facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2017, 05:25 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Well played Bangladesh

Well done boys. You gave India, ranked 1 in the world, a real fight and batted over 100 overs in both innings. That's better than what New Zealand or England or West Indies or Sri Lanka achieved in recent past.

A quick turnaround from the bouncy pitches of New Zealand to slow pitches of India and scoring 388 in the first innings and 250 in the second innings against a quality attack is no mean feat.

Yes, you could have drawn the match with a bit more resolve from the seniors, but this will happen when you get the chance more often. It is not easy at the top level when you get the chance to play only 5 Tests in 2 years.

Now use the positives from this Test to fight really hard against Sri Lanka in the upcoming series. You are on the right track. Seniors, please stand up to the challenge like you did in many previous occasions in the ODI cricket. It is now time to make it happen in Test cricket.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh test cricket was impressive against India. It was a spirited fight against India in India.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Very very impressed with this character. Spoke about it in my day 3 thread http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=47867
This is what we are seeing more and more Bangladesh do, they are getting to that stage where they are not pushing anymore but drawing, winning. I feel when the young generation comes in, we are going to win even more abroad and build a fortress at home. We need to play more and get up each time we lose. We just need to keep fighting, I strongly believe that when we play the next test series at home, doesn't matter who it is, we go in as favourites to win. So, Australia better watch out.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

We did give India better competition then all those other teams.. but isnt that kinda expected at this point? We are a team with a good spin attack so we are likely to be more competitive then those other teams.

On the other hand, I saw how every single Indian player set such high standards and then I see our players..the seniors and the new ones! Happy to play according to their style, not willing to adjust, now willing to work hard, not willing to think out of the box... We have miles to go before we can be nearly as good as India is!

Not downplaying the effort, but I am critical of the motive
Old February 13, 2017, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Muschfick should stay as a batsman,his recent performances merit it. But we need a new wicket keeper.

Bring in Liton Das.
Old February 13, 2017, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Muschfick should stay as a batsman,his recent performances merit it. But we need a new wicket keeper.

Bring in Liton Das.
Say what, Roey? You want Mushfiq to play as a batsman.

------

Good Job Bangladesh and India. Thanks India for inviting us. We can learn a lot if we frequently play tests with IN and others. I hope BCB and BCCI realized that BD and IN can generate a lot of interest, and arrange more test matches in the near future both in India and in Bangladesh.
Old February 13, 2017, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
We did give India better competition then all those other teams.. but isnt that kinda expected at this point? We are a team with a good spin attack so we are likely to be more competitive then those other teams.

On the other hand, I saw how every single Indian player set such high standards and then I see our players..the seniors and the new ones! Happy to play according to their style, not willing to adjust, now willing to work hard, not willing to think out of the box... We have miles to go before we can be nearly as good as India is!

Not downplaying the effort, but I am critical of the motive
Exactly !! I can't take much positive from this test. In batting our top order failed miserably, middle order (except Mushy) didn't take any responsibility. In bowling they were simply horrible. Didn't bowl with any intent like the Indian bowlers. At least show some control over your line and length. And the less we talk about our fielding the better. How can we forget the funniest runout chance or stumping chance miss, how the fielders couldn't hold onto any ball. I don't see any positive except Mushy and Miraz's batting. And the worst part is these boys doesn't have any intention to learn from their mistakes. It was only for Mushy and Miraz that we looked even remotely competitive. Cricket is a team game so if one or two people is bailing you out doesn't mean we did well.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Well done and congrats team BD. Did great considering many things. Hats off top Kamrul Islam Rabbi for playing 70 balls scoring just 3 runs, as a tailender showed excellent temperament (something of the seniors can learn from)
Old February 13, 2017, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

well done boys !!!
we lost it yes, but we gave India tough time in their den which was not expected by many cricket experts, they thought we would have bundled out by day three, But you guys proved them wrong.
Old February 13, 2017, 06:23 AM

"Not well done" in my book, a bit of fight and that is it. The term "well done" has its own meaning which is not the case here. A win for India was all set on the 2nd day, and never got threatened there after.
Old February 13, 2017, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Well done boys. You gave India, ranked 1 in the world, a real fight and batted over 100 overs in both innings. That's better than what New Zealand or England or West Indies or Sri Lanka achieved in recent past.
Well Played Bangladesh?? Really?

