouth shut before any official announcement came? (No offense to Sameercreep).
Old April 9, 2005, 02:28 PM
Test Cricketer

who cares, he isn't even leaving
Old April 9, 2005, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

whats the standing banglacricket record for the most number of threads on a specific topic?

Asha kori beshi duure nai amra....

________
Suzuki Xl7

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM..
Old April 9, 2005, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, I don't really care anymore either. Obviously his services would be useful, but I don't want a coach who isn't heart and soul into his job! If he is having doubts, I'd rather he left! If on the other hand, he seriously wants to be our coach for the next two years, and not only because India opted for someone else instead of him, then yeah, of course I want him to carry on!
Old April 9, 2005, 05:56 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

yes, i'd say keep dav in anycost (realistacally of course). he is a pro. if he stays, he'll do what he did before. nothing to worry about that. all we need to worry about is getting him signing the papers.

how about someone puts a gun on his head: drool::duh:
Old April 9, 2005, 11:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Ofcourse, why not? If you are working and offered a better job (both in terms of pay and exposure) would you stick to your old job. Try to put yourself in Whatmore's shoes and think. He is a professional and his recent actions only suggest that. We need such professional approach among our players.
Old April 10, 2005, 01:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Yes.
Old April 10, 2005, 08:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

Do you still want to see DW as our coach?

I'll Answer your question when BD team returns from England tour!
Old April 10, 2005, 09:02 AM
Test Cricketer

This is such emotional bullcrap. Not this thread, but the negative reactions towards DW in General.

I mean, comon guys. SERIOUSLY speaking. If someone were to offer you a job right now at this moment, which pays you atleast double the amount you are getting paid now, would you still be working in the same place?
I know that, I for one, would most definately leave.

This is not public service. You work, you get paid. You work for the person who pays you the most.

Not to mention, he is not even leaving. That crap they wrote on BBC (to whom I have sent a very very long e-mail complaining about it), and the crap some people are writing in this board (oh, I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who heard through a peep-hole that DW is leaving)is only making things worse.

If you haven't heard it yet, than hear it from me for last freaking time. DW is not leaving and that he is in the process of extending his contract with BCB in a matter of days/weeks.

If you can't swallow it, good, atleast don't spit out any more crap against him.

Blah
Old April 10, 2005, 03:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Exactly, I am with Blah, how many times shall I have to tell? Our :bald: (dave) is not leaving and that's final!.. I am actually just fed up by so many threads regarding this matter. Eveyone overhere forces to believe themselves in just wrong sources and news.
Old April 10, 2005, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Look, we all hope that you guys are right! But unlike you, I'm not willing to celebrate till the man himself signs on the dotted line!
Old April 11, 2005, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i don't care. i didn't like the way he talked so openly about working for india. if his heart's not with us, we should ask him to leave. our cricket should not and will not stop once he does so.

having said that, i must acknowledge all that he has done for BD cricket in the last two years, and i do believe that keeping him will do us good (unless he completely loses interest in this job).
Old April 11, 2005, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

He is a professional coach, If he takes on Bangladesh Coaching for next two years, I'm sure he will provide the same quality of serivce as he provided over the last couple of years. There is no doubt about it. Prospect of his coaching career depends on his performance in his present coaching job. So, it does not matter where his heart belongs...he will perform no matter he is in India or in Bangladesh...this is what called Professionalism.
Old April 11, 2005, 02:49 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

i'd rather keep dav even with the mind of condition stated by asifthemanrahman. the reason is, he has been there for two years and knows all the ins and outs about every players. he knows things like:
even though this guy looks like doing this very easily, he actually is not able to do it.
this guy has this strength but need to make him belive that.
never ask this guy to do it this way, he'll go crazy.

u know what i mean. now, if a new coach comes in, he'll have to rewrite the whole manual and that will take time. and since dav is a pro, he'll keep doing it if he stays.

so, i really hope he is staying.
Old April 11, 2005, 02:50 PM
Test Cricketer

What annoys me the most is that people don't understand that when DW will not perform upto his expectation BCB will kick him out without any consideration.

And hire someone who performs.

When he wants to leave on his own will, it's a bad thing.
When we will kick him out (just like we kicked Gordon out), it won't be such a bad thing.

I guess the word, "professionalism", doesn't mean much to a lot of people around here.

Blah
Old April 11, 2005, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by ehsan
I thought he could become the "father" of Bangladesh Cricket
Edited on, April 9, 2005, 10:40 PM GMT, by ehsan.
Hey, I'd like to have 7 kids, but some would rather have vasectomy and get paid double.
Old April 12, 2005, 10:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

I wonder, why people forget the dearest friend so quickly.
Old April 13, 2005, 05:58 PM
Club Cricketer

I just cannot thank Blah enough for that incredibly accurate and blunt reaction. Im just glad someone said it.
And Helll yeah I want to see Dav as our coach still.
Old April 13, 2005, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
This is such emotional bullcrap. Not this thread, but the negative reactions towards DW in General.

I mean, comon guys. SERIOUSLY speaking. If someone were to offer you a job right now at this moment, which pays you atleast double the amount you are getting paid now, would you still be working in the same place?
I know that, I for one, would most definately leave.

This is not public service. You work, you get paid. You work for the person who pays you the most.

Not to mention, he is not even leaving. That crap they wrote on BBC (to whom I have sent a very very long e-mail complaining about it), and the crap some people are writing in this board (oh, I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who heard through a peep-hole that DW is leaving)is only making things worse.

If you haven't heard it yet, than hear it from me for last freaking time. DW is not leaving and that he is in the process of extending his contract with BCB in a matter of days/weeks.

If you can't swallow it, good, atleast don't spit out any more crap against him.

Blah
Thanks Blah... I am 100% with you on this one. It's sad that we tend to forget the love and contribution of DW. We should know what difference this coach made to our team... don't forget the time when the performance graph of our team went downhill with Mohsin kamal at the helm.

I find it hard to believe that we are more than willing to believe the BBC report which was based on misplaced comments... It was very irresponsible journalism by BBC. Thanks to Blah for writing the complaint.

Some of us have been talking about DW's professionalism when he said those words... i wonder how professional we are in commenting about him. Should we expect more than what we are doing?