facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 13, 2015, 01:23 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Great post BP.

Old February 13, 2015, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Athar n Lipu are concerned.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/450283
Old February 13, 2015, 03:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Don't think ill need to write for the real matches cos everyone will be able to watch the game. I'm just doing these write ups because the game wasn't televised so not everyone knows what was going on during the game.
Being physically present at the stadium, you can watch few things which are missed by the TV cameras. AND you are a very good observer and interpreter. So would definitely like to read more from you.
Old February 13, 2015, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Being physically present at the stadium, you can watch few things which are missed by the TV cameras. AND you are a very good observer and interpreter. So would definitely like to read more from you.
ahahah cheers. Yeah definitely ill write more if ppl want me to. Im only going to Afg v Bd and Bd v SL so maybe for the other matches other BC members could write abt their stadium experience?
Old February 13, 2015, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

p.s. during the game i tweeted Kevin O'Brien that im at the game and told him to wave to me and he replied back to my tweet!!! My fifteen seconds on fame cos that tweet appeared on the cricketers on twitter section on cricinfo.
Old February 13, 2015, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
p.s. during the game i tweeted Kevin O'Brien that im at the game and told him to wave to me and he replied back to my tweet!!! My fifteen seconds on fame cos that tweet appeared on the cricketers on twitter section on cricinfo.
That means he was using internet with smart phone during the game. Yet he was focused enough to make a good contribution to the WIN against Bangladesh. That means these type of distractions are not the primary reasons for Bangladesh's poor performance during the practice matches.
Old February 13, 2015, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
That means he was using internet with smart phone during the game. Yet he was focused enough to make a good contribution to the WIN against Bangladesh. That means these type of distractions are not the primary reasons for Bangladesh's poor performance during the practice matches.
nah he tweeted it like 3hrs after the game was finished. LOL
Old February 13, 2015, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Wonderful piece of write up on the match experience Bengali Pagol, thanks a lot, we learned many things we dont usually see on TV, you should open a thread of your own for the world cup.
Old February 13, 2015, 05:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Don't think ill need to write for the real matches cos everyone will be able to watch the game. I'm just doing these write ups because the game wasn't televised so not everyone knows what was going on during the game.

Ma shaa Allah! You're a star, BP!

I like your passion and enthusiasm for sports. And, you have a good hand, too. Have you considered sports journalism (after you've retired from sports, of course)? You have a talent, my friend.
Old February 13, 2015, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Cheers for the compliments guys. @BCF no never ahaha! In high school my english teachers used to make a mockery out of my essay writing skills LOL. I guess when u write about something passionately you're able to express yourself better.
Old February 13, 2015, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
This is what Mash said according to crapinfo. http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/830109.html

"I can't sit here and say that our morale isn't shaken. To be honest, if we believe in our purpose, we can do good things," Mashrafe said. "But who amongst us took these two practice matches seriously is my real concern. Even if they took it seriously, they couldn't execute the plans. If we perform in this vein, it will definitely have an impact in the important matches up ahead. I think we will be better prepared mentally and physically in the main matches. We have five-six days ahead of us. We can't change our skills during this short time but we have to be mentally and physically ready."

Two different tones here. My thoughts echo with Mash's. What I am really worried about is our confidence and moral. Mash is right about questioning some of the players attitude. I wonder if there is any grouping amongst the players. There's already some bad blood between the Chacha and the coach which is not good for the team's over moral. Low in confidence, grouping, squabble between senior management, players complaining about not being properly acclimatised and lack of professional attitude - all of these will eventually factor into our downward spiral. It will even become worse if we lose against the Afghans.

All of a sudden I am not even hopeful of anything from these bolods. I hope they perform when it matters the most.
It's pretty welknown, Shakib and Tamim, does things at their will. After being removed from captaincy, mushy might as well join the club. But I'm sure they will try their best to perform in real matches for self interest, if they can, we are in for the competition, if they fail we are doomed. that's the probable picture.

So expect a lack of team spirit, off camera. They won't make captains job easy anyway. Let's see how Mash handles it, complaining won't help.
Old February 13, 2015, 03:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Before people even begin commenting that I am trying to give some insight, Inzi during 92 wc told that they had lost six warm-up matches straight. Not one, two, or three, but six consecutive ones. The point is, it's totally a different mindset when you know its not an official ODI. A warm-up match, that's it. Plus, if you have seen, unlike other teams, Hatuira has tired to simulate real-match situations in these practices. For example, all the bowlers weren't tried, although Rubel and Riyad could have bowled a few. And in the end, it's not about getting the right bowlers at the right time. But trying different bowlers for different situations, to see how they can possibly cope in such repeat situations and understand who is good enuf and who is not. And about batting, alhtough I hated Anamul today, but even Anamul wouldn't do it an ODI. Every player was playing it for themselves. They couldn't care less about the result, as long as it benefitted them. And frankly speaking, if it does help all the players in any way to get back some rhythm in their play, then I won't mind a loss. No excuses. Just saying. Peaking at the right time is important. So far, more or less most of the players looks to have 'warmed up' adequately. Now time for the real battle. Everyhting will be alright
With all respect I would like to say that these kinds of experimentations should have been done a while ago, at least after the ZIM series! Board should have arranged some additional weeks ( 2/3 more weeks) in Aus or a bilateral series somewhere on this earth. That would have given opportunities to do experiments and trials. Official practice matches should have been played with the best 11/12 players who are most likely going to play. Our coach and players are doing the best to use what ever they are given with. Hats off to them......but its the board who are meant to provide this.
Old February 13, 2015, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

This loss may be a blessing in disguise or master of disguises
Old February 13, 2015, 06:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

it takes a lot more than a few losses to break a team's spirit and bond.