facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 5, 2006, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

BDFlag TO All Aussie Supporters: Australia drew against world number 3 Holland

Australia's draw against Holland comes as a tremendous news for the new qualifying wc team...holland i believe is number 3 in the world.....

tim cahill was the goal scorer.....nd schwarzer saved over 10 goals some of which were extremely stunning...

if u are a aussie supporter, post nd show ur number nd express ur joy....

Old June 5, 2006, 10:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

We (Sydney, Ian & myself) have already expressed our joy (and otherwise) in 2 other threads. I don't see the need to open a new thread for one 'encouraging' (as opposed to 'tremendous') result. Keep a lid on it mate. Long way to go yet.
Old June 6, 2006, 06:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket
We (Sydney, Ian & myself) have already expressed our joy (and otherwise) in 2 other threads. I don't see the need to open a new thread for one 'encouraging' (as opposed to 'tremendous') result. Keep a lid on it mate. Long way to go yet.
firstly i have no way of knowing if u or others have posted elsewhere..if u have, then no one is forcing u to post here...

nd secondly australia did go long way already....you dont expect them to win the WC in the same year they qualified....they have beaten football mammoths like uruguay nd holland nd euro cup champion greece....nd now they r gearing up to face brazil....

i am very confidant that they will put up a decisive show against japans..
Old June 6, 2006, 07:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
firstly i have no way of knowing if u or others have posted elsewhere..if u have, then no one is forcing u to post here...

nd secondly australia did go long way already....you dont expect them to win the WC in the same year they qualified....they have beaten football mammoths like uruguay nd holland nd euro cup champion greece....nd now they r gearing up to face brazil....

1. Relax. I didn't mean to offend you. And, yes, no one forced me to post.
2. I realise Australia has come a long way. But there is a long way to go, yet.
3. "you dont expect them to win the WC in the same year they qualified" ?

When I said "Keep a lid on it mate. Long way to go yet", I was elluding to the fact that you were clearly a little overwhelmed by the 1-1 draw vs the Netherlands. What I should have said was that there was also some negatives to come out of the game. Things we can work on. For example, our defense looked vulnerable when tested, in patches, throughout. RVN was given too much respect in and around the box. We relinquished possession too easily and too frequently. The list goes on. Am I being overcritical? No. I want us to play to our potential. Am I worried? A little, yes. But clearly we were playing quality opposition (something we are still not yet fully accustomed to) and obviously I have full faith in Hiddink and the boys. I do believe the situation will be rectified come June 12.

So. Can we challenge Brazil? Yes. And can we defeat Japan & Croatia? Definatly!

Go Aussies!
Old June 6, 2006, 10:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
yes u do have a way...just spend a few minutes to browse thru the forum before u give in to ur temptation of opening a new thread...

Quote:

it was 1-1 draw against Holland, not a win, look at the very subject you chose to open the thread with...

nevertheless, appreciate your confident support towards the soccroos...

mr-cricket .... mate, u were spot on...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 7, 2006, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Wilkshire is a disgrace, and it was sad to see Australia playing dirty and injuring Dutch players in the process. Hopefully WC referees will punish such play through straight red cards
Old June 7, 2006, 07:00 AM
Test Cricketer

I have no idea what game you were watching, but it certainly wasn't the same one I was watching.