facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2012, 07:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Yeah too early for Taskin...I'd wait till after this NCL season. I'd put the depth chart at Nazmul > Shafiul > Al Amin > Sajidul > Talha as of right now.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old November 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
Banned

Sylhet are building good Pace Bowlers: Nazmul, Abul, Jayed and Inshallah more on the way.
Old November 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Does anyone know why BCB has decided that Nazmul does not exist? This guy is our best potential test pacer... I mean wtf are they thinking selecting Rubel (fc avg 60) ahead of someone with avg of 27? Maybe he has pissed someone at BCB off
Old November 13, 2012, 03:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Does anyone know why BCB has decided that Nazmul does not exist? This guy is our best potential test pacer... I mean wtf are they thinking selecting Rubel (fc avg 60) ahead of someone with avg of 27? Maybe he has pissed someone at BCB off
Eto bisheshon lagaien na....shob e lau ar kodu... Emon Kono ahamori pacer shey na....
Old November 13, 2012, 03:46 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Shall we throw Taskin in the fire? We seems to have no option...

Jodi laiga jay!!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Eto bisheshon lagaien na....shob e lau ar kodu... Emon Kono ahamori pacer shey na....
Nazmul Hossain may not have pace but he isn't that much slower than Shahadat but he has much more control, and with the new ball he is capable of taking wickets and providing pressure by not giving easy runs to help his bowling partner, just look at the last test match he played:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/538073.html

his match figures were:

29 Overs, 6 Maidens, 80 Run, 3 Wickets, 2.75 Economy, 26.6 Ave, 58.0 SR

All 3 wickets were with the new ball. Here is the commentary from cricinfo of those wickets: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...iew=commentary

A bowling change, Nazmul Hossain will bowl now.
Nazmul Hossain to Mohammad Hafeez, OUT, gets a wicket off his first ball in Test cricket in seven years, the faintest of nicks to the keeper, good length outside off, just a hint of away movement, Hafeez got forward and played at it and edged it to the keeper
Mohammad Hafeez c †Mushfiqur Rahim b Nazmul Hossain 14 (22m 17b 3x4 0x6) SR: 82.35

His first ball after a 7 year gap from Test cricket produces a wicket!

Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, no run, beaten outside off. Nazmul nips this one away from Umar off the seam - this looks like it could be a really good spell. Umar was sucked into driving into the off side, but the ball did too much for him.
Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, no run, keeps it outside off, Umar leaves.
Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, OUT, edged, and taken! Well bowled Nazmul, he's worked Umar over with his relentlessness. A spark of excellence this from Bangladesh. Pitched well up on middle and off, once again lands on the threadwork and angles across sharply. Umar was forward and had to play at it. He got a low outside edge that shot across towards second slip, who held on at shin height. Very well taken.
Taufeeq Umar c Shahriar Nafees b Nazmul Hossain 130 (361m 256b 16x4 0x6) SR: 50.78

Another wicket this time with the second new ball, see how he makes the Pakistani batsmen play and miss.

Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, OUT, a wicket! Taufeeq was looking to up the tempo as Pakistan race against the light, he charges out and miscues an attempted big hit to midwicket, Taufeeq's stay ends early, the bat turns in his hand as he plays that shot, that stroke was prompted by a string of 24 dot balls

Another wicket in the second innings with the new ball.

All these were wickets were genuine batsmen not tail-enders which makes his performance even more impressive.
Old November 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Did I say he is Steyn or Pattinson? No, but his first class stats show he is far better than likes of Rubel and Shahadat
Old November 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Our pace pipeline is worse than Guatemala's. Lojja lage erokom pace attack niye Test match khelte.
Old November 13, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cricket Savant

BC'r shobcheye vocal bekti Asifthemanobrahman jodi hotasha kore, tahole amader ki hobe!?!!? Amra to ratarati ulyett, ispoforth pabo na, pabo? lily tily hote onek deri ache bhaijan

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Sage

I would like to see one reporter ask our selector's why Nazmul gets ignored over and over again. It's one thing if it's for one series or two, but this has been going for over a year now. Didn't Nazmul play in the last test series? I'm pretty sure he didn't bowl as bad as SRK.
Old November 13, 2012, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I would like to see one reporter ask our selector's why Nazmul gets ignored over and over again. It's one thing if it's for one series or two, but this has been going for over a year now. Didn't Nazmul play in the last test series? I'm pretty sure he didn't bowl as bad as SRK.
He took three top order Pakistani wickets in the last Test we played. After that, he joked that if he has to wait another 7 years to play his next Test, his career may as well be over.
Old November 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Shall we throw Taskin in the fire? We seems to have no option...

Jodi laiga jay!!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Baptism by fire is definitely the way to go for BD. Worked with Tamim, Shakib, Nasir. We don't have any bowler examples though (except Shakib!). I think Anamul should probably have debuted last year instead of persisting with losers like Imrul, and limited talents like Ash, Junaid, SN, Rock.

