facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 6, 2022, 03:32 AM
Cricket Savant

I was obviously trolling:

1) Pakistan win, South Africa lose

If Pakistan manage to beat Bangladesh and South Africa lose against Netherlands, India will qualify for the semi-finals along with Babar Azam & Co. as the Proteas only have five points from four games so far. A loss against Netherlands can shatter South Africa's hope of qualifying for the top four.

https://www.wionews.com/sports/can-i...group-1-531487

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old November 6, 2022, 03:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Nurul and Mossadek fraud their way into the t20 team by bashing around associates, went missing when it mattered. And ffs what needs to happen to finally relegate SS to the dustbin permanently??

We got rid of Tamim, but the spirit of dot baba still remains with Shanto taking up the mantle lol. Dodgy umpiring aside, Shakib needs to let go of this format now.

Just start from scratch with new faces, bar Afif and Yasir, all these players have been in the national setup for years and have shown nothing of note in this format. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Old November 6, 2022, 03:58 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Defending Santo is like defending Javed Omar..at those times javed Omar used to hold the innings eating up dot balls while the rest of the team was in race of who can come back to the pavillion faster.

If we think we are at that same place where Javed Omar era was after all these years might as well give up playing cricket
Old November 6, 2022, 05:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Dude Shanto is one of the top scorer this tournament. Give him some credit. It's his not his fault BD is a minnow team.
Dude you reminder me of this Indian troll in this forum who used to pose as a Bangladeshi. I remember how he was publicly banned, although that was many years ago.

Shanto might have scored runs, but screwed us over. That India match he punctured the run chase.
Old November 6, 2022, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Hey we went there for preparation for next WC..this was test WC
You mean in perp for next WC qualifiers??? If this was a test we failed miserably although the swine Nannu an his illegitimate daddy Papon will claim we won matches so was a success
Old November 6, 2022, 11:38 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

A rare occasion where Shakib discusses his retirement: "Shakib, however, admitted that his performance was also not up to the mark. "On my own performance - I could've done better. As long as I'm fit and performing, I'd love to play for my country. I'll try to play for Bangladesh for as many years as possible." https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...shakib-3161891
Old November 6, 2022, 12:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Essentially Nederlands managed to knock out both South Africa and Bangladesh at once lmao

Old November 6, 2022, 12:44 PM
Cricket Savant

We qualify automatically guys...lol we shouldn't have but we just did. hahahaaa

https://www.risingbd.com/english/sports/news/90864
https://www.crictracker.com/cricket-...orld-cup-2024/
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...on_glover.html

Old November 6, 2022, 01:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Good to hear not only bottom teams will have to play to qualify to Super 8 event next WC (unlike how bottom 8 teams had to compete among themselves to participate in Super 12 this WC).

Quote:
With the conclusion of the Super 12 stage of the 2022 T20 World Cup in Australia, the list of the top ten teams, who will directly qualify for the 2024 T20 World Cup main stage has been confirmed. Unlike this year’s edition, the next World Cup hosted in the USA and the West Indies will have a total of 20 teams.

These 20 qualified teams will be placed into four groups of five. The top two teams in each group advance to the Super 8 round. In this stage, the remaining teams will be further divided into two groups of four; the top two teams from each group will qualify for the knockout stage, which will consist of two semi-finals and a final.
Old November 6, 2022, 07:02 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Good to hear not only bottom teams will have to play to qualify to Super 8 event next WC (unlike how bottom 8 teams had to compete among themselves to participate in Super 12 this WC).
Looks like apart from hosts and the top 8 next 2 top ranked team in ICC ranking won't have to play qualifier. We and AFG are safe..but zim and Ireland will have to play the Africa and Europe qualifier..Ned win hurt zim more than us. Ned win also ensured their qualification and might be Ireland and Scotland's qualification as well as next WC Europe will have only 2 slots. If Ned did not beat SA then one of Ned Ire or Sco would have been surely out of next WC
Old November 6, 2022, 07:08 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

I am really interested to see why ICC opted for 4 groups of 5 teams...this have 2007 WC vive. I mean the top 8 will be divided in 4 groups with ICC thinking all of them will make it to the next round. But is ICC sure? I mean this T20 world cup showed that lesser teams can beat big teams and in a group of 5(with 2 big team)if one big team beats the other and the losing team gets beat by a lesser team as well and the lesser team wins the remaining matches Vs other lesser teams than we have 2007 like scenario. How did ICC got the balls to take that risk again..or does ICC feels India is to strong now and 2007 will not happen
Old November 6, 2022, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I am really interested to see why ICC opted for 4 groups of 5 teams...this have 2007 WC vive. I mean the top 8 will be divided in 4 groups with ICC thinking all of them will make it to the next round. But is ICC sure? I mean this T20 world cup showed that lesser teams can beat big teams and in a group of 5(with 2 big team)if one big team beats the other and the losing team gets beat by a lesser team as well and the lesser team wins the remaining matches Vs other lesser teams than we have 2007 like scenario. How did ICC got the balls to take that risk again..or does ICC feels India is to strong now and 2007 will not happen
I don't think they expected Aus to be eliminated in group stages, hence the format change lol

Most likely it will be 2 Test teams and 2 Associates per group.
Old November 7, 2022, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
There's an even greater chance for that lesser team doing the same in the second round, since that's just 4 teams in the group.

I think it would have made more sense to have some sort of playoff to give third-place team in each first round group a chance, in case of the IND/PAK WC 2007 scenario, with 2 of the third-place teams progressing, and making the second round 5 teams in each group. Or, (the less fair way) just do it by NRR from first round.

But I guess this would make the tournament go on forever...

Last edited by goru; November 7, 2022 at 08:10 PM..
Old November 7, 2022, 08:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I don't think they expected Aus to be eliminated in group stages, hence the format change lol

Most likely it will be 2 Test teams and 2 Associates per group.
I'm quite sure it'll be Ind Pak wi SL SA aus Eng nz devided in 4 groups with 2 in each group. Rest filled up by us minnows.

But this puts India at risk like the 2007 world cup..say Ind is in a group with Nz AFG Ireland and Namibia. NZ wins all matches in the group. AFG defeats InD and the rest bar NZ. Then NZ will have 8 AFG will have 6 and India can win the rest of the matches for 200 runs still they will have 4 points. This format puts that one slip up and you are gone 2007 vive where Ind lost to us and SL and was out