facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2005, 04:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Hasina greets Asraful\'s parents

Source: The Independent

BDNEWS, DHAKA

Leader of the Opposition in Parliament and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina greeted father and mother of Mohammad Ashraful, architect of Bangladesh's victory against world champions Australia in the NatWest Series Saturday, with sweet and flower on Sunday afternoon.

Former youth and sports minister and joint general secretary of Awami League Obaidul Quader went to Ashraful's residence on Sunday afternoon to greet his father Abdul Matin and mother, Sayeeda Khatun with sweet and flower on behalf of Opposition leader and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina.

Ashraful hit a brilliant century that guided Bangladesh reach the winning target to snatch a prolific five-wicket win stunning the cricket world.

Youth and sports secretary of Awami league and director of Bangladesh Cricket Board Dewan Shafiul Arefin Tutul and central Chattra League leaders were present.

An earlier report adds: Sheikh Hasina congratulated the cricketers and coach of the national cricket team for the glorious victory against world champions Australia.

In her instant reaction Saturday night, Hasina said the victory was essential for the country as the Test status was at stake in the face of critics.

Awami League chief talked to captain Habibul Bashar Sumon on telephone immediately after the match and greeted him and other teammates for the heroic victory. She advised Sumon to keep up the winning tempo in next matches.

Water Resources Minister Hafiz Uddin Ahmed, Housing and Public Works Minister Mirza Abbas, state minister for youth and sports M Fazlur Rahman, Bangladesh Sports Journalists Association, Bangladesh Cricket Board, Samilita Krira Paribar, Cricket Players Welfare Association, Bikalpa Dhara Bangladesh President Prof

AQM Badruddoza Chowdhury, Sheikh Russell Krira Chakra, Bangladesh Workers Party and other organisstions also congratulated Bangladesh cricket team.

Old June 20, 2005, 05:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

bangladeshi politicians can do something productive, eh.
Old June 20, 2005, 06:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

I'm surprised Khaleda hasn't hopped on to the gravy train as well...
Old June 20, 2005, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

she always like gimmick
Old June 20, 2005, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

what is the benefit of hasina or khaleda or ershad visiting his home?

oh well they want to see themselves with flowers in next day newpaper. can u even see ashraful parents in the pictures?? hardly. it seems like they are giving flowers to themselves. when will the idiots learn?
Old June 20, 2005, 06:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

It is called "politics". I suppose AL should now give BD players some $$$ for beating Aussies.
Old June 20, 2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

bd politicians can't do anything incredible for the nations by themselves ,so they will lick the foot of players to steal the show.
god bless draculas!
Old June 21, 2005, 01:36 AM
Street Cricketer

dude, i think it's called encouragement. i'm sure ashraful's parents feel prouder of their son due to this act. whatever hasina's motivation is (yeah, i wonder what it is ), the result is probably commendable.

Old June 21, 2005, 01:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

As long as they don't start giving them houses and cars and cash before the end of the series. Remember last time, when the gov't gave teh players all these presents after the 1st innigs of 400 in the inaugural test against India. BD then promptly rested on their laurels and let India win the match. The ONLY time the govt should give presents is when BD string together more than one of these types of victories.

They must be rewarded for consitency, not one-off victories. I'm sure Dav Whatmore and the coaching staff have spoken to gov't ministers about this...
Old June 21, 2005, 01:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Why bringing all the politicians on the sports ? What difference they gonna make to visit our players ? They did it before and they gonna do it in future . These kinda things they have to do in politics . What's new here ?

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 7:04 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.
Old June 21, 2005, 01:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Give a nice stadium instead. if they spare only 1% of their looting money, there would be 10 nice stadiums better than squared Shopia Garden.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 6:49 AM GMT, by sadhat.
Old June 21, 2005, 01:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhat
Give a nice stadium instead.
I agree . We need more money spend on cricket and a nice stadium for cricket in Dhaka and Ctg .
Old June 21, 2005, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Quote:
Originally posted by sadhat
Give a nice stadium instead.
I agree . We need more money spend on cricket and a nice stadium for cricket in Dhaka and Ctg .
Not only Dhata and Ctg. We need stadium all over the country to spread good cricket. I used to play cricket in a district team, always scared to save my head from awkward bounc from rough. I did not want to loose my teeth. Helmet was 2nd option.
Old June 21, 2005, 01:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Hmm Stadium all over the country ........ Man we don't even a have a National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka yet and you are thinking about the whole country ..... That's too much from those politicians you know .
Old June 21, 2005, 02:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Hmm Stadium all over the country ........ Man we don't even a have a National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka yet and you are thinking about the whole country ..... That's too much from those politicians you know .
Yeah I know. but I enclose if statement there ha ha ha

"If they spare only 1% of their looting money"
Old June 21, 2005, 02:48 AM
Street Cricketer

Folks, let alone new stadiums, these idiots take full-fledged internationally reputed stadiums and convert them into football stadiums.

I mean how much more wasteful could you be. Since you are spending money on Mirpur stadium, couldn't you have just custom-made it tailored to demands of BaFooFe? And the excess money that is being spent on the project could have been diverted to improving the BB Nat'l Stadium.

Bloody politicians - we should pick them all, put them in jute bags, throw them in the Bay of Bengal (even outside the territorial water region) and add 100kg extra weight to each so that they can't come back up floating. May be then we could live in peace!

Old June 21, 2005, 03:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

hey, do you have the link? i just wanna see the real article..haha...