Our two innings combined is less than Indians first innings score.

All these teams you mentioned played in comparatively better bowling friendly pitches which brought the Ashwin-Jadeja duo into the game a lot earlier. We played on a road where our number 8 played 70 balls with ease.

In the past year or so Sri Lanka have won a test match in India and West indies have managed to draw two test matches.

Sorry but this has been another rubbish performance barring Mushy's 100. A bare minimum was a draw and we failed to achieve that.
Old February 13, 2017, 08:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot

All these teams you mentioned played in comparatively better bowling friendly pitches which brought the Ashwin-Jadeja duo into the game a lot earlier. We played on a road where our number 8 played 70 balls with ease.

In the past year or so Sri Lanka have won a test match in India and West indies have managed to draw two test matches.

Sorry but this has been another rubbish performance barring Mushy's 100. A bare minimum was a draw and we failed to achieve that.
Srilanka has never won a test match in India. WI got whitewashed last 2 times. Yes, our team is crap, no need to lie to drag us down more
Old February 13, 2017, 08:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:

Please check before you post.

Last time Sri Lanka played in India was in 2009/10 and with Vaas, Murali, Sanga and Jayas they lost two tests by an innings margin and drew one Test.

West Indies was blanked out 2-0 in their last Test series in India in 2013-14 and India won both Tests by innings margin.

It is good to have expectations but a more realistic expectation is less hurtful. A bare minimum was a draw? WOW! So the expectation was to win?
Old February 13, 2017, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Please check before you post.

Last time Sri Lanka played in India was in 2009/10 and with Vaas, Murali, Sanga and Jayas they lost two tests by an innings margin and drew one Test.

West Indies was blanked out 2-0 in their last Test series in India in 2013-14 and India won both Tests by innings margin.

Apologies, my bad. Got that wrong.

Quote:
It is good to have expectations but a more realistic expectation is less hurtful. A bare minimum was a draw? WOW! So the expectation was to win?
Bare minimum expectations of a draw because:

- These were similar conditions to what we get at home if not better.
- The pitch offered very little assistance to their spinners and took their threat out of the equation.
- It was JUST a case of playing 30 overs more and we could have earned a draw. If Shakib and Mushy dint have those brain fart moments, a draw would have been easily achieved.
Old February 13, 2017, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:

barring mumbai in the series against eng, all the pitches in the eng or NZ series have been roads. not too different from this one. a look at the combined 1st innings score should tell you. India also lost 4 out of 5 tosses in the eng series and still crushed them 4-0 with a couple of innings defeats thrown in.

I am sorry, you are discounting a very spirited fightback against a very strong team. this Indian team right now, on home soil is as strong as waugh or ponting's aussies.
Quote:

err no.
sri lanka have NEVER won a test match in India and the last India-WI series in India saw WI whitewashed 2-0, as expected. the last time India lost a test match at home was 5 years back against cook's eng.
point being, at this stage of their cricketing development, this is a very creditable performance by BD. which is why you see overwhelming appreciation from Indian supporters. most of us have watched cricket for a long time and can identify a team on the upswing, which BD clearly is. the future is good for your team.
Old February 13, 2017, 07:50 AM
Banned

Thinking that this is a rubbish performance is belittling a good test match. BD took the game into the last session against the top team in the world. Even on a flat track, that's not easy.
Old February 13, 2017, 08:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Well played, I was expecting worse, specially after losing the toss.

