facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2017, 08:52 PM
Test Cricketer

There was also a guy named Mehedi Hasan Rana who played on the last under-19 world cup. I thought he was picked by the comilla victorians. He didn't get any game though. So far Khaled Ahmed, Hossain Ali, Saddam Hossain and Kazi Anik got featured in BPL. Ibadat Hossain was aslo the one who missed out.

Old December 1, 2017, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

I just reported my post for abusive behavior.

I was way out of line. I made absolutely irrelevant and completely off-topic posts. I insulted a member and broke all the forum rules and all the while bragged about it. And this came from the same person who preached about not putting down someone to make others feel good. Don't you see the blatant hypocrisy?

It is same as Donald Trump saying: "I can shoot somebody in the middle of Times Square and still not lose popular vote."

And all of you who defended me should be ashamed of yourselves! True honor and courage is having the balls to stand up for Truth and Justice and what YOU believe to be Right, even if it may fly straight in face of common sense.

Gentlemen, we may bleed green, but never at the cost of insulting a fellow human being.

Mods will probably clean up this thread. I will gladly serve any sentence they dish out.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 4, 2017, 01:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quazi onek audacious.
Old February 6, 2019, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

This kid is good. Consistent line and length when he bowls. Kinda reminds me of Chaminda Vaas but I wish he could bowl faster because right now, he doesn't even bowl at 130kph
Old February 7, 2019, 12:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

In other news Zeeshan really ended that Indian guy’s troll career
Old February 7, 2019, 10:27 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

I like Onik since U-19 days. I think he has potential to be a good bowler. Just wish he had more pace.
Old February 7, 2019, 11:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yeah he can't even reach 125kph. Such a shame really because his line and lengths are so good but if a bowler in today's era can't even reach 130kph, he will never be able to threaten the batsmen unless he has prodigious swing in his armory.
Old February 8, 2019, 01:50 PM
Test Cricketer

He is not tall, he is not fast...
He should focus on improving his batting and become an allrounder...
Old February 8, 2019, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
He is not tall, he is not fast...
He should focus on improving his batting and become an allrounder...
Jasprit Bumrah is 5 feet 10 inch , that's not tall by fast bowling standards yet he is effective.
Mohammad Shami is 5 feet 8 inch yet he plays for India. Same for Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
McGrath, Vaas , Mohammed Asif, Philander were not fast by any stretch of the imagination yet they were very successful , in recent times so has Mohammad Abbas.

We should judge him by how effective he is rather than how tall or quick he is.
Old February 8, 2019, 08:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Nope! None of the bowlers you mentioned are as slow as him. I honestly don't care much about height but a fast bowler should at least be able to reach the 130s or have an amazing swinging ability.

I mean you don't see me complaining about our very own Abu Jayed and his slow pace because he can at least swing the ball both ways at will unlike Onik. Even so if Abu Jayed had a bit more pace he would have been a lot more effective.

But Onik, I am afraid has no chance as a bowler in International cricket unless he is also good with the bat
Old February 9, 2019, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Nope! None of the bowlers you mentioned are as slow as him. I honestly don't care much about height but a fast bowler should at least be able to reach the 130s or have an amazing swinging ability.

I mean you don't see me complaining about our very own Abu Jayed and his slow pace because he can at least swing the ball both ways at will unlike Onik. Even so if Abu Jayed had a bit more pace he would have been a lot more effective.

But Onik, I am afraid has no chance as a bowler in International cricket unless he is also good with the bat
A lot of these bowler did bowl at below 130s around 125kmph for large parts of their bowling spells as well as above 130.
Just look at Mashrafe , he bowls at Oniks speed but he is still one of the more effective bowlers in the team at this age with so many injuries.
And Qazi Onik is still young enough that his speed will increase, what he has is great accuracy. If he was so bad then he wouldn't be in the Dhaka BPL team and doing well too enough to get talked about
Old February 9, 2019, 05:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

My opinion is that he is very hard to get away. He bowls in death overs and no one was really able to get a hold of his bowling.

Not bopara. Not mossadek.

This guy can slow the run rate(pun intended), he just needs a bowling partner like fizz who will pick the wickets.

I give it one year. He will be in the side for a first shot, probably a T20