But I'm not sure we need Taskin immediately in the sense that Nazmul and Shafiul can do much better than the two Hossains who seem to compete who can who have the most expensive spell of bowling, concede the most boundaries, and bowl the most no balls. Shafiul may be just as harmless as Rubel and Shahadat, but he at least will keep it tight more often than not. That will automatically extend the match by at least half a session, which means thats half a session less we have to bat to theoretically draw a match.

I think Taskin should play out this NCL season, and should he do decently, bring him in for the SL tests. We don't have many other options.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Well lets see how al amin, abu jayed, sajidul, alauddin and alike do this NCL season, these are currently the ones that should be next in line to step into national colours.
Old November 13, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My only concern about bringing Taskin into the senior side at this age is centered around overuse and subsequent injury. That's what happened to Talha and Mashrafe.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 13, 2012, 09:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

oh pace pipeline ami bhablam Sewerage line thread
Old November 13, 2012, 10:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
My only concern about bringing Taskin into the senior side at this age is centered around overuse and subsequent injury. That's what happened to Talha and Mashrafe.
also seen with the current aussie pace pack with cummins and pattinson constantly injured.
Old November 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Bebostha kortesi daran.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 13, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Well clearly he's not a shorter version bowler...got tonked quite a bit at the U19 world cup. So if our selectors play him for every mickey-mouse T20 series v ZIM, yes, but we don't play enough tests for him to get injured. He should only be played in Tests. Our ODI seam attack is at least decent.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 19, 2012, 06:52 AM
Cricket Guru

so so far in this years NCL al amin hasn't been nearly as effective as he was last season. abu jayed has only played one match whic i don't understand, but sajidul islam has done pretty well so far this season.
Old November 19, 2012, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
so so far in this years NCL al amin hasn't been nearly as effective as he was last season. abu jayed has only played one match whic i don't understand, but sajidul islam has done pretty well so far this season.
Al Amin bowled 23 overs in this match and failed to claim a single wicket. I have been having very high hopes for him, still having it.

But it's not good to see him having an ordinary season.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Al Amin bowled 23 overs in this match and failed to claim a single wicket. I have been having very high hopes for him, still having it.

But it's not good to see him having an ordinary season.
Bhai have you watched Al-Amin in person? I watched him in the BPL and I have to say that he's got some ability but nothing really special. He seemed to be as raw as Abul in my opinion. He seems to rely more on accuracy because he's not the paciest bowler but yet seemed pretty inaccurate.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Bhai have you watched Al-Amin in person? I watched him in the BPL and I have to say that he's got some ability but nothing really special. He seemed to be as raw as Abul in my opinion. He seems to rely more on accuracy because he's not the paciest bowler but yet seemed pretty inaccurate.
That's really a bad news to me and a lot of other fans. He got 40 wickets in 10 FC matches he played before this season. That suggested me that he definitely got something special in him. That's really bad luck if your judgement about him is true.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
That's really a bad news to me and a lot of other fans. He got 40 wickets in 10 FC matches he played before this season. That suggested me that he definitely got something special in him. That's really bad luck if your judgement about him is true.
He has a little bit of an unorthodox action so I'm guessing here, but that could have also thrown the batsmen off in the 1st season but probably this season, batsmen have figured out how to play him. His pace is around 130-135 kph from what I remember which isn't bad at all but Abul and Taskin are pacier bowlers and then we have Alauddin Babu who can bowl at the same pace as Al-Amin but also is a very good prospect as a batsman.

So Al-Amin Hossain is behind some other players in terms of raw potential, in my opinion.
Old November 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Until we get rid of Shahadat , our beloved selectors will never go looking for another pacer.

I hope Gayle ramapges on Shahadat's overs and ends Shahadat's career.

EDIT: Oh wait, the selectors will then ger Abul !
Old December 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

This is something we need to seriously put our focus on now because if we had a bag full of top quality pacers then Bangladesh would be easily challenging teams like England, South Africa and Australia but at this moment even though we have improved on our other areas, will still get crushed by them. We may give them a serious challenge in our own grounds now as long as the wickets provide vicious turn for our spinners but still improvements needs to be made especially on Test Cricket. Somebody needs to tell silly BCB to put their focus on their first class structure right now so we can get somewhere for once in Cricket everywhere not just at home. Create pace academies, alter some of your grounds so it provides lots of bounce and make all the grounds that don't have International status to hold matches, green, fast and bouncy so not only it encourages our fast bowlers and get more players having careers as fast bowlers but our batsman too can play dangerous paceman with ease especially short pitched bowling which we seriously struggle to deal with. Just look how both Tamim and Anamul dealt with out pace bowlers in that T20 match after their struggle against them in the other series because both of them including Mahmudullah have just gotten use to them bowling at that pace and before this series even started, they haven't even faced these sort of deliveries for a long time. Its not that they don't have the ability to play these fast bowlers but lack of playing these kind of fast bowlers at a consistent bases otherwise how else did someone like Tamim Iqbal score back to back 100s against the mighty England team in seaming faster conditions against good pace bowlers?