We just need to do the basics right, fielding,keeping, RBW.
Old February 13, 2017, 08:02 AM
Banned

I think Bd need to tweak their batting line-up - here's what I think their best batting order is:

Tamim
**** - decent opener if available
Mominul
Soumya Sarkar
Mushfique
Shakib
Riyad/Shabbir/ Wicket-keeper batsman
Mehdi

Taskin clearly has a lot to learn and some fitness/stamina issues are also evident. Reminds me a lot of Umesh Yadav from 2-3 years ago when I used to mock him as "spray-gun". Umesh gave up 5-8 KPH of his pace in exchange for better control and accuracy, and is so much better now. I don't think Taskin can afford to drop that much pace, but if he keeps improving, he could be very useful. But I can understand why BD fans would be excited over him, he does have age on his side as well.
Old February 13, 2017, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Dont think Bangladesh played well. India batted for over two days combined and BD got out twice playing 225 overs. Not good enough in this pitch.
Old February 13, 2017, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

You guys don't realize how Test cricket goes.

You lose the toss in a foreign trip and field for two days, you are bound to fold. Doesn't matter if the pitch was a road or not. Plus on the fifth day the ball was turning almost square and had a bounce as well. Deadly combination even if Sangga/Kallis are batting. Go see Shakib's out.

Valiant effort by the BD team. (ignore the small petty stuff)
Old February 13, 2017, 04:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
You guys don't realize how Test cricket goes.

You lose the toss in a foreign trip and field for two days, you are bound to fold. Doesn't matter if the pitch was a road or not. Plus on the fifth day the ball was turning almost square and had a bounce as well. Deadly combination even if Sangga/Kallis are batting. Go see Shakib's out.

Valiant effort by the BD team. (ignore the small petty stuff)
If that is true, than BD batting is actually a lot stronger than anyone gives credit for:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/602472.html

We've done it at home a number of times as well:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/587469.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/668949.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/858493.html

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 13, 2017, 04:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
If that is true, than BD batting is actually a lot stronger than anyone gives credit for:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/602472.html
If the home team bats for 5+ sessions, the opposition usually can't get to 350 in 1st innings. That has been the norm.
For the BD match you are referring, SL actually finished their innings before Tea. That would be 4+ sessions.

The only times it happened in recent times (80s and onwards) were
1. Ind playing at Colombo 2010. Shewag was on fire, Tendu score a double century.
2. Pak at Bangalore 2007. Misbay scored a century.
3. SL at Napier 2005. Attapatu and Jaya scored centuries.
4. Ind at Oval 2002. Dravid scored a double century.
5. Pak at Christchruch 2001 where Inzi scored a century and Yousif scored a double.
6. Eng at Faisalabad 1984. D Gower Scored a century.

In all occasions the home team batted for 5+ sessions in the first innings. As you can see not very many times.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
If the home team bats for 5+ sessions, the opposition usually can't get to 350 in 1st innings. That has been the norm.
For the BD match you are referring, SL actually finished their innings before Tea. That would be 4+ sessions.

The only times it happened in recent times (80s and onwards) were
1. Ind playing at Colombo 2010. Shewag was on fire, Tendu score a double century.
2. Pak at Bangalore 2007. Misbay scored a century.
3. SL at Napier 2005. Attapatu and Jaya scored centuries.
4. Pak at Christchruch 2001 where Inzi scored a century and Yousif scored a double.
5. Eng at Faisalabad 1984. D Gower Scored a century.

In all occasions the home team batted for 5+ sessions in the first innings.
Minor detail IMO. Scoreboard pressure is a factor as well. If a team bats 6 sessions but only scores 350 it would not have the same affect as a team that scores 500 from only 4 sessions.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 13, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

One more thing.
In past 13+ years, no visiting team has scored 250 runs in 4th innings in INDIA. This includes everyone. Get this; AUS, ENG, SA, SL, PAK has never done it. Digest that.

Last time this happened was in 2003 for a draw 272/6 (NZ).
Old February 13, 2017, 10:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
One more thing.
In past 13+ years, no visiting team has scored 250 runs in 4th innings in INDIA. This includes everyone. Get this; AUS, ENG, SA, SL, PAK has never done it. Digest that.

Last time this happened was in 2003 for a draw 272/6 (NZ).
Wow, that's a cool stat!