facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 14, 2014, 05:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default speculation: will Taskin make the Test team?

DT reports selectors are picking a 17 man squad with Nasir and Anamul dropped. If so, how would a sqaud look?

Certain spots:

Batsmen = Tamim, Mominul, Mushfiqur, Riyad
AR = Shakib
Bowlers: Robiul, Taijul

That's 7 out of 17. Most likely in the squad are:

Batsmen = Shamsur, Imrul, Hom
Bowlers = Al Amin, Rubel, Shafiul, Saqlain

That's 14. Meaning three more are out there. My guess is Jubair, Taskin, LKD have the best shot since DT said Razzak will not be selected either.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 15, 2014, 02:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

For sake of bangladesh team taskin needs to be in , he is the only fire power fast bowler in bangladesh line up , which needed in test matches
Old October 15, 2014, 02:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

If he's in then I hope mushy is given strict instructions on how to use him and how not to use him.
Old October 15, 2014, 07:06 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

For the sake of BD cricket, I don't want him to play any tests before world cup. We need a fit Taskin for the world cup. He just came out of a long injury and not sure if his body can handle the pressure of tests. And Mushy knows how to over use a bowler.
Old October 15, 2014, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Haha on our wickets he will underbowl Taskin. Remember how he underbowled Rubel in NZ and SL series?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 15, 2014, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
For the sake of BD cricket, I don't want him to play any tests before world cup. We need a fit Taskin for the world cup. He just came out of a long injury and not sure if his body can handle the pressure of tests. And Mushy knows how to over use a bowler.
Agreed.
Plus I have heard Taskin is not 100% fit now. He is having a slight niggle with the previous knee injury he had.No need to rush him. Absolutely no need.
Old October 15, 2014, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

We need a fit Taskin if possible for WC..In Aus and NZ environment if he can stay fit and bowl properly he will be an asset.
Old October 15, 2014, 02:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I would rather have a fit Taskin for the world Cup. I don't want to see him getting injured by playing in Tests. We will suck in Tests with or without Taskin. For now, I would prefer regaining our ODI form back and for that Taskin is a vital component
Old October 15, 2014, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
I would rather have a fit Taskin for the world Cup. I don't want to see him getting injured by playing in Tests. We will suck in Tests with or without Taskin. For now, I would prefer regaining our ODI form back and for that Taskin is a vital component
I have the opposite view. We will suck in ODIs and WC. Sure on paper we have a shot at QF (beat AFG, SCO, ENG have horrible form, SL are classic overachievers) but its highly likely we will lose or barely scrape by the minnows, beat England and get pounded by 200 runs a couple of times to miss out on NRR like we always do. With Mushy's captaincy, the game is fixed, we will lose even games we have in the bag so long as the script is being followed.

Tests, we need firepower plain and simple. Taskin won't and shouldn't be needed to beat ZIM 3-0 at home, but we need firepower.

Of course I'm not saying he should play if not fully fit, nor should we leave him out of the WC since we play only to lose. That said, Taskin gave an interview where he said his knee issue was chronic and that he will just have to play with pain.

And no we won't suck with Taskin in Tests, Taskin is the answer. Any team with 3 or 4 Taskins will be a quality Test attack.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 15, 2014, 04:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

At the end of the day he results in test cricket are what will really be respected, I'm not saying World Cup means nothing or ODI cricket means nothing but tests are generally more highly regarded and is the format sides are rated on.
Old October 16, 2014, 07:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
And no we won't suck with Taskin in Tests, Taskin is the answer. Any team with 3 or 4 Taskins will be a quality Test attack.
Classic case of over hyping. And it pains me to admit, I want him to crash and burn just so to see Furaqaan's reaction.
Old October 16, 2014, 10:31 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Classic case of over hyping. And it pains me to admit, I want him to crash and burn just so to see Furaqaan's reaction.
So in other words, you want to see A BD player fail so that you can achieve your personal bliss? I hope you didn't mean that
Old October 16, 2014, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

I don't mean any harm to Taskin, but he is being definitely over hyped by Asad here.

Bottom line is - this 19 years old does not have good enough endurance at this point to be considered for Test matches.
Old October 16, 2014, 10:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Taskin is definitely not the answer, at least not yet. From what we have seen, he is a good bowler and has bright future. But still very raw and so slowly needs to ease in with the guidance of Mash and Heath Streak. Test cricket is no easy arena. Only class players survives and thrives there.

Our answer is Shakib + other spinners. That's the way we will get Zim.
Old October 16, 2014, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I don't mean any harm to Taskin, but he is being definitely over hyped by Asad here.
I sure am, I won't lie. Then again I was distinctly quiet when Rubel, Abul, Al Amin, Robin, Dollar debuted, wasn't I? I could have hyped them too...except I didn't see anything to hype. Granted Rubel early on seemed to master reverse swing.

Taskin has all the tools a Mohammad Amir did at age 19. He doesn't swing it like Amir, but he gets seam movement and prodigious bounce. Taskin can make the ball jump on our dead tracks, imagine him on a surface with actual bounce. I don't see reason to not be excited or to think Taskin wouldn't be upgrade over our current pace resources.

#OneTeam1Dream